Roush Catback Exhaust - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 07-06-2012, 11:08 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Georgia
Roush Catback Exhaust

So I think I've finally narrowed down my exhaust choice to the roush catbacks from YouTube videos... If you have any other suggestions let me know but keep I'm mind it's a 2010 (4.6 L). My question is it if I get the catbacks will they eliminate my cats with them? Or does it bolt on behind my cats leaving them on? I was also curious about where an h-pipe or o/r x-pipe comes in in this situation. Would either one be beneficial? Thanks for the help!
mustangman5345 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-06-2012, 11:24 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Ohio
Cat back just goes to the stock h pipe cats will stay on a aftermarket h pipe or x pipe come off road that has no cats but u can get catted ones that will have cats to pass emission tests.

---------- Post added at 12:24 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:22 AM ----------

I would go with the x its a more race car sound i perfer the x but everyone has a preference.
sonicstanggt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2012, 11:26 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by sonicstanggt
Cat back just goes to the stock h pipe cats will stay on a aftermarket h pipe or x pipe come off road that has no cats but u can get catted ones that will have cats to pass emission tests.

---------- Post added at 12:24 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:22 AM ----------

I would go with the x its a more race car sound i perfer the x but everyone has a preference.
So then do I need the roush catback and an x pipe? That'll give it a deep race car sound even with high flow cats?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-06-2012, 11:31 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

If u have the money get both but if not get the cat back first then the x pipe and i have a catted x pipe on my car i think it sounds great will definitely get noticed and it is pretty deep.
Old 07-06-2012, 11:43 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by sonicstanggt
If u have the money get both but if not get the cat back first then the x pipe and i have a catted x pipe on my car i think it sounds great will definitely get noticed and it is pretty deep.
Do you have a 4.6? I just want it deep and have a loud nice idle. The videos on YouTube sound good but I want to make sure. I wish I could try it out before I committed...

---------- Post added at 12:43 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:42 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by mustangman5345

Do you have a 4.6? I just want it deep and have a loud nice idle. The videos on YouTube sound good but I want to make sure. I wish I could try it out before I committed...
And props on being one of the first people on here I've seen spell "definitely" right... Haha
Old 07-06-2012, 11:52 PM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Ha thanks man and it will make it idle louder and i was in your boat to and yes i got the 4.6 but im telling you it won't disappoint you will be a good sound if u want loud idle u need some cams later on.
Old 07-07-2012, 01:48 AM   #7
Road Trip!

Region: Canada
Quote:
So I think I've finally narrowed down my exhaust choice to the roush catbacks from YouTube videos... If you have any other suggestions let me know but keep I'm mind it's a 2010 (4.6 L). My question is it if I get the catbacks will they eliminate my cats with them? Or does it bolt on behind my cats leaving them on? I was also curious about where an h-pipe or o/r x-pipe comes in in this situation. Would either one be beneficial? Thanks for the help!
I had the Borla catback on my 07gt and loved them! Best sounding setup IMO.
2011gt85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2012, 02:47 AM   #8
Loc: Austin,TX
Regular
Supporter

Region: Texas
Re: Roush Catback Exhaust

The Roush axelbacks sound great and were a great price (when I got them) brand new. I would never buy them again though, I've had the car 1yr 9months just broke 4k,never seen rain and not a daily driver......the Roush are already rusting. There is no drone and they sound great but I'm unhappy with the fact that they are already rusting.
DDTCM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2012, 11:12 AM   #9
Road Trip!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DDTCM
The Roush axelbacks sound great and were a great price (when I got them) brand new. I would never buy them again though, I've had the car 1yr 9months just broke 4k,never seen rain and not a daily driver......the Roush are already rusting. There is no drone and they sound great but I'm unhappy with the fact that they are already rusting.
That is part of the reason I already recommend Borla. Yes they are expensive but they type of steel they use is top quality and will not rust, and they r&d they do is unmatched.
2011gt85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2012, 11:31 AM   #10
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2011gt85

I had the Borla catback on my 07gt and loved them! Best sounding setup IMO.
Do you have a video? I just want one that is deep, loud and has a nice idle. And you have your cats still on right?

---------- Post added at 12:31 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:29 PM ----------

Quote:
That would bother me too. Do the axle backs sound good? Enough of a difference from the stock exhaust to notice? Mine is a 4.6 so unfortunately the sound is a bit different from the 5.0s. I wonder if roush makes it in a different metal.
Old 07-07-2012, 12:24 PM   #11
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Mississippi
Flowmaster Outlaws are deep. Deeper than Roush IMO. They're made similar to the Roush's. Any muffler you get that's stainless and welded with stainless will not rust.
NuckChorris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2012, 12:44 PM   #12
Loc: Austin,TX
Regular
Supporter

Region: Texas

I ran Mac Boomtubes on my 05 & 07 GTs and loved them. The 07 had full Kooks exhaust with the Boomtubes and it was nasty mean. The Roush sound great and really scream when you get on them,I'm about to add ARH (LTs) and a off road X so it's gonna change alot.
DDTCM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2012, 06:52 PM   #13
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Colorado
Send a message via Yahoo to Jackal43x Send a message via Skype™ to Jackal43x

Roush is one of the best I've heard
Jackal43x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2012, 07:48 PM   #14
Registered Member
Regular

Region: North Carolina
Quote:

So then do I need the roush catback and an x pipe? That'll give it a deep race car sound even with high flow cats?
X pipe is loud and raspy live the sound
Shelby09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2012, 10:11 PM   #15
Registered Member
Regular

So hard of a decision! The biggest thing I'm worried about is getting the right set up so I pass emissions and it's not too raspy...
Old 07-09-2012, 07:11 AM   #16
The Blue Dragon
Regular
Supporter

Region: Kentucky
Quote:
So hard of a decision! The biggest thing I'm worried about is getting the right set up so I pass emissions and it's not too raspy...
Just keep cats and emissions will be good

AUGUST 2012 MOTM!!!!
GrabberBlue5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2012, 08:55 AM   #17
Registered Member
Regular

So roush catback with x pipe and high flow cats? Or Roush catback alone? If I go with Roush (:
Old 07-09-2012, 09:11 AM   #18
The Blue Dragon
Regular
Supporter

Doesn't roush only sell the axleback? I remember looking for a fatback system when I was in the market for one and couldn't find one anywhere

AUGUST 2012 MOTM!!!!
Old 07-09-2012, 12:42 PM   #19
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Arkansas
Quote:
Originally Posted by GrabberBlue5.0
Doesn't roush only sell the axleback? I remember looking for a fatback system when I was in the market for one and couldn't find one anywhere
Lol.. Fatback system..
Old 07-09-2012, 12:46 PM   #20
The Blue Dragon
Regular
Supporter

Haha, sometimes autocorrect is funny

AUGUST 2012 MOTM!!!!
Old 07-09-2012, 01:55 PM   #21
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Roush axle back are sweeet but i think they are made in china.... Not that its a bad thing cause a lot of things come out of china but there was a reason when i got them last summer for only $300 bucks brand new. Mine dont have rust but i oil spray them before i store for winter
GE3G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2012, 04:55 PM   #22
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by GE3G

Roush axle back are sweeet but i think they are made in china.... Not that its a bad thing cause a lot of things come out of china but there was a reason when i got them last summer for only $300 bucks brand new. Mine dont have rust but i oil spray them before i store for winter
The roush cat back system on stage 3 I think is in the ball park of 600 but I definitely don't want rust. I heard a video on YouTube that I liked a lot and that's what set me off on them.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT

Tags
exhaust

« Exhaust | cam tune »