Most miles on a Bama tune - Page 2 - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 07-13-2012, 01:53 AM   #36
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Arkansas
Quote:
Originally Posted by InfinibandGT
http://www.americanmuscle.com/frpp-procal-2011gt.html

Have a look at the reviews. "skip shift is gone...". I've seen this on the ford website that doesn't load right now.

Im sure you have better things to do. The claim is that it does remove skip shift.

I want my factory tune back or better.

Either way, I'll figure it out.
As I said I wasn't sure if it did or not.. But I'm telling you right now SCT w a custom tune is FAR better than a procal.. I don't know that there is anyone on this forum that wouldn't agree w me.. Do you plan on modding? What kind of mods? Of the programmers for the 11+ 5.0 the procal is the least impressive.. How much is a procal anyway? SCT from AM is 379 w free tunes for life and a #8 cylinder warranty.. Any time you mod you tell them what you did and they send you a new tune..
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-13-2012, 01:59 AM   #37
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Other
Thanks man, I appreciate the advice.
InfinibandGT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2012, 02:14 AM   #38
Road Trip!

Region: Canada
Quote:
Originally Posted by 11stangGT

As I said I wasn't sure if it did or not.. But I'm telling you right now SCT w a custom tune is FAR better than a procal.. I don't know that there is anyone on this forum that wouldn't agree w me.. Do you plan on modding? What kind of mods? Of the programmers for the 11+ 5.0 the procal is the least impressive.. How much is a procal anyway? SCT from AM is 379 w free tunes for life and a #8 cylinder warranty.. Any time you mod you tell them what you did and they send you a new tune..
Well there is tons of people out there running the procal tune and are very satisfied with it. Not many on here but the other big forums have Tons of happy procal users. Also the procal is a more conservative tune and has never had any engine failures,#8 issues. The procal tool also doesn't have the annoying issues that the sct has, software problems,devise lockup etc...and the procal tune doesn't have the issues with having to datalog with the tune supplier to get the tune running good. There are Tons of threads on every forum about people having these issues with data logging because the tune isn't running right, or the Device froze mid upload, or the device software is out of date.....
2011gt85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-13-2012, 02:37 AM   #39
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2011gt85

Well there is tons of people out there running the procal tune and are very satisfied with it. Not many on here but the other big forums have Tons of happy procal users. Also the procal is a more conservative tune and has never had any engine failures,#8 issues. The procal tool also doesn't have the annoying issues that the sct has, software problems,devise lockup etc...and the procal tune doesn't have the issues with having to datalog with the tune supplier to get the tune running good. There are Tons of threads on every forum about people having these issues with data logging because the tune isn't running right, or the Device froze mid upload, or the device software is out of date.....
Never had the slightest issue w mine.. Nor have MOST users.. Does a procal even let you turn off the o2 sensors? Or let you change parameters to add boss intake? Is there any room for mods?There's a whole lot more to the SCT than a procal as far as how detailed the tune writing is and what not.. W so many different adjustable parameters it would make sense that it'd be a lil more difficult to tune in.. Especially factoring in every car is different and depending on where you live.. But all the added bonuses all WELL worth it if you do have to call and get them to adjust the tune once or twice.. And my thoughts on people who are happy w their procal tuners is bc they probably have not tried an SCT I'd have been p*ssed if I had bought a procal and found out about SCT later..
Old 07-13-2012, 03:10 AM   #40
Registered Member
Regular

You guys are way up there. If I turn off o2 sensors I can't drive my car, I can't get it smogged here in ca.

If I was still living in SC, he'll yea! I'll run x pipes! Sh*t. Open headers!

I must not be communicating something right.

But, it sounds like you guys are having a good time!
Old 07-13-2012, 06:32 AM   #41
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2011gt85

I agree with some of the things you said but not the longevity. I'm sorry but 10/20/30/40 thousand km/miles isn't long at all! When the word longevity is used that means long term, which is 180,000+ and a tuned motor that is tuned for lower ets more hp and more tq isn't lasting as long as a stock tuned motor plain and simple. I don't care if you drive your car like like a 80 year old and only go 40 the tuned car isn't lasting as long. That is all I meant in my post about not lasting as long. There is no doubt in my mind that a tuned car will run fine for 10/20/30/40 even 80k miles but saying it will be just as reliable and long lasting as a stock one is complete bs. And when I talked about problems I was talking about the 07 gt tuned I had that I had to datalog 5 times with my tuner to dial it in and the countless phone calls and emails with tuners about problems I was having with codes, idle issues, sct issues, software issues etc...and if your not prepared to do this tuning isn't for you. The fact is there are tons of people that have to jump through these hoops to get an email tune to work and it's not for everyone.

---------- Post added at 01:26 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:18 AM ----------

Right on! Those 2004-motors seem to last forever! A guy in a mustang club I'm in has a 03 or 04 Mach 1 and it has 280k kms on it and it has had nitrous on it way back cai and dyno tune.
If it's correctly tuned it will run more efficiently, if you take a stock car and drive the piss out of it you'll loose the motor before the motor blows on a conservitavley (spell check) tuned car driven lightly

"Too much horsepower is not enough"
MikesChargedGT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2012, 08:11 AM   #42
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by InfinibandGT
You guys are way up there. If I turn off o2 sensors I can't drive my car, I can't get it smogged here in ca.

If I was still living in SC, he'll yea! I'll run x pipes! Sh*t. Open headers!

I must not be communicating something right.

But, it sounds like you guys are having a good time!
Ok? Won't offer my help/opinion again, sorry dude
Old 07-13-2012, 08:23 AM   #43
Moderator Emeritus
Regular

Quote:

Ok? Won't offer my help/opinion again, sorry dude
Awfully dramatic.. Don't think it's that serious..?!

Not sure what dude is even trying to say?!
Old 07-13-2012, 08:44 AM   #44
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by deadsp0t

Awfully dramatic.. Don't think it's that serious..?!

Not sure what dude is even trying to say?!
I'm not that serious.. I'm not sure he even knows what he's trying to say lol
Old 07-13-2012, 08:44 AM   #45
Moderator Emeritus
Regular

Quote:

I'm not that serious.. I'm not sure he even knows what he's trying to say lol
LoL
Old 08-02-2012, 12:51 AM   #46
Registered Member
Regular

I started this thread because of these problems:

Hopefully this will help other people with similar problems.

- Skip shift (no need to explain here).
- First trip to the dealer which flashed my PCM (not ECU, sorry. Wrong terms here) which made my throttle response shxt and gas mileage poor. Dealer says, "no, there is nothing wrong, we changed nothing"
- You need to be an Orangutan to shift between 1st and 2nd.

I installed the following:
- Steeda triax shifter.
- FRPP tune.

Problem solved.

Like I said, I'm an old fart, I want what I want. You guys are looking for something more than I am. I just want my car to run the way I expect it to.

Either way, thanks for the comments.

Strange as it might sound, we used to run small block Chevy push rod engines with 11:1 forged pistons, and, "hey dude, use this duration and lift" for your cam, with open headers in South Carolina around the neighborhood (late 70s, 80's).

I'm very pleased with this car. Since I'm now a computer geek I appreciate the technology behind it. I might add, the FRPP tune is much better that the factory. I will definitely consider a more aggressive tune later.

Cheers!
Old 08-03-2012, 09:10 PM   #47
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
I had a 2011 5.0 tuned by bama all it had was cai, tune, and 3.73 gears ran 7.7 in the eighth (with drag radial), it never had any issues ran very well air fuel was spot on. I traded it in with 40k miles and probably 50 passes many of those being hot laps. very strong, i would highly suggest a bama tune
godsdisciple85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2012, 12:46 AM   #48
Registered Member
Regular

Thanks. I definitely want to try a better tune and more mods.

I want to do this later. I'm good for now at 9000 miles. Fantastic car. No complaints now.

I think I was an *** in my past posts. I was a little freaked-out after buying this car with the dealer telling me no problem about "my problems". I guess I'm learning the ropes.

It's a shame that I had to replace Ford's stamped sheet metal and plastic shifter to make shifting as good as it was in my Scion. Having to purchase a tune and tuner to restore it to at least factory performance is insane. But, It's nice to have something to read diag codes.

I probably need to look at the SCT tuners as well like people were trying to tell me.

Live and learn

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT