Experienced Advice Needed - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 06-27-2012, 08:20 AM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Virginia
Experienced Advice Needed

Or those of you that have been bitten by the modding bug, what do you all do with the stock parts? Keep them for later or sell to buy more parts? I've got some laying around and I'm curious to see what other people do with theirs. If selling is the way to go, what avenues do you all find are most efficient/best way to sell them?
Advertisement

Old 06-27-2012, 08:38 AM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Illinois
I keep all my spare parts. I like giving the option to a buyer that the original parts are available. As most of us here, we all have stock parts, and I've seen some of us try to sell them. Turns out that shipping the parts cost more then the stock parts them selves. I also feel its nice to save them in case you decide u wanna upgrade more in the future. For example: I bought a cai that works with my stock intake, but I now wanna upgrade to a boss intake. That means my current cai will not work no longer and I need to buy one for the boss intake.. I think it's better to sell your upgrades then the stock stuff. Seems like selling all your upgrades and then selling your car with the original parts works out better. Just my way of thinking.
Struego is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2012, 08:47 AM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Makes sense.

Branching off that, if I decide to trade it in for a '13 GT500, would it be wise to revert it to stock or try to sell the dealer on the value of the mods?
Advertisement

Old 06-27-2012, 09:05 AM   #4
Lorraine's driver

Regular

Region: Indiana
Quote:
Originally Posted by GT_Man
Makes sense.

Branching off that, if I decide to trade it in for a '13 GT500, would it be wise to revert it to stock or try to sell the dealer on the value of the mods?
I don't think we ever get enough when we trade modded cars. I would revert back to stock except for items that calls for professional help, like gears, etc. You should be able to sell your mod parts pretty easy.
Old 06-27-2012, 09:46 AM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Hmmm... I'll be deployed most of the next couple years, so I've got time to sit on it. I'll probably wait to see what they do with the 2015. If it doesn't fail, I will look into that. My '12 GT/CS will do just fine for now as my garage warrior!!
Old 06-27-2012, 09:59 AM   #6
Road Trip!

Region: Texas
Keep them.
wnt2gofst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2012, 11:33 AM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

If your replacing your rear bumper and want to,sell your stock tell Me!
Merben50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2012, 11:47 AM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Other
Re: Experienced Advice Needed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Struego View Post
I keep all my spare parts. I like giving the option to a buyer that the original parts are available. As most of us here, we all have stock parts, and I've seen some of us try to sell them. Turns out that shipping the parts cost more then the stock parts them selves. I also feel its nice to save them in case you decide u wanna upgrade more in the future. For example: I bought a cai that works with my stock intake, but I now wanna upgrade to a boss intake. That means my current cai will not work no longer and I need to buy one for the boss intake.. I think it's better to sell your upgrades then the stock stuff. Seems like selling all your upgrades and then selling your car with the original parts works out better. Just my way of thinking.
Just as any FYI. Not sure what CAI you have, but if you have a Steeda we do offer a Boss CAI upgrade kit for it so that it will work with the Boss intake manifold.
SteedaBrandon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2012, 12:44 PM   #9
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Pennsylvania
Usually selling stock parts is hard being our cars are so new. In 4 years ppl will be searching for them. I see we have a steeda rep?!? Discounts...
Edens5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2012, 01:58 PM   #10
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Arkansas
Quote:
Originally Posted by Edens5
Usually selling stock parts is hard being our cars are so new. In 4 years ppl will be searching for them. I see we have a steeda rep?!? Discounts...
+1 on discounts! I happened to take all my spare part to the salvage yard yesterday and got $175.00.. Old axle backs, factory CAI, factory springs, panhard, factory hpipe... I didnt think that was too bad.. Could def get more on eBay or something like that though..
Old 06-27-2012, 02:04 PM   #11
It's not me, it's you.
Regular
Supporter

Region: Texas
I'm using all my stock parts and reassembling them in my living room. Eventually, I'll have two mustangs. Lol
primer2tone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2012, 02:06 PM   #12
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Arkansas
Quote:
Originally Posted by primer2tone
I'm using all my stock parts and reassembling them in my living room. Eventually, I'll have two mustangs. Lol
+1 like
Old 06-27-2012, 02:40 PM   #13
Moderator Emeritus
Legacy
Regular

Region: Alabama
Send a message via AIM to SpectorV

you may need them, they are not worth much, keep them. If you ever go back to stock or need to you can if you have the parts.
2003 Cobra Vert (Redfire) #3938 of 5082 @ 05/27/2003
472rwhp/493rwtq -Modification List - Dyno Sheet
2012 Mustang 3.7L M6 (Kona Blue)
2011 Ford Edge Sport (Red Metallic)
SpectorV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2012, 05:34 PM   #14
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteedaBrandon
Just as any FYI. Not sure what CAI you have, but if you have a Steeda we do offer a Boss CAI upgrade kit for it so that it will work with the Boss intake manifold.
I have the WMS ram air intake
Struego is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2012, 06:28 PM   #15
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteedaBrandon
I do actually have the Steeda and I've been considering going to the Boss IM. However, I haven't decided whether to go root style on the charger or not to, so I'm in limbo right now. Plenty of time though, I won't be able to do anything with it until next year sometime.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edens5
^+11111

Quote:
Originally Posted by primer2tone
Lmao. Priceless.
Old 07-31-2012, 08:51 PM   #16
Registered Member
Regular

I'm keeping my stock rims even after buying new wheels, and here's my reason why....

I have two sets of tires: summers and all-seasons. Depending on the season, I switch them out every six months so that the summer tires would last longer. (I didn't bother with winter tires because I don't plan to drive in the snow.) Rather than switching my new rims from one tire set to another every six months, I decided to keep my stock ones on the all-seasons, and my nice black ones on the summers. The new wheels are expensive, and I don't want them getting ruined or anything in the winter.
Dcobra31 is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT