Powder coated brembo wheels - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 07-01-2012, 11:44 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
Powder coated brembo wheels

Pretty soon I'm gunna powder coat my 2011 5.0 brembo wheels, and I can't figure out what would look cleaner. Matte black, or a Gloss. Any one have any pictures of it done. Thanks!.
Sexy 5.0 Stang is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-02-2012, 12:36 AM   #2
Road Trip!

Region: Canada
In would say don't waste your money and just get different wheels do you can get a wider tire on it. But if our dead set on your brembo wheels I would say do them a matte finish! But I'm a little biased since I have matte wheels on my black gt
2011gt85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2012, 08:40 AM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Virginia
Re: Powder coated brembo wheels

What's the turn-key cost of getting them done? Roush sells the "Track Pack" wheels, already black for $239 a wheel. Assuming you can sell your current wheels ... that may be an attractive option depending on the cost to have them done.

Ford Racing sells them, too - bur Roush has them for $10 less.
mmike87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-02-2012, 08:51 AM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

They told me it was going to be 120$ per wheel. 480$ for all 4. The wheels are still on there. So I guess if I wanted to sell the brembos, I would be without my mustang for a little bit. Thats if someone wants to buy them...
Old 07-02-2012, 10:26 AM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Lots of people told me I could easily move the wheels for $150 each, making my net cost of the new ones about $100, less than getting them coated using your pricing.

I'd buy the new ones up front, and then sell the others afterwards. Admittedly, you're taking a chance that you won't be able to see the originals. However, I think they are a good deal at $150 each.

This is the strategy I am going to use when I get the money to front the cost of the new rims.
Old 07-02-2012, 12:25 PM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Illinois

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sexy 5.0 Stang View Post
Pretty soon I'm gunna powder coat my 2011 5.0 brembo wheels, and I can't figure out what would look cleaner. Matte black, or a Gloss. Any one have any pictures of it done. Thanks!.
Swear to god, I was thinking this a week after I got the car! DO IT!
Merben50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2012, 12:30 PM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Louisiana
powder coat them white and be different!
beccabau2012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2012, 12:35 PM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

Okay! I'm for sure gunna powder coat them! Do you have any pictures of a black mustang with powder coated matte white wheels? I just don't want to "trick" things up. I'm really liking the matte black.
Old 07-02-2012, 12:42 PM   #9
Registered Member
Regular

Tell you the truth black and hi gloss black sounds nice, but makes your car look like you got spares on. Go with matte black so you can tell the difference! that or make them gloss black with a silver/chrome lip!
Old 07-02-2012, 12:44 PM   #10
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Arkansas
It's not black but maybe helps a lil.. I personally would suggest paint instead of powder coat.. Have seen several people have issues w powder coat coming off on several different things, wheels, body parts, etc.. Had the body shop at my dealership do mine for me.. Turned out perfect and i personally like the gloss more than matte..
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image-1430052993.jpg
Views:	597
Size:	438.8 KB
ID:	57314   Click image for larger version

Name:	image-376821906.jpg
Views:	552
Size:	388.8 KB
ID:	57315  

Old 07-02-2012, 12:45 PM   #11
Registered Member
Regular

FRPP Brembo wheels... now in BLACK!!

The V6 Photo Gallery "Show Us Your Pics" - Page 25 - Ford Mustang Forums

for the second link scroll down a bit. Sorry if I posted stuff from other forums. I just googled brembo black rims on a black car!
Old 07-02-2012, 02:05 PM   #12
Registered Member
Regular

A lot of folks have had excellent results with the Duplicolor Wheel paint, and there are several "how to" videos on You Tube.
Old 07-02-2012, 02:21 PM   #13
Registered Member
Regular

Yeah I heard about that! Only concerns are how good it looks, and will it wear off. I think spending more money on powder coating them in the long run would be worth it.
Old 07-02-2012, 02:30 PM   #14
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Connecticut
How about Satin finish. By buddy did satin on his SRT8 300c and looks sweet

---------- Post added at 03:30 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:29 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravnus
How about Satin finish. By buddy did satin on his SRT8 300c and looks sweet
PS...had them powdercoated first
Ravnus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2012, 02:33 PM   #15
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Connecticut

Name:	image-29047778.jpg
Views:	412
Size:	515.6 KB
ID:	57317
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	image-1092768003.jpg
Views:	441
Size:	538.7 KB
ID:	57318  
Ravnus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2012, 02:41 PM   #16
Registered Member
Regular

Name:	image-2867465020.jpg
Views:	31469
Size:	288.4 KB
ID:	57319

obviously this isn't a mustang but gives you an idea. I hate black on black because everything just blends in. with this the wheels pop and bring life back to your car
Old 07-03-2012, 02:37 PM   #17
Registered Member
Regular

does anyone else thinks this looks good?
Old 07-03-2012, 02:53 PM   #18
Registered Member
Regular

I dont. IMO black on black dont look good unless its matte or 3 shades lighter than the car. White rims only look good on white cars or non black cars. To me it looks very tacky, but that s my opinion.

A good alloy, machined, chrome(sometimes), silver, polished look,good on black.
Old 07-03-2012, 04:29 PM   #19
The Blue Dragon
Regular
Supporter

Region: Kentucky
Quote:
Originally Posted by beccabau2012
does anyone else thinks this looks good?
Actually I do kinda like it, I think a black car is really the only color that can pull off white wheels

AUGUST 2012 MOTM!!!!
GrabberBlue5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2012, 04:44 PM   #20
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrabberBlue5.0

Actually I do kinda like it, I think a black car is really the only color that can pull off white wheels
I've seen it on other cars black is deft best and the very first time I saw it I was iffy bout it but the more I see it the more I love it. and if I had a black mustang I would do something like this
Old 07-03-2012, 04:47 PM   #21
The Blue Dragon
Regular
Supporter

If I had a black mustang it would probably be murdered out lol. You do have a good looking new edge btw

AUGUST 2012 MOTM!!!!
Old 07-03-2012, 04:51 PM   #22
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
If I had a black mustang it would probably be murdered out lol. You do have a good looking new edge btw
see I hate all black. too me everything just blends in. you want your car to catch people's eyes. put some nice wheels anything but black haha. keep your red tail lights and don't tint headlights either. make that stang pop out. and thank you I appreciate it.
Old 07-03-2012, 04:56 PM   #23
Registered Member
Regular

Name:	image-2338020314.jpg
Views:	4053
Size:	92.8 KB
ID:	57442

not on a black mustang but white wheels look great
Old 07-03-2012, 09:12 PM   #24
The Blue Dragon
Regular
Supporter

Quote:

see I hate all black. too me everything just blends in. you want your car to catch people's eyes. put some nice wheels anything but black haha. keep your red tail lights and don't tint headlights either. make that stang pop out. and thank you I appreciate it.
While I disagree with your view on blacking out, it's refreshing to see someone that has their own style and does not go with what's cool or what everyone else has. I'm really beginning to appreciate your tastes

AUGUST 2012 MOTM!!!!
Old 07-03-2012, 09:22 PM   #25
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

While I disagree with your view on blacking out, it's refreshing to see someone that has their own style and does not go with what's cool or what everyone else has. I'm really beginning to appreciate your tastes
thanks lol
Old 07-03-2012, 10:39 PM   #26
Registered Member
Regular

Region: North Carolina

So any good pics of 11,12 or 13's with painted brembo,s or powder coated? Whats everybody doing for a templent to put back the brembo to factory brembo design/lettering?
2012 Prem. w/ GB insert stripe/stitch , M6,Brembo, 3.73,Stock Air-Box,93-R Tune,Borla Catback w/ X-Pipe,FRPP-"K" Springs,BMR PH Bar,BMR Upper support brace,BMR Reloc. Brackets,CHE Lca's, Koni Struts/Shocks, Jlt cc,Saleen grill, Hydrocarbon Center console/stereo surround,Formula One Tint, MGW w/ speedawg ball match seat inserts,SOS Dual Aeroforce Guages,MT82 Amsoil MTF.METCO Uca/Ucm, Shaftmasters DS
back n a stang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2012, 10:45 AM   #27
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by back n a stang View Post
So any good pics of 11,12 or 13's with painted brembo,s or powder coated? Whats everybody doing for a templent to put back the brembo to factory brembo design/leteering?
Painted:

and the website for the brembo stencil, I used the 2 inch probably should have gone with the 3 inch.

Brembo Stencil

another thread with my pics of the calipers.

I'm in love: FRHP, MGW, Calipers, and More

I had the calipers removed when I installed the FRHP...unfortunately the brake fluid would not stop leaking and the party that painted the calipers did not break them down further to try to stop it. I didn't want them to either more money i would have had to spend. But it isn't very noticeable and most of it is on the back side. All and all I'm happy with the way it turned out. It is the same color as all the yellow accents.
Old 07-04-2012, 11:39 AM   #28
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by avengnd

Painted:

and the website for the brembo stencil, I used the 2 inch probably should have gone with the 3 inch.

Brembo Stencil

I had the calipers removed when I installed the FRHP...unfortunately the brake fluid would not stop leaking and the party that painted the calipers did not break them down further to try to stop it. I didn't want them to either more money i would have had to spend. But it isn't very noticeable and most of it is on the back side. All and all I'm happy with the way it turned out. It is the same color as all the yellow accents.
nice! I was gonna almost do the same as you car with painting the rims yellow and the side panels yellow. Still dont like black on,black rims. But sick car!
Old 07-04-2012, 11:47 AM   #29
Road Trip!

Quote:

obviously this isn't a mustang but gives you an idea. I hate black on black because everything just blends in. with this the wheels pop and bring life back to your car
On that car don't look bad. But on a mustang I think not.
wnt2gofst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2012, 01:55 PM   #30
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Merben50

nice! I was gonna almost do the same as you car with painting the rims yellow and the side panels yellow. Still dont like black on,black rims. But sick car!
Thanks.
Old 07-04-2012, 02:15 PM   #31
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by avengnd

Painted:

Brembo Stencil

Are your brembo wheels powder coated a semi gloss? And I'm guessing you had to buy 2 new rear brembo calipers. I like the look of the yellow contrast with the black on black. I think I might do my calipers orange or red.
Old 07-04-2012, 02:39 PM   #32
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by avengnd View Post
Painted:

Brembo Stencil

Thanks my man! Your car looks good and for sure like no other with the color touch of yellow just right.I use to have a old stang that was Black and Gold.A Pretty gold.
Anyway,I appreciate the Brembo link.I will try the 3 inch stencil.I have the premium Car as you may see in my pic's and wanting to take the leap of doing blue.I have the blue racing stripe in my seat which was the OEM package I wanted.Blue is my only option IMO or just Black out.I could do some flat black but I want to take this shot a the blue.Wish I could photo shop.I want to do the calipers blue and stencil the Brembo black.I would do the 5.0 blue and the Dot in Factory black.I already plasti-dipped the "ford" area of my trunk badge.Would do the "GT" in blue.Already Got the blue going under the hood too.Just need to do maybe something else blue Exterior wise.Wish I knew for sure what it would look like first though.
2012 Prem. w/ GB insert stripe/stitch , M6,Brembo, 3.73,Stock Air-Box,93-R Tune,Borla Catback w/ X-Pipe,FRPP-"K" Springs,BMR PH Bar,BMR Upper support brace,BMR Reloc. Brackets,CHE Lca's, Koni Struts/Shocks, Jlt cc,Saleen grill, Hydrocarbon Center console/stereo surround,Formula One Tint, MGW w/ speedawg ball match seat inserts,SOS Dual Aeroforce Guages,MT82 Amsoil MTF.METCO Uca/Ucm, Shaftmasters DS
Old 07-04-2012, 02:56 PM   #33
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Thanks my man! Your car looks good and for sure like no other with the color touch of yellow just right.I use to have a old stang that was Black and Gold.A Pretty gold.
Anyway,I appreciate the Brembo link.I will try the 3 inch stencil.I have the premium Car as you may see in my pic's and wanting to take the leap of doing blue.I have the blue racing stripe in my seat which was the OEM package I wanted.Blue is my only option IMO or just Black out.I could do some flat black but I want to take this shot a the blue.Wish I could photo shop.I want to do the calipers blue and stencil the Brembo black.I would do the 5.0 blue and the Dot in Factory black.I already plasti-dipped the "ford" area of my trunk badge.Would do the "GT" in blue.Already Got the blue going under the hood too.Just need to do maybe something else blue Exterior wise.Wish I knew for sure what it would look like first though.

Thanks...I think you should go for it, for sure it is something no one has done and it would look really good, all that blue just right on the outside. My only thing is try to keep all the blue the same color. I used the MGP caliper covers on the rear. As for the 3 inch, it is up to you, I think in comparison with the standard 3 inch might be better. The 2 inch seemed just a little smaller than the standard brembo...Good luck and can't wait to see the pics.
Old 07-04-2012, 03:04 PM   #34
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by avengnd View Post
Thanks...I think you should go for it, for sure it is something no one has done and it would look really good, all that blue just right on the outside. My only thing is try to keep all the blue the same color. I used the MGP caliper covers on the rear. As for the 3 inch, it is up to you, I think in comparison with the standard 3 inch might be better. The 2 inch seemed just a little smaller than the standard brembo...Good luck and can't wait to see the pics.
Oh for sure!! 100% sure to keep all the blues the same.That would be the ONLY way to make it look right.So, in you opinion the 3'' stencil will fit and look a little better? Also, I could buy the MGP for the rear and paint the my blue.......Is that what you did? Use your yellow on a DIY rear covers?
Old 07-04-2012, 03:29 PM   #35
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Oh for sure!! 100% sure to keep all the blues the same.That would be the ONLY way to make it look right.So, in you opinion the 3'' stencil will fit and look a little better? Also, I could buy the MGP for the rear and paint the my blue.......Is that what you did? Use your yellow on a DIY rear covers?
Cool, the only way to go IMO. As for the stencil that is just my opinion, you can see how small it is in the picture. Measure the length of the brembo logo that is on there now, that is probably what I should have done, but I just went with the 2 inch. Thought that would be close. It is up to you. I'm sure you could do that with the caliper covers for the rear. At the time I wasn't in the painting mode, so I just paid the extra to have them do it, and of course the logo and dots on the caliper covers they did as well.

My thought was if I could get the part prepainted that was less I had to deal with. It takes some time to paint your own stuff...

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT