After-market radio - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 07-07-2012, 03:09 AM   #1

Region: Washington
After-market radio

My recently purchased Stang has a pretty bleh receiver. I was wondering if anyone knows if an aftermarket receiver messes with the Sync system. Also, I have 2 12" Alpine subs I am trying to fit in the trunk. Anyone know of any boxes that I can fit back there? P.s. you guys truly are the best.
riddle89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-07-2012, 06:27 AM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Canada
When replacing the HU in the new mustang your also removing the sync system. You have to get a replacement dash kit which actually comes with an opening for a double din deck an the new heating and a/c controls. IMO i would keep your stock head unit and add a couple of amps. A 4 channel amp for your mids and highs and an amp for a sub. 2 12 requires a pretty decent size emclosure, i remember delivering a dual 12" box toy buddies house and it wouldnt fit in the trunk or the opening with the back seat down. I had to fold the back seat down amd place it ontop of the backrest. Your best bet id maybe going with a singal 12" enclosure seeing as tho you already have the drivers, or a custom enclosure depending how deep your pockets are. hope this helped dude
GE3G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2012, 12:06 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Region: North Dakota
There are only two deck kits and they both from metra, one does look better than the other. Both 400 dollars but like said it does replace your ac and there is not a full integration adapter for sync not even from Sony. They do make mini amps which are great adding to a stock head unit ex. Alpine. Kicker does make a full factory upgrade sub box and amp with also a 4 channel amp for the 10+ stang but prices are above 1300 from select dealers. I have researched this alot for my stang so you can message
Me with any questions.
Mweigt07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-07-2012, 04:10 PM   #4
Road Trip!

Region: Canada
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mweigt07
There are only two deck kits and they both from metra, one does look better than the other. Both 400 dollars but like said it does replace your ac and there is not a full integration adapter for sync not even from Sony. They do make mini amps which are great adding to a stock head unit ex. Alpine. Kicker does make a full factory upgrade sub box and amp with also a 4 channel amp for the 10+ stang but prices are above 1300 from select dealers. I have researched this alot for my stang so you can message
Me with any questions.
Actually there are two dash kits, one from metra an another from schoshe and there is an adaptor for sync controls.
2011gt85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2012, 05:53 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Colorado
Send a message via Yahoo to Jackal43x Send a message via Skype™ to Jackal43x
Re: After-market radio

Kenwood is coming out with soon, supposedly this summer (according to my local sound shop) with a fully integrated sync capable head unit. So if you can wait, I would.
Jackal43x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2012, 06:35 PM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Region: North Dakota
The sync module is not a full factory integration you lose some functions not sure what all. I could be wrong but I know metra had the first one dith the blue buttons that look cheap and the new one has the full touch screen and it looked like a metra model number that's why I thought it was metra I will have to look when I go back to work

---------- Post added at 06:35 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:32 PM ----------

And a couple of venders have been talking about sync products but nothing has showed up yet because they want to work with u touch, I think thAts what it is called( Chryslers sync )
Mweigt07 is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT