55D - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 07-01-2012, 07:05 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: North Carolina
55D

Anyone got'em on their brembo?
bigsmitty24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-01-2012, 07:51 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Arkansas
No.. I personally think they're ridiculous.. Do it right and drop the whole thing IMO..
Old 07-01-2012, 08:02 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Oklahoma
Quote:
Originally Posted by 11stangGT
No.. I personally think they're ridiculous.. Do it right and drop the whole thing IMO..
+1! And you get a freakin sexy look everybody will notice, not just a little leveling drop in the rear...
Las0mbra is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-01-2012, 08:16 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Mississippi
(not jacking your thread) but What all do I need to drop my brembo car? I wanna go 1.5 all the way around. If its gonna be a big deal and too expensive I'll just do 1".
NuckChorris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2012, 08:35 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by NuckChorris
(not jacking your thread) but What all do I need to drop my brembo car? I wanna go 1.5 all the way around. If its gonna be a big deal and too expensive I'll just do 1".
Mines got brembos and i recently put H&R race springs on it. Dropped it 1.5 in the front and almost 2 in the rear. Sorry i didnt measure it but theyre advertised at a 1.5 approx drop. I had the springs laying around for a while and i knew i was gonna have to get heavy duty strut mount as well as shocks/struts being such a big drop...butttt i got in a hurry and put the springs on anyway. As expected about a week or so and my strut mounts start making noise. Im kinda working backwords now but Im about to put j&m camber plates and steeda struts and shocks on in the next few weeks.

---------- Post added at 08:35 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:31 PM ----------

Oh yea forgot that i also put on an adjustable panhard bar. Dropping it that low pushed the axle almost a half inch out to the left. So all that said to answer your question, yes, if you wanna go that low and do it right, it will cost some dough...hey that rhymes! Hope that helps!
Old 07-01-2012, 08:41 PM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainBeyond

Mines got brembos and i recently put H&R race springs on it. Dropped it 1.5 in the front and almost 2 in the rear. Sorry i didnt measure it but theyre advertised at a 1.5 approx drop. I had the springs laying around for a while and i knew i was gonna have to get heavy duty strut mount as well as shocks/struts being such a big drop...butttt i got in a hurry and put the springs on anyway. As expected about a week or so and my strut mounts start making noise. Im kinda working backwords now but Im about to put j&m camber plates and steeda struts and shocks on in the next few weeks.

---------- Post added at 08:35 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:31 PM ----------

Oh yea forgot that i also put on an adjustable panhard bar. Dropping it that low pushed the axle almost a half inch out to the left. So all that said to answer your question, yes, if you wanna go that low and do it right, it will cost some dough...hey that rhymes! Hope that helps!
That's kinda what I figured
Old 07-01-2012, 09:14 PM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

That's kinda what I figured
All I did to mine was springs.. Then later did the panhard.. K springs
Old 07-01-2012, 09:15 PM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

All I did to mine was springs.. Then later did the panhard.. K springs
How much did it drop it?
Old 07-01-2012, 10:03 PM   #9
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

How much did it drop it?
1.5 all around..
Old 07-01-2012, 10:14 PM   #10
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

1.5 all around..
How's the ride? What springs did you use?
Old 07-01-2012, 11:29 PM   #11
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

How's the ride? What springs did you use?
Rides great.. Frpp k springs..
Old 07-02-2012, 06:36 AM   #12
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

Rides great.. Frpp k springs..
Thanks
Old 07-02-2012, 06:59 AM   #13
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Virginia
Re: 55D

My Brembo 2012 came with dealer-installed Roush extreme lowering springs and I couldn't be happier (well, maybe I could but just don't know it yet). The look is perfect ... IMO what the car should look like anyway. The handling is great although I don't have much to compare it to, admittedly.
mmike87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2012, 08:00 AM   #14
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmike87
My Brembo 2012 came with dealer-installed Roush extreme lowering springs and I couldn't be happier (well, maybe I could but just don't know it yet). The look is perfect ... IMO what the car should look like anyway. The handling is great although I don't have much to compare it to, admittedly.
Got pics?
Old 07-02-2012, 08:54 AM   #15
Registered Member
Regular

Here is the photobucket link.

http://s1049.photobucket.com/albums/s398/mmike87/
Old 07-02-2012, 09:17 AM   #16
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Canada

Here's another....it's the rainy day pics on the second page.

Pictures by 5lho - Photobucket
5LHO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2012, 09:54 AM   #17
Registered Member
Regular

Nice pics. I like the stance
Old 07-02-2012, 10:16 AM   #18
Registered Member
Regular

Seriously - I don't know why they ship with so much wheel gap. IMO they don't even look lowered unless you're parked next to a non-lowered car.
Old 07-02-2012, 10:17 AM   #19
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New York
Quote:
Originally Posted by mmike87
Seriously - I don't know why they ship with so much wheel gap. IMO they don't even look lowered unless you're parked next to a non-lowered car.
Lol I like the stock ride height. Guess I'm the only one lol
The Darkside is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2012, 10:23 AM   #20
Registered Member
Regular

No, you aren't, really. With a Brembo car you don't notice the height so much, except at the rear, because the wheels are big. Hence the reason for these springs. I don't want to drop my car as the road condition where I live don't warrant doing that. The 55d do the job of levelling the car without putting any underbody parts at risk.
Old 07-02-2012, 10:29 AM   #21
Registered Member
Regular

I live in small town Arkansas and never have any issues rubbing or anything with my 1.5" drop.. I also have a boss/cs front fascia..
Old 07-02-2012, 10:53 AM   #22
Registered Member
Regular

well, I live in a relatively big town on the seashore built in large part on the side of a mountain so, it's a bit more tricky to navigate. Plus, the gubmint here has put about 8-1/2 cents into road repair in 10 years, choosing instead to spend it on boutique projects like new bridges, Olympic bids and stadium roofs.
Old 07-02-2012, 12:25 PM   #23
Registered Member
Regular

Lol I live in the Ozark mountains.. Very rough area.. Nothing but hills and hairpins..
Old 07-22-2012, 12:47 AM   #24
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California

Quote:
Originally Posted by 11stangGT View Post
That really is a "ridiculous statement" with no merit. We have many Brembo Owners now using the 55D spring Kit who have nothing but praise for them.

There is nothing wrong with a well designed spring kit that does what other springs can't. Not everyone wants to lower a car for looks and have to buy a list of other expensive parts to make it work. Many want the car to perform to realistic expectations in the real world with a simple change.

My advice read up on it:

55D Spring Kit Brembo50.com
2011 Mustang GT - 5.0 - Black/Black -300A - Brembo Brake Option (55D) - 6-Speed - 3:73 (457) Under 30K & Fast as Hell! The way a mustang should be! Performance Parts: SCT Tuner, K&N Filter, Grabber Pony Black Cue Ball Shifter, Ford Racing SVT GT500 Axle Back Mufflers. Route 66 Speed Shop 55D Spring Kit http://www.Brembo50.com
201150300A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2012, 01:08 AM   #25
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by 201150300A

That really is a "ridiculous statement" with no merit. We have many Brembo Owners now using the 55D spring Kit who have nothing but praise for them.

There is nothing wrong with a well designed spring kit that does what other springs can't. Not everyone wants to lower a car for looks and have to buy a list of other expensive parts to make it work. Many want the car the perform to realistic expectations in the real world with a simple change.

My advice read up on it:

55D Spring Kit Brembo50.com
Im sorry that you don't agree w my opinion.. But it's just that an opinion so deal w it! There is no need to read up on it considering I'm already well aware of what it entails.. And I might be wrong but I believe the vast majority of people that want to lower their vehicle do want "looks" and performance.. Of which your precious 55D does very little of.. And I'm very certain that ANY company could make these springs, they just haven't tried and don't see the need as almost no one wants to lower their car 1/2".. Not to mention only in the rear.. Not saying their isn't a market for it or whatever cuz obviously their is (a small one) only that to me it's 100% pointless and would rather save another $200 and drop the whole car and actually make it look better AND perform better.. And learn how to use quotations!!
Old 07-22-2012, 01:38 AM   #26
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Im sorry that you don't agree w my opinion.. But it's just that an opinion so deal w it! There is no need to read up on it considering I'm already well aware of what it entails.. And I might be wrong but I believe the vast majority of people that want to lower their vehicle do want "looks" and performance.. Of which your precious 55D does very little of.. And I'm very certain that ANY company could make these springs, they just haven't tried and don't see the need as almost no one wants to lower their car 1/2".. Not to mention only in the rear.. Not saying their isn't a market for it or whatever cuz obviously their is (a small one) only that to me it's 100% pointless and would rather save another $200 and drop the whole car and actually make it look better AND perform better.. And learn how to use quotations!!
Gee did I hit a nerve with you? Are you that defensive. You know what they say about opinions?

Unless your IQ has dropped and it sounds like your has, just because you "lower" a car down all around , doesn't mean it will handle better, let alone perform better.

I advise you read a suspension book or better yet go racing.

And one more thing:

Look no further than the testing done by Motor Trend magazine (Oct 2010) that took a "stock" Brembo Mustang to the "track" and achieved an average .96g in lateral acceleration and a Maximum number of 1.3g on the race course.

How much more handling "performance" do you really need for "street driving"?
2011 Mustang GT - 5.0 - Black/Black -300A - Brembo Brake Option (55D) - 6-Speed - 3:73 (457) Under 30K & Fast as Hell! The way a mustang should be! Performance Parts: SCT Tuner, K&N Filter, Grabber Pony Black Cue Ball Shifter, Ford Racing SVT GT500 Axle Back Mufflers. Route 66 Speed Shop 55D Spring Kit http://www.Brembo50.com
Old 07-22-2012, 01:53 AM   #27
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

Gee did I hit a nerve with you? Are you that defensive. You know what they say about opinions?

Unless your IQ has dropped and it sounds like your has, just because you drop a car down, doesn't mean it will handle better, let alone perform better.

I advise you read a suspension book or better yet go racing.
I'm not allowed to defend my statement? And generally yes a car will handle/perform better when lowered.. As long as you don't put some cheap sh*t springs/struts/shocks etc... Common sense.. Is also a selling point of most spring kits on the market.. Maybe you should read this so called "suspension book" (that's how quotations are used lol)
Old 07-22-2012, 02:03 AM   #28
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
I'm not allowed to defend my statement? And generally yes a car will handle/perform better when lowered.. As long as you don't put some cheap sh*t springs/struts/shocks etc... Common sense.. Is also a selling point of most spring kits on the market.. Maybe you should read this so called "suspension book" (that's how quotations are used lol)
Why do you feel the need to pipe your opinion? You don't even own 55D Springs. The Original Poster was asking those who have them.

As for your common sense, it makes no sense, dude.

Anytime you lower a car more than 1" inch, YOU WILL ALWAYS HAVE SUSPENSION GEOMETRY ISSUES, UNLESS YOU MAKE INVESTMENTS INTO Camber /Caster Plates, an Adjustable Panhard Bar, and Correct Lower Control Arms and obviously the correct shocks.

See, you didn't mention these parts above, so take my advice and read some more.

And you can QUOTE me on that.
Old 07-22-2012, 02:28 AM   #29
Road Trip!

Quote:

Your wrong and know nothing about the topic so just let it go and let the people involved discuss the topic.
2011gt85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2012, 02:46 AM   #30
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

Why do you feel the need to pipe your opinion? You don't even own 55D Springs. The Original Poster was asking those who have them.

As for your common sense, it makes no sense, dude.

Anytime you lower a car more than 1" inch, YOU WILL ALWAYS HAVE SUSPENSION GEOMETRY ISSUES, UNLESS YOU MAKE INVESTMENTS INTO Camber /Caster Plates, an Adjustable Panhard Bar, and Correct Lower Control Arms and obviously the correct shocks.

See, you didn't mention these parts above, so take my advice and read some more.

And you can QUOTE me on that.
I have $180 in my k springs, $100 panhard bar, then I think camber bolts are $30... As I said save another $200 and lower the whole car.. So SEE I did mention that.. Lol Or just get frpp psprings since they only lower one inch and according to you nothin else would be effected.. Then all you need is springs.. If you don't think my car handles better than one that has 55D then your the one that needs to be doing all this reading your suggesting.. I read everything about these springs when you first started pushing them.. And sorry for letting the guy know there were other options out there? And in my opinion and that of MOST on this forum, better options

---------- Post added at 02:46 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:45 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2011gt85

Your wrong and know nothing about the topic so just let it go and let the people involved discuss the topic.
Where am I wrong? And I didn't bring it up dude so mind your own...
Old 07-22-2012, 02:58 PM   #31
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
Quote:

I have $180 in my k springs, $100 panhard bar, then I think camber bolts are $30... As I said save another $200 and lower the whole car.. So SEE I did mention that.. Lol Or just get frpp psprings since they only lower one inch and according to you nothin else would be effected.. Then all you need is springs.. If you don't think my car handles better than one that has 55D then your the one that needs to be doing all this reading your suggesting.. I read everything about these springs when you first started pushing them.. And sorry for letting the guy know there were other options out there? And in my opinion and that of MOST on this forum, better options

---------- Post added at 02:46 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:45 AM ----------

Where am I wrong? And I didn't bring it up dude so mind your own...
+10000000^^^
its hard to inagine that lowering the rear 1/2 inch would improve performance. Why spend money on 2 springs when you can buy 4 k springs or BMRs or Steeda etc. for almost the same price? Lowering the entire car gives the car better looks and performance. Just ask the ferrari, corvette, porsche fanatics. They are lowered to the max. Not trying to dog the 55D but in no way I think that 1/2 inch would do anything but looks to your car. My 2 cents
Rolltide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2012, 12:32 AM   #32
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rolltide View Post
+10000000^^^
its hard to inagine that lowering the rear 1/2 inch would improve performance. Why spend money on 2 springs when you can buy 4 k springs or BMRs or Steeda etc. for almost the same price? Lowering the entire car gives the car better looks and performance. Just ask the ferrari, corvette, porsche fanatics. They are lowered to the max. Not trying to dog the 55D but in no way I think that 1/2 inch would do anything but looks to your car. My 2 cents
Springs do more then looks if the rates and the CG of the car is lowered "within" the factory parameters.

Suspension works as a system. Hence why we made "springs" with the correct rates and heights to work with in the Brembo Suspension System.

While there are many Lowering Spring Kits currently available that can get rid of the “ugly gap” or “stance”, none of them are the "true" solution and here are the reasons why.

Slamming the car down may look cool, but it has many side effects that will hurt the Mustang's performance characteristics. Lowering the Mustang more than 1" will change the suspension geometry, which will require other components to correct it. Control Arm angles change, and its arc motion become limited vertically. Camber/Caster angles go beyond what factory specifications and parts can handle. Super high spring rates will add to your traction loss off the line and may lead to snap oversteer in the corners, not to mention that the ride quality of the car will go to hell with the stock rebound settings of factory struts & shocks.

If you don't believe this, then look no further than Ford's very own 2012 Boss 302 Program. These cars are designed as a true dual purpose “track/street car”, and yet they DO NOT even use Ford Racing's current offering of the 5300-K or P Lowering Kits, made by Eibach.

Instead, the Boss 302 uses the same "spring heights" as the current production Brembo Mustang with slightly higher working spring rates that never exceed 200lbs.

Some will argue, that they have all the “trick suspension” from what the aftermarket sells and that their suspension will perform “better than stock”.

While this may be true for an all out “road race mustang” or if you do a lot of “autocross” events, it’s not true for the majority of Mustang Owners.

The aftermarket Industry has done a fantastic marketing job, convincing 98% of Mustang Owners, that they NEED to have these parts in order to have "high performance".

But lost in all this hype is the simple fact that the majority of Mustangs never see “racing conditions”. With that said, why would these Mustang Owners want to compromise their finely tuned factory suspension system, sacrifice their ride quality and of course, lighten their wallets with the continuous need for other suspension components that are not practical for most Mustang Owners who do everyday driving.

As for the Ferrari, Corvette & Porsche owners, lets compare apples to apples.

The "stock" Mustang doesn't even come close to handling like those "super" cars because the have "independent suspension" all the way around with adjustable coilovers, adjustable shocks, sticker and wider rubber and staggered wheel and tire combs, etc. etc. So they can make their cars handle better when it is lowered with very few modifications.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT