overtime paycheck - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 06-26-2012, 10:51 AM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Illinois
overtime paycheck

Due to all the vacation days at work I'm going to be getting a nice over time check. Figuring around 800 to a 1000. I have a 2012 ford mustang 5.0 automatic transmission with 3.15 gears, boss intake, roush cai and roush axleback exhaust and bama tuner. I'll be adding a Supercharger in a few years. Any advice on what to spend the money on. Thanks again
Sprintradc is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-26-2012, 11:25 AM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New York
I'd put that towards some new wheels.
CYCLON37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2012, 11:32 AM   #3
Lorraine's driver

Regular

Region: Indiana
I think gears would be the biggest bang for that money. I don't know much about the new auto trannys, but 3.73 would be a good mix between what you have now and 4.10's.
Advertisement

Old 06-26-2012, 12:06 PM   #4
AmericanMuscle.com
Sponsor

Region: Pennsylvania
Re: overtime paycheck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sprintradc View Post
Due to all the vacation days at work I'm going to be getting a nice over time check. Figuring around 800 to a 1000. I have a 2012 ford mustang 5.0 automatic transmission with 3.15 gears, boss intake, roush cai and roush axleback exhaust and bama tuner. I'll be adding a Supercharger in a few years. Any advice on what to spend the money on. Thanks again

Sprintradc,

It looks like you have already covered all of your "basic" mods & you defiantly went with a lot of great parts!

I would probably lean towards an Off-Road Midpipe (H or X) & a set of gears. When deleting the cats on the new edge mustangs we are seeing gains of 15+RWHP! (with a tune)

Gears will not actually gain you an significant power #, however they will make probably feel like your biggest gain yet! The acceleration & Torque you will gain will be incredible!

Also suspension is one of the most beneficial mods you can do! Parts such as lower springs, control arms, sway bars, pan hard bar ect... These will help you get a more aggressive stance, handle like your on rails & reduce wheel hop!

You could also beginning the cosmetics stage! Wheels, pre painted parts ect...

This is just some basic modification in a "nut shell". Hit me up if you need further assistance! Also Our Mustang Experts are here Monday-Friday from 9AM-9PM EST and Saturdays from 9AM-5:30PM EST. If you want to hit them up, their number is 866.727.1266. I can also have one of them call you directly.

I hope this helps your decision making!

- Dan
Bama Direct: 888.226.9764| Mon-Fri 9AM-5:30PM EST
FREE SAME-DAY SHIPPING IN THE US-48 AND PRICE MATCHING!
AMDanBailer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2012, 12:07 PM   #5
Road Trip!

Region: Texas
Biggest bang for the Buck would be a stall. Best mod for an auto along with a tune.
wnt2gofst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2012, 12:28 PM   #6
Road Trip!

Region: Canada
Quote:
Originally Posted by wnt2gofst
Biggest bang for the Buck would be a stall. Best mod for an auto along with a tune.
For drag racing. For the street gears,suspension should be next on his list.
2011gt85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2012, 12:40 PM   #7
Road Trip!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2011gt85

For drag racing. For the street gears,suspension should be next on his list.
Even on the street a stall is best bang for the Buck. Look at Sean Kelley. 1000whp runs low 9's and still on bone stock suspension. Drive it on the street as well. Suspension one these cars are not all bad. A stall will out shine gears all day on the street and track. That combined with him going fi he doesn't need to touch his gears less he wants to change them back out later. And throw away money both times.
Old 06-26-2012, 12:55 PM   #8
Road Trip!

Quote:
Originally Posted by wnt2gofst

Even on the street a stall is best bang for the Buck. Look at Sean Kelley. 1000whp runs low 9's and still on bone stock suspension. Drive it on the street as well. Suspension one these cars are not all bad. A stall will out shine gears all day on the street and track. That combined with him going fi he doesn't need to touch his gears less he wants to change them back out later. And throw away money both times.
There is a huge difference bud. Sean Kelly built his car to be the fastest coyote on the drag strip and just so happens to also street drive it. Most people are the opposite! Street car first and might try the track. For someone that has no interest in the track and just wants street stuff you don't want a stall. How many people are running stalls that don't ever drive at the track? Lol
Old 06-26-2012, 01:26 PM   #9
Road Trip!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2011gt85

There is a huge difference bud. Sean Kelly built his car to be the fastest coyote on the drag strip and just so happens to also street drive it. Most people are the opposite! Street car first and might try the track. For someone that has no interest in the track and just wants street stuff you don't want a stall. How many people are running stalls that don't ever drive at the track? Lol
People put stalls in all the time and never go to the track. Its what the stall does for the auto.
Old 06-26-2012, 01:36 PM   #10
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Pennsylvania
Are we really still arguing about setting ur car up for drag racing... Play a new song man
Edens5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2012, 01:45 PM   #11
Road Trip!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edens5
Are we really still arguing about setting ur car up for drag racing... Play a new song man
Some think some mods only work on the track. Which is far from true. Can't teach some people anything. This will lead them to always be the slowest on the street and track.
Old 06-26-2012, 01:59 PM   #12
Registered Member
Regular

What's a stall?
Merben50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2012, 02:03 PM   #13
It's not me, it's you.
Regular
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Merben50
What's a stall?
A compartment for one domestic animal in a barn or shed. 2. a. A booth or cubical.

Lmao! Sorry man. I couldn't resist.
primer2tone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2012, 02:10 PM   #14
Registered Member
Regular

Lol im even more confused. I thought a stall was something only for automatics like a launching device.
Merben50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2012, 02:41 PM   #15
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Washington
Send a message via AIM to gregtommy Send a message via Skype™ to gregtommy
I wouldn't go gears yet. With your intentions of supercharging over the next few years you will probably want to see how it acts with the stock. If you want to go gears anyway go 3.55 and when u do supercharge it you should be satisfied. If you are interested in setting yourself from the crowd do a few body mods, lower it new rims or tires. You know as well as i do how many mustangs are on the road so sticking out of the herd with your own individual tastes can go a long ways

Mustang history started with a 2000 v6, 2003 GT, 2007 GT, 2011 GT, all Black(coincidence)
gregtommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2012, 05:35 PM   #16
Road Trip!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Merben50
Lol im even more confused. I thought a stall was something only for automatics like a launching device.
A stall convertor. And yes only for auto. And it wakes them up from a launch or a roll.
Old 06-26-2012, 05:40 PM   #17
Road Trip!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edens5
Not arguing Just letting the op know about some mods. And weather not they are good for his application or not. Some want faster 1/4 mile times some don't care that's all.
Old 06-26-2012, 08:49 PM   #18
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Arizona
If that $800 - $1,000 is after taxes, consider what some of these mods cost installed. You could do Llumar ceramic tint for about $300 and still have enough to do 3:73 gears at about $500. You could upgrade the stock speakers with JL Audio for about $330. You could do rear windows louvers. You could replace the standard hood hinges and prop rod with painted hood struts. You could do a driveshaft safety loop. Unfortunately, four new rims and better than stock tires would put you over budget as would a nice Borla S-type exhaust with h-pipe. Of course you could always donate whatever might be left over to your favorite charity or the Wounded Warrior Project. In any case, enjoy yourself. Looking forward to your completed project.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT