Lowering my Coyote need some advice - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 06-23-2012, 05:13 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Canada
Lowering my Coyote need some advice

Im lowering my mustang with the eibach pro kit. Its aproximetly 1" drop infront and 1.5" in the rear. I was just wondering as a daily driver and once in a while enjoying some turns. Could i just to the springs and be fine or will i need camber bolts for proper alignment and panhard bar for centering out the rear end.... Im sorry if someone has already done a thread on this topic i just like recent post from people
GE3G is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-23-2012, 06:17 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Virginia
Re: Lowering my Coyote need some advice

after you install the springs, you can take measurments to see if you need the other parts.
Old 06-23-2012, 06:23 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Pennsylvania
Quote:
Originally Posted by GE3G
Im lowering my mustang with the eibach pro kit. Its aproximetly 1" drop infront and 1.5" in the rear. I was just wondering as a daily driver and once in a while enjoying some turns. Could i just to the springs and be fine or will i need camber bolts for proper alignment and panhard bar for centering out the rear end.... Im sorry if someone has already done a thread on this topic i just like recent post from people
Some claim with only going a inch in the front, the factory setup can be aligned. Others say not. I recommend going eith camber bolts, so at least you are certain you can get the front straight. In the rear, a inch and a half drop will push the rear about 3/8" to the drivers side. If you want to maintain the look and geometry it is a wise decision to get the adjustable panhard bar also. For know you wont need anything else. Do it right the first time. Good luck
DWC_SmOziLLa is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-23-2012, 09:46 PM   #4

I lowered it 1in using P springs and tought i would be fine without the camber bolts and was very pissed when the tech told me that he was going to drilll a slotted hole in my Konis to create more adjustment as the caber was too big.

No need to say that i had to go get some camber bolts and tod him not to touch the car until i get back.

Save yourself some trouble and brng the bolts with you
nocats4me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2012, 10:08 PM   #5
The Blue Dragon
Regular
Supporter

Region: Kentucky
Quote:
Originally Posted by nocats4me
I lowered it 1in using P springs and tought i would be fine without the camber bolts and was very pissed when the tech told me that he was going to drilll a slotted hole in my Konis to create more adjustment as the caber was too big.

No need to say that i had to go get some camber bolts and tod him not to touch the car until i get back.

Save yourself some trouble and brng the bolts with you
We all know that no two cars are exactly alike. That said I had no issues with just one inch, simple alignment and done. Obviously nocats4me had an issue. Really kinda is a gamble. If you wanna be on the safe side then get the c/c plates/camber bolts and adjustable lanyard rod. If you like risk then do not get them. Chances are you will not need them for "just" an inch but there's still that chance you will

AUGUST 2012 MOTM!!!!
GrabberBlue5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2012, 01:59 PM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

So to be 100% safe and tell me if im wrong, i wanna do it properly am i no properly would consist of a coilover kit but i just wanna do springs for now. I will be needing the Eibach prokit with camber plates and an adjustable panhard bar to do this properly is this correct?
GE3G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2012, 04:26 PM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by GE3G
So to be 100% safe and tell me if im wrong, i wanna do it properly am i no properly would consist of a coilover kit but i just wanna do springs for now. I will be needing the Eibach prokit with camber plates and an adjustable panhard bar to do this properly is this correct?
The bolts will be fine no need for plates. I have the prokit and did not need anything. I did buy the bolts but did not have to use them
Rolltide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2012, 06:09 PM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Virginia
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rolltide

The bolts will be fine no need for plates. I have the prokit and did not need anything. I did buy the bolts but did not have to use them
^+1 I bought the Prokit and installed it along with the panhard bar. Everything has been working fine. I've put about 3,500 miles on it so far.
Old 06-24-2012, 06:52 PM   #9
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New Jersey
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rolltide

I put around 3000 miles on my pro-kit with shocks/struts but reused the factory mounts... but now I'm getting a weird noise in the front, I'm assuming its the mounts
gtstyles2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2012, 10:50 AM   #10
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtstyles2 View Post
I put around 3000 miles on my pro-kit with shocks/struts but reused the factory mounts... but now I'm getting a weird noise in the front, I'm assuming its the mounts
Camber plates aren't in a lot of peoples budget and a good alternative is to go with the Ford Racing GT500 strut mounts, they are thicker and keep the suspension from popping etc which you get by using the oem mounts. Also check the linkage that connects to the front sway bar and strut, it may not seem loose to the naked eye, but often it has to be tightened down after lowering as it seems to get some play in it and makes a clanking sound when driving over bumps etc.
Boomer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2012, 11:49 AM   #11
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New Jersey
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boomer

Camber plates aren't in a lot of peoples budget and a good alternative is to go with the Ford Racing GT500 strut mounts, they are thicker and keep the suspension from popping etc which you get by using the oem mounts. Also check the linkage that connects to the front sway bar and strut, it may not seem loose to the naked eye, but often it has to be tightened down after lowering as it seems to get some play in it and makes a clanking sound when driving over bumps etc.
I did get, the GT500 mounts but they're not compatible with the eibach setup... had to return the mounts, I'm considering the Steeda mounts but they're kinda pricey
gtstyles2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2012, 04:18 PM   #12
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

The gt500 mounts do not fit on stock 2011+ struts I found this out the hard way and just ended up reusing stock mounts but I did get panhard but no camber plates? Do u need them I installed eibach sport line I believe it's 2 in the rear 1.5 in the front...
5pointOH2011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2012, 04:47 PM   #13
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Wisconsin
I have Eibach ProKit springs on my '11 GT. I needed an adjustable panhard bar to center my rear axle after the drop. I also installed Maximum Motorsports Camber/Caster Plates as my stock strut mounts went to sh** after being taken out and reinstalled. I also have Eibach ProDamp struts and shocks and Eibach adjustable sway bars on my car.
2011 GT M6 Premium- Mechanical upgrades include: Boss 302 Intake, JLT CAI, JPC LT Headers, Off Road X Pipe, and mufflers, 410 Gears, Granatelli Hot Street Coil Packs, 93 Octane Ghost Cam Tune by Jon Lund,Eibach ProKit Springs,shocks, struts and sway bars, BMR LCA's, Strut Tower Brace, and adjustable Panhard Bar, Maximum Motorsports Camber/Caster Plates, Barton Shortshifter and bracket, Wilwood Superlight Brakes w/6 and 4 piston calipers, Steeda Spyders- 9-1/2X20 with 275/35 and 11X20 with 315/35 Nitto Invos.
bellski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2012, 07:35 PM   #14
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Tennessee
Cj pony parts just posted this on twitter today

http://t.co/PbcDwgB3
SSTHIS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2012, 09:51 PM   #15
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5pointOH2011 View Post
The gt500 mounts do not fit on stock 2011+ struts I found this out the hard way and just ended up reusing stock mounts but I did get panhard but no camber plates? Do u need them I installed eibach sport line I believe it's 2 in the rear 1.5 in the front...
Yeah I know, I forgot they are recommended with Ford Racing Springs and different struts. You can probably get away with the stock mounts for a little while but I would definitely get camber plates down the road or you may have issues. As bellski stated his stock mounts went bad.

Did you have an alignment done or put in some camber bolts after installing the sportlines? They sit pretty low and your camber etc can only be adjusted so far with stock components.
Boomer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2012, 11:19 PM   #16
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

Yeah I know, I forgot they are recommended with Ford Racing Springs and different struts. You can probably get away with the stock mounts for a little while but I would definitely get camber plates down the road or you may have issues. As bellski stated his stock mounts went bad.

Did you have an alignment done or put in some camber bolts after installing the sportlines? They sit pretty low and your camber etc can only be adjusted so far with stock components.
I actually just had it done and haven't had time to get an alignment yet cause I'm having trouble with my steeda aftermarket upper control arm but it's not my everyday driver and everything feels fine when i drive it
5pointOH2011 is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT