Datalogged...FINALLY! - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT



Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 07-02-2012, 04:54 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular
 
back n a stang's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Region: North Carolina
Posts: 903
Datalogged...FINALLY!

I finally got a laptop that would do datalogging.All my other laptops would not "detect device". I followed all the instructions and selected all the PID's Bama recommends. I sent it in attached to a email and just waiting for Bama's reply. Those guys have been good and helpful on the phone walking me thru it all.Thanks Bama! The tune is a 93 race tune with JLT CAI and UPR off road X-pipe to Borla Stingers.See how this goes, then I will go back to the lift and put on my BMR Lca's that I have been waiting to do forever.
I got some appearance stuff on the way,but really wanting to buy these "race star" 15's with M/T drag radials on them from a guy close by.I want to go make a pass bad with this car,but I do not want to go half *** prepared. The MGW is for sure the next purchase! It's been crazy hot lately so I am patient on the track night.September/october is my target to be ready.
__________________
2012 Prem. w/ GB insert stripe/stitch , M6,Brembo, 3.73,Stock Air-Box,93-R Tune,Borla Catback w/ X-Pipe,FRPP-"K" Springs,BMR PH Bar,BMR Upper support brace,BMR Reloc. Brackets,CHE Lca's, Koni Struts/Shocks, Jlt cc,Saleen grill, Hydrocarbon Center console/stereo surround,Formula One Tint, MGW w/ speedawg ball match seat inserts,SOS Dual Aeroforce Guages,MT82 Amsoil MTF.METCO Uca/Ucm, Shaftmasters DS
back n a stang is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 07-02-2012, 05:22 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular
 
DWC_SmOziLLa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Lancaster
Region: Pennsylvania
Posts: 1,791
Good news. Congrats. I was looking at the "race stars" also. Until i seen a set inperson. Very cheaply made, horrible finish. Not worth taking the cheap way out on a set of nice wheels for racing. Just my 2cents.
__________________
Best 1/4: 1.90 60ft. - 12.15 @ 119mph on Street Tires.
460.25rwhp & 408.28rwtq SAE on a Dynojet 224xLC
Tuned by Matt Lepkowski, owner and operator a Performance Evolution in Smyrna, DE.
DWC_SmOziLLa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2012, 05:45 PM   #3
Road Trip!
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Region: Texas
Posts: 3,606
I don't mind my RA e stars at all. I have the direct drills. Got rims and tires for 1400. Weld rts wheels was going to be 1300 just for rims then another 700 for tires. I run 15's all way around.
wnt2gofst is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 07-02-2012, 06:56 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular
 
DWC_SmOziLLa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Lancaster
Region: Pennsylvania
Posts: 1,791
It may have just been the set i seen. The 15s fit in the front? Or did you switch your front brakes out?
__________________
Best 1/4: 1.90 60ft. - 12.15 @ 119mph on Street Tires.
460.25rwhp & 408.28rwtq SAE on a Dynojet 224xLC
Tuned by Matt Lepkowski, owner and operator a Performance Evolution in Smyrna, DE.
DWC_SmOziLLa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2012, 08:36 PM   #5
Road Trip!
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Region: Texas
Posts: 3,606
Quote:
Originally Posted by DWC_SmOziLLa
It may have just been the set i seen. The 15s fit in the front? Or did you switch your front brakes out?
I have 2010 rotors and bracket. Caliper is same. That only way 15's fit in front. If don't swap brakes only 17's fit.
wnt2gofst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2012, 09:00 PM   #6
Registered Member
Regular
 
DWC_SmOziLLa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Lancaster
Region: Pennsylvania
Posts: 1,791
Quote:
Originally Posted by wnt2gofst

I have 2010 rotors and bracket. Caliper is same. That only way 15's fit in front. If don't swap brakes only 17's fit.
Thats what i thought. I thought about doing that because there is about a dozen 15" skinnies floating around that i could use anytime i want. I my friend got some 305 DRs on 15s im probably going to get off him. Just worried about braking performance when i have my street tires on and want to hit the twistes.
__________________
Best 1/4: 1.90 60ft. - 12.15 @ 119mph on Street Tires.
460.25rwhp & 408.28rwtq SAE on a Dynojet 224xLC
Tuned by Matt Lepkowski, owner and operator a Performance Evolution in Smyrna, DE.
DWC_SmOziLLa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2012, 11:37 PM   #7
Road Trip!
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Region: Texas
Posts: 3,606
No change in braking that I noticed.
wnt2gofst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2012, 09:20 AM   #8
AmericanMuscle.com
Sponsor
 
AMDanBailer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Region: Pennsylvania
Posts: 2,878
Re: Datalogged...FINALLY!

Quote:
Originally Posted by back n a stang View Post
I finally got a laptop that would do datalogging.All my other laptops would not "detect device". I followed all the instructions and selected all the PID's Bama recommends. I sent it in attached to a email and just waiting for Bama's reply. Those guys have been good and helpful on the phone walking me thru it all.Thanks Bama! The tune is a 93 race tune with JLT CAI and UPR off road X-pipe to Borla Stingers.See how this goes, then I will go back to the lift and put on my BMR Lca's that I have been waiting to do forever.
I got some appearance stuff on the way,but really wanting to buy these "race star" 15's with M/T drag radials on them from a guy close by.I want to go make a pass bad with this car,but I do not want to go half *** prepared. The MGW is for sure the next purchase! It's been crazy hot lately so I am patient on the track night.September/october is my target to be ready.

back n a stang,

Thank you for sending us over your data log! I am glad to see that Bama is working on this with you & thanks for the compliments!

Let me know if you don't hear from bama by this afternoon & I will have one of my best guys contact you directly!

- Dan
__________________
Dan Bailer | AmericanMuscle.com
Toll Free: 866.727.1266| Mon-Fri 9AM-9PM Sat 10AM-4PM EST
Bama Direct: 888.226.9764| Mon-Fri 9AM-5:30PM EST
FREE SAME-DAY SHIPPING IN THE US-48 AND PRICE MATCHING!
AMDanBailer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2012, 09:45 AM   #9
Moderator Emeritus
Legacy
Regular
 
SpectorV's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Region: Alabama
Posts: 26,049
Send a message via AIM to SpectorV
Re: Datalogged...FINALLY!

sounds good, no matter the tune its always good to data log and just see if anything needs changing and all is good
__________________
2003 Cobra Vert (Redfire) #3938 of 5082 @ 05/27/2003
472rwhp/493rwtq -Modification List - Dyno Sheet
2012 Mustang 3.7L M6 (Kona Blue)
2011 Ford Edge Sport (Red Metallic)
SpectorV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2012, 06:59 PM   #10
Registered Member
Regular
 
back n a stang's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Region: North Carolina
Posts: 903
Re: Datalogged...FINALLY!

Dan,
Sent you a PM.Thanks again!
__________________
2012 Prem. w/ GB insert stripe/stitch , M6,Brembo, 3.73,Stock Air-Box,93-R Tune,Borla Catback w/ X-Pipe,FRPP-"K" Springs,BMR PH Bar,BMR Upper support brace,BMR Reloc. Brackets,CHE Lca's, Koni Struts/Shocks, Jlt cc,Saleen grill, Hydrocarbon Center console/stereo surround,Formula One Tint, MGW w/ speedawg ball match seat inserts,SOS Dual Aeroforce Guages,MT82 Amsoil MTF.METCO Uca/Ucm, Shaftmasters DS
back n a stang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2012, 08:39 AM   #11
Registered Member
Regular
 
back n a stang's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Region: North Carolina
Posts: 903
Re: Datalogged...FINALLY!

Quote:
Originally Posted by AMDanBailer View Post
back n a stang,

Thank you for sending us over your data log! I am glad to see that Bama is working on this with you & thanks for the compliments!

Let me know if you don't hear from bama by this afternoon & I will have one of my best guys contact you directly!

- Dan
Dan,
Hey man! Hows the morning going? Hope all is good that way. I'm just wanting to know if you fellows are open today?? If so does that mean Bama is too? All of y'all under the same roof and business-right? I am waiting for somebody to get with me from Bama. Maybe I could try to do a better datalog. The ones I done were not the best pulls on the "WOT" . They were short b/c of the road I was using. I think I may have made it to 6700 on one but they were just 1st and 2nd gear and just short burst. I could try again on a better road and at least get to 3rd. Maybe 4th. It's over 100 degrees here again today. Was like that last week too. Not the best weather to be out doing this but anyway see what you can find out for me man........ thanks,Jeff
__________________
2012 Prem. w/ GB insert stripe/stitch , M6,Brembo, 3.73,Stock Air-Box,93-R Tune,Borla Catback w/ X-Pipe,FRPP-"K" Springs,BMR PH Bar,BMR Upper support brace,BMR Reloc. Brackets,CHE Lca's, Koni Struts/Shocks, Jlt cc,Saleen grill, Hydrocarbon Center console/stereo surround,Formula One Tint, MGW w/ speedawg ball match seat inserts,SOS Dual Aeroforce Guages,MT82 Amsoil MTF.METCO Uca/Ucm, Shaftmasters DS
back n a stang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2012, 12:10 PM   #12
AmericanMuscle.com
Sponsor
 
AMDanBailer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Region: Pennsylvania
Posts: 2,878
Re: Datalogged...FINALLY!

Quote:
Originally Posted by back n a stang View Post
Dan,
Hey man! Hows the morning going? Hope all is good that way. I'm just wanting to know if you fellows are open today?? If so does that mean Bama is too? All of y'all under the same roof and business-right? I am waiting for somebody to get with me from Bama. Maybe I could try to do a better datalog. The ones I done were not the best pulls on the "WOT" . They were short b/c of the road I was using. I think I may have made it to 6700 on one but they were just 1st and 2nd gear and just short burst. I could try again on a better road and at least get to 3rd. Maybe 4th. It's over 100 degrees here again today. Was like that last week too. Not the best weather to be out doing this but anyway see what you can find out for me man........ thanks,Jeff
Back n a stang,

Hey Jeff, I hope you had a good Holiday!

Yes When American Muscle is open Bama is open, our tuning department runs out of the same facility!

I apologize for the delay on this process, we were out of the office for the 4th!

I have sent over your information to my Bama team & they are on it now. I will make sure that you hear from one of my Bama tuning specialist this afternoon! The datalogs you sent over should give us enough information, if they don't we can work together to get another one sent over.

- Dan
__________________
Dan Bailer | AmericanMuscle.com
Toll Free: 866.727.1266| Mon-Fri 9AM-9PM Sat 10AM-4PM EST
Bama Direct: 888.226.9764| Mon-Fri 9AM-5:30PM EST
FREE SAME-DAY SHIPPING IN THE US-48 AND PRICE MATCHING!
AMDanBailer is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


» Like Us On Facebook



08:43 PM


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0

MustangEvolution.com is in no way associated with or endorsed by Ford Motor Company.