Its good to have friends that are cops. - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 06-22-2012, 05:40 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California
Its good to have friends that are cops.

Is good to have friends that are cops especially living where I live in SoCal. Because there are really strict on tint and exhaust. I told a buddy of mine that's a k9 officer that I was tinting my windows and getting aftermarket exhaust. He was like yea don't worry about it. You won't get pulled over unless you are being real stupid. Thought that was awesome!
3.55 Gears
Borla "s" type catback exhaust
20% tint alll around.
bluemonster13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-22-2012, 06:00 PM   #2

Region: Texas
I'm a cop here is southeast Texas. The way you act when driving will go a long way on whether you will get stopped for little stuff.
ShieldStang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2012, 06:27 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Pennsylvania
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShieldStang
I'm a cop here is southeast Texas. The way you act when driving will go a long way on whether you will get stopped for little stuff.
+1
DWC_SmOziLLa is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-22-2012, 06:59 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Region: South Carolina
Quote:
I wish all cops thought the same as you. You're answer speaks volume for actually protecting and serving. I see young, albeit not limiting to young, cops all over...I've lived in every state on easy coast...that try to prove their authority over you no matter what the circumstance is that give bad names to cops like you that actually do their job. I've been pulled over doing under the speed limit by a cop going the opposite direction that I was, only to give me a ticket for a tinted plastic cover over my license plate. He pulled me over blasting over his loud speaker that I was resisting...why wasn't I stopping, because he forgot to put his lights on! Once he figured he didn't have them on...after I told him they weren't on...he said I should always pull over for a cop that rides my bumper like he was with force bc it means he was trying to pull me over. Felt like I was reenacting super troopers ha.
Conditions: 3pm in georgia, I was only car on 4 lane highway, weather was clear and sunny.
Old 06-22-2012, 07:07 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Florida
I've been lucky in my area. Every time I've been stopped I had a decent cop. 90% of the time I get a warning, the other two little things that were non moving violations. Better than a speeding ticket.
Ucfknight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2012, 07:14 PM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
+1 my buddies think the same as you.
3.55 Gears
20% tint alll around.
Old 06-22-2012, 07:31 PM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Michigan
I got popped the other day for my tint!.. Cop asked for my drivers license, insurance, and registration!... Well first thing I reach for is my wallet, I flip it open to get my DL out and the cop sees my Military ID!.. He looks at me and says, "Your good!.. I don't mess with veterans!.. I'm a veteran myself!..". And then I'm on my merry way!..

Back in my day when I pulled people over, your attitude towards me most of the time determined if you got a ticket from me or not!...
Eturner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2012, 07:37 PM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

Yea I'm a vet to. I got pulled over once same thing happend to but he gave me hard time but no ticket.
3.55 Gears
20% tint alll around.
Old 06-22-2012, 09:52 PM   #9
The Blue Dragon
Regular
Supporter

Region: Kentucky
I'm a vet too, a marine Afghanistan vet, and the cop knew it because it's on my license plate... She still gave me a ticket anyways... For going 15 over... And if she had been paying any attention she would have seen that I was trying to avoid an accident right in front of me I was trying to go around

AUGUST 2012 MOTM!!!!
GrabberBlue5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2012, 09:57 PM   #10
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrabberBlue5.0
I'm a vet too, a marine Afghanistan vet, and the cop knew it because it's on my license plate... She still gave me a ticket anyways... For going 15 over... And if she had been paying any attention she would have seen that I was trying to avoid an accident right in front of me I was trying to go around
Well there are cops that don't like the military for some reason. That sucks!
3.55 Gears
20% tint alll around.
Old 06-22-2012, 10:02 PM   #11
The Blue Dragon
Regular
Supporter

Yea it's all good that was almost a year ago, and she's probably still a loser haha

AUGUST 2012 MOTM!!!!
Old 06-22-2012, 10:10 PM   #12
Lorraine's driver

Regular

Region: Indiana
Can't give you vets enough props for your service. You guys really mean a lot to us! Sorry, don't mean to be so gushy.
Old 06-22-2012, 10:12 PM   #13
The Blue Dragon
Regular
Supporter

Thanks azure☺

Haha

AUGUST 2012 MOTM!!!!
Old 06-22-2012, 10:15 PM   #14
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azure
Can't give you vets enough props for your service. You guys really mean a lot to us! Sorry, don't mean to be so gushy.
Thanks for the support!
3.55 Gears
20% tint alll around.
Old 06-23-2012, 02:51 AM   #15
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluemonster13
Is good to have friends that are cops especially living where I live in SoCal. Because there are really strict on tint and exhaust. I told a buddy of mine that's a k9 officer that I was tinting my windows and getting aftermarket exhaust. He was like yea don't worry about it. You won't get pulled over unless you are being real stupid. Thought that was awesome!
Attitude is everything! Let's just say I've done stupid things... Regardless of the attitude of the officer they are simply at work while we are on our way to something, I always put the keys on the dash, hands on the wheel, turn off radio and turn up the politeness to 11... I've had some tickets vanish after the fact and I've had a situation that was technically evasion dumbed down to a high speeding ticket that I went to traffic school for.

At the end of the day were all driving fords at high speeds there's a bond there lol

I once did 85 in a 50, was pulled over, my illegal exhaust was complimented and there was a verbal warning. I'm in california none the less. Attitude is everything.
Old 06-23-2012, 07:21 AM   #16
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Michigan
Quote:
Originally Posted by stangaroo

Attitude is everything! Let's just say I've done stupid things... Regardless of the attitude of the officer they are simply at work while we are on our way to something, I always put the keys on the dash, hands on the wheel, turn off radio and turn up the politeness to 11... I've had some tickets vanish after the fact and I've had a situation that was technically evasion dumbed down to a high speeding ticket that I went to traffic school for.

At the end of the day were all driving fords at high speeds there's a bond there lol

I once did 85 in a 50, was pulled over, my illegal exhaust was complimented and there was a verbal warning. I'm in california none the less. Attitude is everything.
+11. Attitude is everything!.. I once was busted for illegal street racing!.. Cop stopped me first and told me to wait there!.. Then he went after the other guy!.. About 15 minutes later the cop comes back, before he even makes it up to my car I have all my stuff in my hand and out the window!.. He doesn't even look and says, "Because you actually waited here, I'm going to let you go with a warning!.. No more speeding or racing!!..."
Eturner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2012, 10:11 AM   #17
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

Never thought of putting my keys on the dash. I guess I'll be adding that to the pulled over routine. The safer you make them feel the better. Living in a small town where there are only like 10 officers on payroll does wonders. I work at in n out and they all know my car and know me because they see it parked in the same place every day (its off all by itself in a big parking lot that they patrol constantly.
Delta vt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2012, 11:09 AM   #18
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

Yea attitude is the biggest thing. I have been in the military 10 years and have been a military police for 6 of those years. If you have an attitude with me you are Definetly getting a ticket. I get attitude from most of the civilians on base.
3.55 Gears
20% tint alll around.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT