Impressed after 3 weeks - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT

Join Mustang Evolution Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 07-09-2012, 07:04 PM   #1
Region: Colorado
Impressed after 3 weeks

Ok have had my 2012 for 3 weeks today and can not stop looking foward to driving it.
Still have not stood on it yet or lit the tires up yet and only have had it to about 85 on a on ramp.

Really impressed with the gas milage so far and have taken it on 2 trips so far. Colorado springs to Raton on 1 tank of gas with room to spare with some running around.
Took it from colorado springs to the little big horn battle field site over the weekend. worst for a tank of gas was 24.5 mpg and best was over 28 mpg So I really think with this 6sp mt I might be able to get 28 to 29 on flat land but I will see and that gives me the range I love when traveling.

Love the race red color and have had alot of folks comment on it also. Even had my 1st cop check it out and think the color might have helped?

Wy state trooper was sitting on the back side of the hill when I passed him doing 74 in a 75 (cruise control). He let me get a few miles down the road and did the pull out and slowly crept up behind me over the next 5 miles or so. He finaly passed me and about 1/2 mile later pulled over behind another hill.
race red and temp plate on the window tells me I need to get my perminent plates as soon as they let me and watch my speed when travelling.

Now I really need to get some better sounding exhaust.

Thanks for letting me rant about stuff you already know!

jc121 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2012, 08:09 PM   #2
The Blue Dragon
Region: Kentucky
Glad to hear you like your stang! Welcome to the family! Just be careful, once the mod bug bites you it's all down hill (financially lol) from there

New quick exhaust video

AUGUST 2012 MOTM!!!!
GrabberBlue5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2012, 08:15 PM   #3
Registered Member
Region: Texas
I got mine about a year ago an still feel the same way. I feel bad when it's parked at the airport and I can't wait to driving it.

He's not kidding about the mod bug either. I told myself I wasn't gonna mod it and I got a wild hair and ordered a tuner. Week later I got a O/R xpipe 3 weeks later I got a shifter (birfday present from my epic wife) and I just ordered lowering spring c/c plates, panhard bar and lca's.

Reinkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2012, 07:43 AM   #4
It's not me, it's you.
Hell yeah! It's addicting.
primer2tone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2012, 07:34 PM   #5
Registered Member
Region: Virginia
Yeah, I was the same way .. Going to keep it stock. Now all I do is surf, buy parts, keep them in my trunk, and install them when the wife's away. It is so addicting! My wife is going away for three weeks next month. Im ordering tons and will install them ... Hope she doesnt notiice the exterior mods. LOL
2010 GT Prem 400A Kona Blue
Manual, TrackPack, Electronics, Comfort, 3.73 & Security Packages, HID's
Mods: Flowmasters, GT/CS Rear Spoiler, Steeda Underdrive Pulleys, JLT Oil Separator, MMD Hood struts, ... more parts on their way
NAVYGUY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2012, 09:04 PM   #6
Registered Member
It's hillarious yet sad how we all think and act the same about buying stuff for our cars.

2013_stang_gt is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT