cam tune - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT



Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 07-06-2012, 11:03 AM   #1
Registered Member
Regular
 
Supertzi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Region: Texas
Posts: 111
cam tune

Does any one know who offers a cam tune besides lethal and steeda?
Supertzi is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 07-06-2012, 11:16 AM   #2
Road Trip!
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Region: Texas
Posts: 3,606
Shaun at aed
wnt2gofst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2012, 11:19 AM   #3
Registered Member
Regular
 
Supertzi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Region: Texas
Posts: 111
How could i talk to him or order it?
Supertzi is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 07-06-2012, 03:08 PM   #4
Road Trip!
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Region: Texas
Posts: 3,606
http://www.advancedenginedevelopment.com/contactus.html


Call Shaun.

---------- Post added at 03:08 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:06 PM ----------

Or here


http://www.modularfords.com/25807-93pony/
wnt2gofst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2012, 04:01 PM   #5
AmericanMuscle.com
Sponsor
 
AMDanBailer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Region: Pennsylvania
Posts: 2,878
Re: cam tune

Quote:
Originally Posted by Supertzi View Post
Does any one know who offers a cam tune besides lethal and steeda?
Supertzi,

We can defiantly can you set up with a cam tune. We have the ability to make them however we don't do it with every tune.

If you would like to get more information on what we can offer you, Our Bama Performance tuning specialists are here in the building Monday-Friday from 9AM-5:30PM EST and Saturday 10AM-3PM EST. You can hit them up directly at 888.226.9764 and they'll get you squared away!

- Dan
__________________
Dan Bailer | AmericanMuscle.com
Toll Free: 866.727.1266| Mon-Fri 9AM-9PM Sat 10AM-4PM EST
Bama Direct: 888.226.9764| Mon-Fri 9AM-5:30PM EST
FREE SAME-DAY SHIPPING IN THE US-48 AND PRICE MATCHING!
AMDanBailer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2012, 06:01 PM   #6
Registered Member
Regular
 
Mweigt07's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Region: North Dakota
Posts: 322
So bama does the cam tune?
Mweigt07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2012, 06:07 PM   #7
Registered Member
Regular
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Region: Virginia
Posts: 453
Re: cam tune

Sounds like he's saying they can incorporate that into a tune.
mmike87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2012, 10:57 PM   #8
Road Trip!
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Region: Texas
Posts: 3,606
I just laughed out loud...now Bama does cam tunes...lol
wnt2gofst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2012, 01:53 AM   #9
Road Trip!
 
Join Date: May 2012
Region: Canada
Posts: 389
Quote:
Originally Posted by wnt2gofst
I just laughed out loud...now Bama does cam tunes...lol
They have had the ability to make a cammed tune same time everyone else did. Not hard to make a cammed profile on a tune your already writing.
2011gt85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2012, 09:37 AM   #10
Registered Member
Regular
 
Reinkey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Region: Texas
Posts: 63
I just got off the phone with Bama and the guy I spoke with said that yet are still working on r&d and I would be another month.

What's up with that?
Reinkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2012, 10:20 AM   #11
Road Trip!
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Region: Texas
Posts: 3,606
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2011gt85

They have had the ability to make a cammed tune same time everyone else did. Not hard to make a cammed profile on a tune your already writing.
No they tried and failed already. Never got cars to run right with. So again you are wrong.

---------- Post added at 10:20 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:19 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reinkey
I just got off the phone with Bama and the guy I spoke with said that yet are still working on r&d and I would be another month.

What's up with that?
LOL..but they post can do it right now, they did it since everyone...see some people know Jack.
wnt2gofst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2012, 11:58 AM   #12
Registered Member
Regular
 
Yellow50's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Region: New York
Posts: 449
Kind of off topic but my tuned gt's idle changed after a week of not driving it. It sounds like it has mild cams. Nothing like a cam tune but you can deffinately hear a difference. Any ideas what's going on?
Yellow50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2012, 12:24 PM   #13
Road Trip!
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Region: Texas
Posts: 3,606
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yellow50
Kind of off topic but my tuned gt's idle changed after a week of not driving it. It sounds like it has mild cams. Nothing like a cam tune but you can deffinately hear a difference. Any ideas what's going on?
Some tunes have the idle surge. Its a mess up in the tune. Tell your tuner to.fix it.
wnt2gofst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2012, 02:02 PM   #14
Registered Member
Regular
 
Yellow50's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Region: New York
Posts: 449
Quote:
Originally Posted by wnt2gofst

Some tunes have the idle surge. Its a mess up in the tune. Tell your tuner to.fix it.
The rpm needle doesn't bounce around and it doesn't affect driveability. it just started doing this not too long ago.

I'll send them a datalog
Yellow50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2012, 12:11 PM   #15
AmericanMuscle.com
Sponsor
 
AMChrisRose's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Region: Pennsylvania
Posts: 93
Re: cam tune

Quote:
Originally Posted by wnt2gofst View Post
No they tried and failed already. Never got cars to run right with. So again you are wrong.
We actually have never offered it, period. We still don't publicly offer it. It's because we were never happy with the tune and found it to be a novelty that added no power and required off-road X-pipe, manual trans, etc. It seemed more hassle than it was worth. We want to stick with tunes that make power and have a reason, not just offer anything under the sun. So we never failed at it, because we never made it public.

We still don't officially offer it, but what AMDanBailer was getting at in his post above was that if you call and speak directly to Mike Wilson, he'll do one up for you. It will have great driveability, and we've been using it on Project Blackout for months, maybe even a year?

There's nothing special about what's done to make it work. Everyone makes a bigger deal about it, says it's more complicated than it really is.

EDIT: Mike Wilson is on vacation this week. I forgot. Call him next week and he'll hook you up!
__________________
Chris Rose | AmericanMuscle.com
Toll Free: 866.727.1266 | Mon-Fri 9AM-9PM Sat 10AM-4PM EST
Bama Direct: 888.226.9764 | Mon-Fri 9AM-5:30PM EST
Need Help? PM AMAlexLazarus for immediate assistance!
AMChrisRose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2012, 12:18 PM   #16
Registered Member
Regular
 
Mweigt07's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Region: North Dakota
Posts: 322
^ Like...
Mweigt07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2012, 12:28 PM   #17
AmericanMuscle.com
Sponsor
 
AMChrisRose's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Region: Pennsylvania
Posts: 93
Re: cam tune

Sorry if that came across like a ***** slap. It was just facts!

Someone, somewhere had to say that we "tried and failed" in order for him to pick it up, so he could just be saying what he heard. Either way... I hope I've cleared things up!
__________________
Chris Rose | AmericanMuscle.com
Toll Free: 866.727.1266 | Mon-Fri 9AM-9PM Sat 10AM-4PM EST
Bama Direct: 888.226.9764 | Mon-Fri 9AM-5:30PM EST
Need Help? PM AMAlexLazarus for immediate assistance!
AMChrisRose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2012, 12:42 PM   #18
Registered Member
Regular
 
crackhutch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Region: Europe
Posts: 106
It was setting things straight...but it was a ***** slap and an awesome one at that!
crackhutch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2012, 01:27 PM   #19
Road Trip!
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Region: Texas
Posts: 3,606
Quote:
Originally Posted by amchrisrose

We actually have never offered it, period. We still don't publicly offer it. It's because we were never happy with the tune and found it to be a novelty that added no power and required off-road X-pipe, manual trans, etc. It seemed more hassle than it was worth. We want to stick with tunes that make power and have a reason, not just offer anything under the sun. So we never failed at it, because we never made it public.

We still don't officially offer it, but what AMDanBailer was getting at in his post above was that if you call and speak directly to Mike Wilson, he'll do one up for you. It will have great driveability, and we've been using it on Project Blackout for months, maybe even a year?

There's nothing special about what's done to make it work. Everyone makes a bigger deal about it, says it's more complicated than it really is.

EDIT: Mike Wilson is on vacation this week. I forgot. Call him next week and he'll hook you up!
Don't add power? Funny AED/LUNDRACING cam tune adds same power as their regular tunes. So.shows you are full of hot air.
And they didn't need a x pipe or nothing to make work.

Now if you want I can go dig up post on s197 where you guys said never got it to work therefore are not selling. And how you guys tried to copy tune files to get it to work when was trying to figure it out. Which was another huge fail.

---------- Post added at 01:08 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:05 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by amchrisrose
Sorry if that came across like a ***** slap. It was just facts!

Someone, somewhere had to say that we "tried and failed" in order for him to pick it up, so he could just be saying what he heard. Either way... I hope I've cleared things up!
Really? As said I can dig it all up if you want. How y'all was busted out. By more then a few people.

As I also said my cammed tune still ran 11.88 with nothing but tires, tune, cold air. Same as my regular tune ran. So how does it not add power?

---------- Post added at 01:16 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:08 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by 35anngt View Post
I know Bama, Lethal, Evolution performance, Livernois, and Torq? are the main ones i know of that offered them. Maybe if any of them are on this forum they can chime in? It had me sold..

Reply From Evolution

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evolution Performance View Post
Let me correct this.



The only people that were able to offer the true "Ghost Cam" Tune were Evolution Performance, Inc. and Lethal Performance because Jon Lund does the tuning for both. The other shops mentioned had a Value file from SCT but was missing some key items that need to be changed and therefore the car would stall.



Like I always say, NOT all tunes are equal, you get what you pay for, if you want a tune consisting of a base SCT Value File loaded with minial changes made because the shop has no clue what 80% of the paramters in the software does.....



Remember Evolution Performance, Inc. and Jon Lund were tuning the 2011 Mustang GT 5.0L 4V before SCT even had tuning support......




HMMM being called out by Evolution...

---------- Post added at 01:18 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:16 PM ----------

And Tes I can post more to call you out..Funny you never had one ccar posted, shown, mention that ran a cammed tune. Wonder why.

---------- Post added at 01:19 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:18 PM ----------

guy posting how he had it in the begining of 2011. Funny another Lethal tune. Which is who?

WWW.S197FORUM.COM

---------- Post added at 01:20 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:19 PM ----------

and another..

WWW.S197FORUM.COM

---------- Post added at 01:22 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:20 PM ----------

Oh wait what this. It can be done on Boosted cars also. And AED has done on a boosted car as well. But it doesn't add power. Maybe cause your a Fake and as said didn't know what you guys are doing. That is why they never listed from you guys.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evolution Performance View Post
The Official name for the tune is "Evolution Ghost Cams Tune".



We also have it running on several Boosted applications, 2011 Mustang GT 5.0L 4V Auto with Procharger Stage II @ 10PSI with the Boss Intake Manifold.



The tunes will be available for purchase shortly....


---------- Post added at 01:27 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:22 PM ----------

and funny this guy asked you if offered them and you never replied to him..woner why. It was even in your vendor section.

WWW.S197FORUM.COM
wnt2gofst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2012, 02:51 PM   #20
Registered Member
Regular
 
Yellow50's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Region: New York
Posts: 449
Quote:
Originally Posted by amchrisrose

We actually have never offered it, period. We still don't publicly offer it. It's because we were never happy with the tune and found it to be a novelty that added no power and required off-road X-pipe, manual trans, etc. It seemed more hassle than it was worth. We want to stick with tunes that make power and have a reason, not just offer anything under the sun. So we never failed at it, because we never made it public.

We still don't officially offer it, but what AMDanBailer was getting at in his post above was that if you call and speak directly to Mike Wilson, he'll do one up for you. It will have great driveability, and we've been using it on Project Blackout for months, maybe even a year?

There's nothing special about what's done to make it work. Everyone makes a bigger deal about it, says it's more complicated than it really is.

EDIT: Mike Wilson is on vacation this week. I forgot. Call him next week and he'll hook you up!
Not trying to start an argument or something but I called up after reading this asking for an unofficial cam tune directly from Mike Wilson and the operator on the phone (not going to mention name) had no idea what a cam tune was at first. He then said they do not offer cam tunes period and there is nothing he can do. He also said the ghost cam tune was going to be released soon. How soon? He had no idea. Was I confused you bet, was he confused? Probably so.
Yellow50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2012, 03:15 PM   #21
Registered Member
Regular
 
Reinkey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Region: Texas
Posts: 63
What aggravates me is 2 guys have said on this thread that you can have a crammed tune made for you by Bama. On the other hand, two different guys have called and asked about it, and one being myself, and both have been told we don't do it now but were working on it.

If you don't fine but don't say you do.
If your working on it fine let us know when your done.
If your not gonna do it that fine too.

I understand the guy that does it is on vacation. At a minimum the ppl answering the phones should know what's going on.
Reinkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2012, 03:41 PM   #22
Registered Member
Regular
 
86custom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Central Louisiana
Region: Louisiana
Posts: 221
I got mine today. Loading as I type.
__________________
2011 Gt, Mt-82, C&L cai, SSW catback
Bama can tune, gutted cats
Godspeed wheels 20x8 up front 20x10 on rear
Raxiom switchback turn signals, Black billet grill
Tinted tail lights and markers
86custom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2012, 03:42 PM   #23
Registered Member
Regular
 
Reinkey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Region: Texas
Posts: 63
From Bama?
Reinkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2012, 03:45 PM   #24
Registered Member
Regular
 
86custom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Central Louisiana
Region: Louisiana
Posts: 221
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reinkey
From Bama?
Yeah bama I'll upload a video if I can get a good sound from my phone.
__________________
2011 Gt, Mt-82, C&L cai, SSW catback
Bama can tune, gutted cats
Godspeed wheels 20x8 up front 20x10 on rear
Raxiom switchback turn signals, Black billet grill
Tinted tail lights and markers
86custom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2012, 03:48 PM   #25
Registered Member
Regular
 
Blackgtcs2012's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Region: Canada
Posts: 22
Boom!
Blackgtcs2012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2012, 03:51 PM   #26
Registered Member
Regular
 
86custom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Central Louisiana
Region: Louisiana
Posts: 221
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackgtcs2012
Boom!
Let's hope not guess I'll be the test dummie.
__________________
2011 Gt, Mt-82, C&L cai, SSW catback
Bama can tune, gutted cats
Godspeed wheels 20x8 up front 20x10 on rear
Raxiom switchback turn signals, Black billet grill
Tinted tail lights and markers
86custom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2012, 04:39 PM   #27
Registered Member
Regular
 
Mweigt07's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Region: North Dakota
Posts: 322
Is it loaded up yet? What mods do you have? How did you ask for it?
Mweigt07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2012, 04:49 PM   #28
Registered Member
Regular
 
86custom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Central Louisiana
Region: Louisiana
Posts: 221
Update I think it was a FAIL. Either they missed the part where I said cam tune for street and performance or the just ignored it and forgot to mention it. Well I'll give them one more shot this time it be a phone call. I know they program thousands of these each week so I can understand.

---------- Post added at 04:49 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:44 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mweigt07
Is it loaded up yet? What mods do you have? How did you ask for it?
I have stainless steel works cat back,c and l cai, BBK cat delete pipe and the tuner. I ask through the website.
__________________
2011 Gt, Mt-82, C&L cai, SSW catback
Bama can tune, gutted cats
Godspeed wheels 20x8 up front 20x10 on rear
Raxiom switchback turn signals, Black billet grill
Tinted tail lights and markers
86custom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2012, 04:54 PM   #29
Registered Member
Regular
 
Stockish302's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Region: California
Posts: 297
Quote:
Originally Posted by 86custom
Update I think it was a FAIL. Either they missed the part where I said cam tune for street and performance or the just ignored it and forgot to mention it. Well I'll give them one more shot this time it be a phone call. I know they program thousands of these each week so I can understand.

---------- Post added at 04:49 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:44 PM ----------



I have stainless steel works cat back,c and l cai, BBK cat delete pipe and the tuner. I ask through the website.
How do you like the ssw cat back? My girls brother wants a car back for his GT but he can't decide on a cat back. Are you sure they didn't name the tunes wrong?
__________________
BBK cai, 96 tbird maf housing, BBK 70mm TB, TFS intake manifold, BBK shortys, bassani off road X pipe, Flowmasters with turndowns

If any one is willing to donate parts to the Make Joe's Mustang Faster that Corvettes Foundation, donations will be gladly appreciated
Stockish302 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2012, 06:37 PM   #30
Registered Member
Regular
 
Rapinator126's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Region: Texas
Posts: 9,246
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigsmitty24
Ok are the children finished arguing ? Ive got a question. Can the cammed tune be run with gutted cats? I want it but im worried about passing inspection.
yes i had the cammed tune With gutted stock h pipe for awhile
Rapinator126 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2012, 08:11 PM   #31
Registered Member
Regular
 
Rapinator126's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Region: Texas
Posts: 9,246
+1 on lund im running his tunes on my 5.0. and if you have a problem he will fix it and talk to you on his personal email for any help you need. he has taken care of me and any little problem i have had.
Rapinator126 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2012, 08:58 PM   #32
Road Trip!
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Region: Texas
Posts: 3,606
Quote:
Originally Posted by Woodga16

Again, your post attacks someone and lacks facts...the one customer in this thread that said Bama sent him tune, then didn't work. Saying anyone can make "cammed" tune might be correct, but one that provides power gains without surging or any other problems is only thing that matters...Lund, AED, and HPX have proven to provide those positive characteristics in their tunes time and time again. HPX still offers cammed tune for auto. I would recommend HPX. Excellent customer service.
Chris is a great Guy.
wnt2gofst is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


» Like Us On Facebook



06:21 AM


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0

MustangEvolution.com is in no way associated with or endorsed by Ford Motor Company.