paint ideas? - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 07-11-2012, 12:32 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Virginia
paint ideas?

I had some branches fall on my car and the insurance is going to have to pay for the full paint job! So the ? Is do
1. i put racing strips down the middle (1 or 2) 1 would be like the superstar version. Also what color?
2. Two tone the car with Kong blue being the top half of the car.
3. Just let the insurance pick up the whole tab and paint it black.

I know option 1 &2 will be little more price wise but i have always flirted with the idea of this before and now seems like an ideal time sense the insurance will pick around 80% of the cost. Im keeping black and not willing to change the whole color of the car. I think i saw a YouTube video similar to the twotone paint that i would lean towards. Ill find it. Anyway option/suggestions?

---------- Post added at 12:32 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:29 PM ----------

It is a 2011 black mustang gt prim w/auto
tolly5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-11-2012, 01:05 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Pennsylvania
Considering ur not paying full for it. Id go all out and get something original. I have a stripe scheme i plan on using that no one else has, jus need to bills for it. If ur into the 2 tone go for it. Dont put 1 stripe on ur car.. Thats like powder coating brembos gold haha.
Edens5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2012, 05:24 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Illinois
Re: paint ideas?

Go Eleanor style. I would if I had the cash...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eleanor_(automobile)
Marcie; Black 2013 GT. MT82, .373, track + brembo, JLT CF CAI, Boss Manifold, MGW StS, Blowfish Trans Bracket & Driveshaft Loop, Whiteline trans bushing, RP motor & tranny oils, Flowmaster Outlaws, BMR UCA w/ mount, LCA w/ relo brackets, panhard, SR springs, KONI oranges, J&M CC plates, staggered leguna secas, MT street comps
***A good driver is the best method to get more performance out of any car. ***
AXLEBACKS THREADS =
Rynarok is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-11-2012, 05:57 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Alabama
Re: paint ideas?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edens5 View Post
Considering ur not paying full for it. Id go all out and get something original. I have a stripe scheme i plan on using that no one else has, jus need to bills for it. If ur into the 2 tone go for it. Dont put 1 stripe on ur car.. Thats like powder coating brembos gold haha.
I have one stripe on my '13 with a pin stripe on each side. I love how it looks. Everyone and their uncle has 2 racing stripes.... put on everything from a mustang to an old chevy S 10.
lilredgt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2012, 06:32 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilredgt

I have one stripe on my '13 with a pin stripe on each side. I love how it looks. Everyone and their uncle has 2 racing stripes.... put on everything from a mustang to an old chevy S 10.
My opinion. One stripe looks dumb. If everyone has 2 stripes its prob cuz it looks good.
Edens5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2012, 06:38 PM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilredgt

I really like the one thick stripe down the middle with the two pinstripes on either side. Always thought that looked good.
DWC_SmOziLLa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2012, 12:14 PM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Virginia
I think Im leaning towards the two tone or the one big strip and two smaller pin strips down the center. It will probably depends on the price the shop will quote me.
tolly5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT