2011 Mustang GT. Suspension Upgrade. - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 07-03-2012, 04:28 PM   #1

Region: Florida
2011 Mustang GT. Suspension Upgrade.

Hi everyone, I just want to ask those who have experimented with aftermarket suspension mods for the 2011 -2012 mustang GT suspension

I want my mustang to handle well on the track, what will give me better handling

Upgrading my springs and coils to a coil over system? ($1200)

Or upgrading the whole suspension with a ford racing suspension kit? ($1700) adjustable.

If there are any other suspension kits that i should look into please let me know.

Or if there is a particular brand of coil overs that i should look for please let me know.

I'm looking for best bang for the buck!.

thanks everyone
TimeMachine is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-03-2012, 04:30 PM   #2
The Blue Dragon
Regular
Supporter

Region: Kentucky
There are actually LoTS of options. Are you looking for strictly track duty or is it a dd as well?

AUGUST 2012 MOTM!!!!
GrabberBlue5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2012, 04:34 PM   #3

Re: 2011 Mustang GT. Suspension Upgrade.

Personally i like that track days. But i would like something that would be great all around. but mainly for. I dont know what will do me better for the price. just upgrade to coil over. or get a ford racing suspension kit.

the ford racing suspension kit comes with springs, sway bars, shocks, and a bunch of other things
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-03-2012, 04:39 PM   #4
The Blue Dragon
Regular
Supporter

Region: Kentucky
From my understanding coilovers give that stereotypically harsh ride, I would get a full suspension upgrade kit and while FRPP is good you could also look at eibach, BMR, and a handful of others

AUGUST 2012 MOTM!!!!
GrabberBlue5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2012, 04:44 PM   #5

Yea i want to know what are the advantages between them both, since they are similar in price. I guess the FRPP is good. pretty much anything i put on would be better then the stock suspension. I just had my car in the track last weekend and it performed pretty well with the stock suspension, however i felt the car a little soft on the turns. so i'm looking to beef it up a little.
Old 07-04-2012, 11:12 AM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Wisconsin

I have Eibach ProKit Springs (lowers the front 1"- rear 1-1/2"), Eibach ProDamper struts, Eibach adjustable sway bars, Maximum Motorsports Camber/Caster plates, UPR adjustable panhard bar, BMR LCA's and strut tower brace on my 2011 M6 GT. With 275/35 and 315/35-20 Nitto Invos this thing absolutely corners like it is on rails. My car is not my daily driver, but could be (the fricking loud exhaust would probably make me crazy though), it's a weekend toy but in fact, I will be driving it from Milwaukee to Myrtle Beach for Mustang week later this month. I may never "track" the car, but it is set up so I can, and every twisty road in this part of the state is subject to my strafing runs.
My point here is, Eibach stuff is really good, and I am not sure I would have my mind set on FRPP stuff without really investigating.
2011 GT M6 Premium- Mechanical upgrades include: Boss 302 Intake, JLT CAI, JPC LT Headers, Off Road X Pipe, and mufflers, 410 Gears, Granatelli Hot Street Coil Packs, 93 Octane Ghost Cam Tune by Jon Lund,Eibach ProKit Springs,shocks, struts and sway bars, BMR LCA's, Strut Tower Brace, and adjustable Panhard Bar, Maximum Motorsports Camber/Caster Plates, Barton Shortshifter and bracket, Wilwood Superlight Brakes w/6 and 4 piston calipers, Steeda Spyders- 9-1/2X20 with 275/35 and 11X20 with 315/35 Nitto Invos.
bellski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2012, 11:33 AM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Illinois
Ok does it void warranty?
Merben50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2012, 11:57 AM   #8
It's not me, it's you.
Regular
Supporter

Region: Texas
Yes. Any suspension work will void the warranty on your suspension. The rest of the drivetrain will still be covered.
primer2tone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2012, 12:05 PM   #9
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California
I'm running a full eibach pro kit set up myself. Amazing! Springs struts shocks sway bars panhard rod LCAs everything. I have been doing local autocross and running the same times as my dad in his 09 m3. Only mods bring suspension invo tires and a tune. Pretty damn good handling for a stang.
Delta vt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2012, 02:49 PM   #10
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California
I have the Eibach Pro Plus kit (1 inch lowering spings with front/rear anti roll bars). Works like a charm...decent ride, firmer ride, but not harsh and eliminated the silly huge wheel to fender issue. Did not require camber/caster plates, either!
2011 mustang gt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2012, 11:47 AM   #11
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Arizona

I did the Ford Racing M-FR3-MGTAA handling pack. Have dragged it but first time to a real track Inde Motorsports Ranch will be July 10. Will let you know how it performs. It's a pretty stiff ride even when it's adjusted for street vs. track. I had my Ford dealer install it so I hope the warranty is there. If you Google M-FR3-MGTAA or M-FR3-MGTA, you will find lots of feedback from people that have purchased it, for example, on AmericanMuscle.

Is your name of TimeMachine referring to going fast in your car or the Rush Tour called Time Machine?
Old 07-06-2012, 03:24 AM   #12

TimeMachine is for all mustangs. They looked cool in 1967 in 2004, Today still Bad ***!!

These cars are capable of super performance, I think they can take on pretty much any racing production car in the market.

Ferrari are 250K.
Grab your mustang and spend only half of what a ferrari is worth or less.

Say Spend 100K in mods in suspension, wings, breaks, engine. and then line it up with the ferrari!! lol

Can't Mess around!!!. American Cars are getting better and better. I thin they have some of the strongest and best mechanics.

anyways. I think i'm going to get the Ford racing Adjustable suspension package installed by the ford dealer

Let me know how it goes in the track. I'll wait for your review before i get it.
Old 07-06-2012, 03:42 AM   #13
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Arizona
Thumbs up Re: 2011 Mustang GT. Suspension Upgrade.

Will do.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT

Tags
2011 mustang