Will my neighbors hate me? - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 07-02-2012, 09:50 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
Will my neighbors hate me?

I've been debating wether to do the muffler delete on my 2012 GT. I live in an apt complex and I leave for work at 4:30 am Monday- Friday. I like to be considerate of my neighbors and I haven't gauged in person how loud it would be at start up every morning. I have no problems with anyone of them and don't want to start having any. Right now the muffler delete is the cheapest solution I found to making it louder because I eventually want to install a whole catback system. What do u guys think?
GCR5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-02-2012, 09:55 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Pennsylvania
Quote:
Originally Posted by GCR5.0
I've been debating wether to do the muffler delete on my 2012 GT. I live in an apt complex and I leave for work at 4:30 am Monday- Friday. I like to be considerate of my neighbors and I haven't gauged in person how loud it would be at start up every morning. I have no problems with anyone of them and don't want to start having any. Right now the muffler delete is the cheapest solution I found to making it louder because I eventually want to install a whole catback system. What do u guys think?
Yeah theyll prob hate u haha. Im sure if this is ur daily driver it will annoy them eventually. A simple borla or roush axleback is going to make it loud too
Edens5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2012, 09:57 PM   #3
Staff
Blogger
Staff

Region: Georgia
Send a message via Skype™ to 99ford
Quote:
Originally Posted by Edens5

Yeah theyll prob hate u haha. Im sure if this is ur daily driver it will annoy them eventually. A simple borla or roush axleback is going to make it loud too
I agree I personally don't think they sound great without some sort of exhaust system.
Advertisement

Old 07-02-2012, 09:58 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Mississippi
I've got custom muffler deletes on mine. It sounds beast. It is somewhat loud. But my neighbors complement me on how good my car sounds. Of you're worried about it being too loud on a cold start just give it a quick blip of the throttle and it'll idle down and be a little quieter. I actually had a guy ask me at a light today what kind of exhaust I had. He said it sounded mean.
NuckChorris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2012, 10:01 PM   #5
Staff
Blogger
Staff

Region: Georgia
Send a message via Skype™ to 99ford
Quote:
Originally Posted by NuckChorris
I've got custom muffler deletes on mine. It sounds beast. It is somewhat loud. But my neighbors complement me on how good my car sounds. Of you're worried about it being too loud on a cold start just give it a quick blip of the throttle and it'll idle down and be a little quieter. I actually had a guy ask me at a light today what kind of exhaust I had. He said it sounded mean.
True. You can always try it.
Old 07-02-2012, 10:07 PM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Mississippi
Quote:
Originally Posted by 99ford

True. You can always try it.
And for 60 bucks a side it's too cheap to not try. Lol. I was originally planning to go back later with some sort of muffler but after hearing the deletes there's no way I could. I think deletes sound better on these cars than any previous mustangs. The only way I would go with mufflers is if I did an offload x pipe.
NuckChorris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2012, 10:16 PM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California
I built my muffler delete for less then 20$. I love the sound.
Gibby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2012, 10:24 PM   #8
It's not me, it's you.
Regular
Supporter

You could also back into your parking space every night so when you fire it up in the morning you can just pull away without going through the motions of backing out and pulling around.
primer2tone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2012, 10:29 PM   #9
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Canada
Re: Will my neighbors hate me?

The fact you're asking means you already know the answer to this question. If loud pipes save lives, they might not save yours....

4:30 am, really? Really? Prepare for the old potato trick....
5LHO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2012, 11:00 PM   #10
Registered Member
Regular

Lol i store my stang during the winter in a underground parking garage in my buddies apartment building and i have the roush axle back cans on it... He lives on the second floor and he honestly told me when i start it he can hear the echo... I dont think ots loud like your turning it on in his apartment but he said u can here it pretty good lol
GE3G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2012, 11:03 AM   #11
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Arizona

If you only care what it sounds like to you on the inside, remove one of the sound foam plugs in the sound tube. After watching the video below, don't bother removing the bolt, just wiggle out the tube going into the firewall and use a needle nose pliers to remove the foam plug. Take the car for a ride and see if you like what you hear. If you want it even louder, remove both as per the video.

Old 07-04-2012, 04:31 PM   #12
Registered Member
Regular

Electric cutouts right before each muffler. Let the idle drop with them closed, leave the complex, hit the button. Problem solved and then you can always make it stealth when you want
Old 07-04-2012, 05:11 PM   #13
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Florida

get the Boss side exhoust kit with electric cut out's
Lugnut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2012, 05:30 PM   #14
It's not me, it's you.
Regular
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by ccorlet
If you only care what it sounds like to you on the inside, remove one of the sound foam plugs in the sound tube. After watching the video below, don't bother removing the bolt, just wiggle out the tube going into the firewall and use a needle nose pliers to remove the foam plug. Take the car for a ride and see if you like what you hear. If you want it even louder, remove both as per the video.

Ford was so gay for putting that stupid sound tube on the GT. I deleted mine as soon as I realized what it was. Lol
Old 07-04-2012, 05:51 PM   #15
Registered Member
Regular

Region: North Carolina
Ford was so gay for putting that stupid sound tube on the GT. I deleted mine as soon as I realized what it was. Lol[/QUOTE]

Did you remove the foam or the whole tube itself?
Uscgfs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2012, 05:53 PM   #16
It's not me, it's you.
Regular
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uscgfs
Did you remove the foam or the whole tube itself?
The whole kit n koboodle! I got a universal plug for the firewall and a rubber boot and clamp on the intake.Click image for larger version

Name:	image-3955911116.jpg
Views:	186
Size:	522.7 KB
ID:	57591
Old 07-06-2012, 03:30 PM   #17
Registered Member
Regular

My intake was meant to delete the tube but I kept it and removed the foam and the diaphragm. The sound of the supercharger on the inside now is awesome.
Gibby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2012, 04:00 PM   #18
Registered Member
Regular

I like the sound tube. I'm not exactly flying an stealth fighter here with my Red Candy 5.0 but, anything I can do to draw less attention from the cops while still enjoying the auditory sensations of a big V8 is allright with me. I found having both foams out sounded like *** but leaving the firewall one in and the other one out is a nice compromise.
5LHO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2012, 04:09 PM   #19
AmericanMuscle.com
Sponsor

Region: Pennsylvania

Quote:
Originally Posted by GCR5.0 View Post

GCR5.0,

I do not think it will be to bad. It really depends on what your plans on for the car, if you plan on doing Long tube headers & A catless midpipe with the muffler deletes, then its going to be REALLY loud. However if you just do the muffler deletes your neighbors won't hate you to much LOL!

You might want to look into one of the mid muffler kits to, they sound very good! We have the pypes mid muffler kit on our 12' GT project black out & it sounds sick!

I hope this helps a bit! If you need further assistance Our Mustang Experts are here Monday-Friday from 9AM-9PM EST and Saturdays from 9AM-5:30PM EST. If you want to hit them up, their number is 866.727.1266. I can also have one of them call you directly.

- Dan
Bama Direct: 888.226.9764| Mon-Fri 9AM-5:30PM EST
FREE SAME-DAY SHIPPING IN THE US-48 AND PRICE MATCHING!
AMDanBailer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2012, 07:19 PM   #20
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Florida

I removed both plugs reinstalled the firewall plug sound's great
Lugnut is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT