Most aggressive Axle backs - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 07-09-2012, 07:41 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Wisconsin
Most aggressive Axle backs

This is just a thread to ask what is your opinion on the best sounding axle back. This consists of tone, aggressiveness, rumble, etc. Talk it up! I'm still on edge of what Axle back is going to make me smile the most. I like them loud, fyi. Also, You guys are the best!
tgmeyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-09-2012, 08:43 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Mississippi
Quote:
Originally Posted by tgmeyer
This is just a thread to ask what is your opinion on the best sounding axle back. This consists of tone, aggressiveness, rumble, etc. Talk it up! I'm still on edge of what Axle back is going to make me smile the most. I like them loud, fyi. Also, You guys are the best!
Loudest most aggressive while keeping the cats will be muffler deletes. Then Flowmaster outlaws or Roush
NuckChorris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2012, 09:03 PM   #3
The Blue Dragon
Regular
Supporter

Region: Kentucky
Quote:
Originally Posted by NuckChorris

Loudest most aggressive while keeping the cats will be muffler deletes. Then Flowmaster outlaws or Roush
^ preach it brother!! Lol

But really what he said is true

---------- Post added at 10:03 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:02 PM ----------

I will say that best sounding at the best price is the GT500's with offroad exhaust

AUGUST 2012 MOTM!!!!
GrabberBlue5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-09-2012, 09:05 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrabberBlue5.0

^ preach it brother!! Lol

But really what he said is true

---------- Post added at 10:03 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:02 PM ----------

I will say that best sounding at the best price is the GT500's with offroad exhaust
^ This. If you plan on removing the cats the gt500s are the way to go.
Old 07-09-2012, 09:37 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New York
Re: Most aggressive Axle backs

Roush are amazing.
Old 07-10-2012, 02:12 AM   #6
Road Trip!

Region: Canada
Best sound and best quality and best fit and finish are the Borla s type! Simply amazing in person.
2011gt85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2012, 02:30 AM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Kansas
Roush are amazing. Get a lot of props. My only grip with them is, at high rpm they sound like glass packs. At least I think they do. All my other mustangs I've owned had, Mac cat back, or flow masters. So I miss that tone .. Borla do sound nice but for the price order a cat back system .. I had bassani on my 2011 gt and did not like em..

Roush are very nice they sound great. You tube vids and pull the trigger. I'm going to order stainless steel works cat backs in a few months. Just love the sound.

Hope I was some help
Bowtiebeater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2012, 02:47 AM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Nevada
I just put Borla S-type on my GT. I like 'em. They sound and look good. Low rumble, no drone, nice product. I wouldn't call them "loud" though.

---------- Post added at 12:47 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:41 AM ----------

Sorry. Didn't realize this was 2010-2014. Keep in mind mine is '07
Roger07GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2012, 08:07 AM   #9
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Illinois

I have the Borla axle back kit and its not loud enough! I believe it is the touring kit. The previous owner put it on. I plan on upgrading soon
Untamed5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2012, 08:14 AM   #10
It's not me, it's you.
Regular
Supporter

Region: Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by Untamed5.0
I have the Borla axle back kit and its not loud enough! I believe it is the touring kit. The previous owner put it on. I plan on upgrading soon
In your words could you compare the difference in tone between the touring and stock? I'm not quite sure which Borla setup I'm gonna go with.
primer2tone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2012, 08:21 AM   #11
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roger07GT
I just put Borla S-type on my GT. I like 'em. They sound and look good. Low rumble, no drone, nice product. I wouldn't call them "loud" though.

---------- Post added at 12:47 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:41 AM ----------

Sorry. Didn't realize this was 2010-2014. Keep in mind mine is '07
Get an offroad mid pipe. I have stingers on my 07 with o/r h pipe and it sounds so good and is plently loud.
S197Miller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2012, 08:24 AM   #12
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by primer2tone View Post
In your words could you compare the difference in tone between the touring and stock? I'm not quite sure which Borla setup I'm gonna go with.
Startup & idle it is definitely more throaty and aggressive sounding. This is also the case during hard acceleration. I don't notice any drone at highway speeds which is good. Its just not loud enough for me. Ive set off car alarms with these pipes but I NEED MORE!!!!
Untamed5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2012, 08:51 AM   #13
It's not me, it's you.
Regular
Supporter

Region: Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by Untamed5.0

Startup & idle it is definitely more throaty and aggressive sounding. This is also the case during hard acceleration. I don't notice any drone at highway speeds which is good. Its just not loud enough for me. Ive set off car alarms with these pipes but I NEED MORE!!!!
Haha, cool. I think I'm gonna go that direction. I want my car to sound a little more awake but I don't want to bust eardrums of people behind me.
primer2tone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2012, 09:55 AM   #14
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New Jersey
I got SLP Loudmouth muffler deletes. They sound amazing. I get asked all the time if I have an o/r exhaust, and all I have are the axle backs with the stock set up. Very throaty with a real aggressive sound when you punch it, and almost no drone.
ercolanom1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2012, 12:06 PM   #15
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Georgia
From what I've heard from others and on YouTube the borla stingers and the roush exhaust set ups are the best but it would help to hear them in person. I think I'm going with roush cat backs... Haven't decided if I want to do the o/r x pipe with the high flow cats or not though...
mustangman5345 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2012, 12:15 PM   #16
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by mustangman5345
From what I've heard from others and on YouTube the borla stingers and the roush exhaust set ups are the best but it would help to hear them in person. I think I'm going with roush cat backs... Haven't decided if I want to do the o/r x pipe with the high flow cats or not though...
The borlas are high as giraffe nuts. And don't sound a whole lot different than the Roush. To me the Flowmaster Outlaws seem deeper. I have custom muffler deletes. If I got anything different it would be Outlaws. If I got rid of my cats I'd get gt500s.
Old 07-10-2012, 07:49 PM   #17
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Virginia

Most Aggressive axlebacks-

-SLP "LoudMouth" 1 or 2
-DynoTech "Split Flow" muffler system
-Borla "PRO XS" or Borla "XR1 Multicore" (NOT XR1 Sportsman)
-Cherry Bomb "Extreme" catback system
-Flowmaster "Super 10 series" or "Outlaw Series"
-Stainless Works "Chambered Round" (Don't let name fool you, it's straight through)
-Bassani "Oval Race" system
-Dynomax "Race Bullet"
-SpinTech "PRO Bullet Race"
So, These are the most aggressive mufflers out there (most of them anyway)
I recommend the SpinTech Pro or Flowmaster Outlaw, but all time favorit is the two BORLA's!
robb15033 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2012, 08:54 PM   #18
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by S197Miller View Post
Get an offroad mid pipe. I have stingers on my 07 with o/r h pipe and it sounds so good and is plently loud.
Cool. Thank for the o/r pipe suggestion. I think I will do that. Do you have suggestion on brand of mid pipe or are they all about the same?
Old 07-10-2012, 08:56 PM   #19
The Blue Dragon
Regular
Supporter

When did this become a 4.6 thread? Lol

AUGUST 2012 MOTM!!!!
Old 07-10-2012, 09:14 PM   #20
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roger07GT

Cool. Thank for the o/r pipe suggestion. I think I will do that. Do you have suggestion on brand of mid pipe or are they all about the same?
I went with pypes but it ripped at the hanger and I had to weld it back up. So I dont know if other brands are better.
S197Miller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2012, 09:26 PM   #21
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by S197Miller View Post
I went with pypes but it ripped at the hanger and I had to weld it back up. So I dont know if other brands are better.
Thanks. I love the Borlas. So if I can turn up the volume just a little, that would be perfect!

---------- Post added at 07:26 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:22 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrabberBlue5.0 View Post
When did this become a 4.6 thread? Lol
Sorry man, might have been my fault. I posted earlier today just before realizing it was 5.0.
Popular subject I guess
Old 07-10-2012, 09:36 PM   #22
The Blue Dragon
Regular
Supporter

It's all good, not my thread and as long as people are learning this forum serves its purpose

AUGUST 2012 MOTM!!!!
Old 07-10-2012, 09:58 PM   #23
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by tgmeyer
Im on thw same,boat. Ive made my choice with borla s type cat backs with a boss 302 side exhaust withplates removed. Check out the boss 302 quad exhaust!
Merben50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2012, 02:36 AM   #24
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Merben50

Im on thw same,boat. Ive made my choice with borla s type cat backs with a boss 302 side exhaust withplates removed. Check out the boss 302 quad exhaust!
The only ones I saw were made by magnaflow and they sound like a 2 stroke motorcycle... But that's a v6.
Old 07-11-2012, 06:29 AM   #25
Registered Member
Regular

YouTube boss 302 side exit exhaust on a gt sounds mean!
Merben50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2012, 07:10 AM   #26
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Florida
Send a message via Yahoo to KATO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roger07GT View Post
If you are doing HEADERS, especially Long Tube Headers, then get the matching Midpipe to the Header you pick. When I originally did my Exhaust, I did it without Headers so my midpipe match my Exhaust (Magnaflow), then later when I got Headers (longTube), I had to change my Magnaflow X-pipe to a midpipe to fit with the Longtube Headers. So, I had to buy a BBK X-pipe to match up with the BBK LT Headers.
Old 07-11-2012, 10:21 PM   #27
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by primer2tone

I got the s type
Cat back with borla headers and kooks
X Catted pipe. Louder than anything I've heard exhaust wise.

---------- Post added at 09:21 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:17 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by mustangman5345
The stingers don't do justice on camera. I listened to soo many videos online and they are 10x louder in person. People can hear me
From
10 blocks away and when I go
Through underpasses it sound like a NASCAR. How a true muscle car should sound. It's worth the money in my opinion. I heard the roush ones rust etc. borla makes their exhaust out of quality material haven't heard of them rusting out
Bladezx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2012, 11:29 AM   #28
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Virginia

Matching MAC ProChamber mid-pipe....
robb15033 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2012, 08:01 PM   #29
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Florida
I have actually been looking at flowmasters, but I haven't been able to pull the trigger. I want to have something that turns heads while not drowning out the interior sound. However, keeping in mind not breaking the bank. Anybody have positive experiences with a 2010?
Old 07-12-2012, 11:44 PM   #30
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by gweze001
I have actually been looking at flowmasters, but I haven't been able to pull the trigger. I want to have something that turns heads while not drowning out the interior sound. However, keeping in mind not breaking the bank. Anybody have positive experiences with a 2010?
I have a 2010. Right now I'm either going with the Roush cat backs or borla stingers or ATAK. I really want to hear them in person though...
Old 07-16-2012, 10:02 AM   #31
Registered Member
Regular

The stingers sound way better in person. I watched videos of them and they don't sound loud just a low rumble but in person it's way louder. I have the cat back though so it will prob be not as loud with axle
Bladezx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2012, 01:07 PM   #32
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California

Great info here! I'm in the same dilemma. Brand-new 2013 GT & while my wife and I *love* the exhaust note, we both want more (yes, my wife is awesome). I've done the YouTube listening, but want to hear some in person. We both like Borla ATAK & Roush from the YT previews. I also am thinking an X-pipe (either BBK or FRPP--gotta keep my cats). On the cars with both X-pipe & axle-backs, they had that authoritative race v8 sound to them.

Now to find some locals to get with & let me listen...
claudermilk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2012, 01:16 PM   #33
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Ohio
Pype bombs are pretty loud. That's what I have and people compliment me all the time on the rumble of the exhaust. Just be aware that since they are muffler deletes, there is some drone. I'm used to it and it doesn't bother me.

A lot of people stand by roush axle backs, especially with an off road x pipe...so you may want to look at those too. I don't know how pypes will sound with no cats.

*SOLD* 2012 GT Premium, Black on Black, 3.55 Axle, HID and Security Package, Pypes Pype Bomb Axle Backs
skyline247 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2012, 01:54 PM   #34
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New York
Quote:
Originally Posted by skyline247
Pype bombs are pretty loud. That's what I have and people compliment me all the time on the rumble of the exhaust. Just be aware that since they are muffler deletes, there is some drone. I'm used to it and it doesn't bother me.

A lot of people stand by roush axle backs, especially with an off road x pipe...so you may want to look at those too. I don't know how pypes will sound with no cats.
I have the pypes catback with an X pipe. Be warned its extremely loud the rumble is loud and it pops. If you want to scare the **** out of someone, as they are walking behind the car rev it to 3-4k rpm. I acctually made some one jump out of the way before. In tunnels it's deafeningly loud.
Yellow50 is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT