Hellion turbo kit - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT



Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 07-12-2012, 06:09 PM   #1
Road Trip!
 
Join Date: May 2012
Region: Canada
Posts: 389
With all the smack talk I hear on this forum about the hellion turbo kit for the 2011 mustang I had to post this here...copied it from another forum.

UPR Products decided to take our 2011 5.0 Mustang to Palm Beach International Raceway last night. This is our daily driver, equipped with a Hellion Turbo kit running 9 lbs of boost. The Stang made 588hp on 93 octane pump gas. Our plan was to demonstrate that we would be able to achieve low 10-second times with our daily driver and still maintain 22+ MPG. We did it!!! 22.8 MPG to and from the track and 10.34 @ 132 on the strip. Once again, our resident driver Jeremy Martorella was at the controls.

Check out the videos and let us know what you think. I can't post links to YouTube from my cell phone but if you YouTube upr hellion turbo 2011 mustang and there is two videos of it running.
2011gt85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 07-12-2012, 06:14 PM   #2
Loc: Austin,TX
Regular
Supporter
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Austin
Region: Texas
Posts: 5,980
Re: Hellion turbo kit

I don't think the issue is what a car will run with the hellion system. It's more of a quality,fitment issue that everyone has with them.
DDTCM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2012, 06:17 PM   #3
Road Trip!
 
Join Date: May 2012
Region: Canada
Posts: 389
Quote:
Originally Posted by DDTCM
I don't think the issue is what a car will run with the hellion system. It's more of a quality,fitment issue that everyone has with them.
The only one I have seen in person fit very good and was the best quality turbo system I have seen. And all I ever hear on here is its a dyno queen system, which it obviously isn't.
2011gt85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 07-12-2012, 06:20 PM   #4
Loc: Austin,TX
Regular
Supporter
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Austin
Region: Texas
Posts: 5,980
Re: Hellion turbo kit

I talking about fitment during install.
DDTCM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2012, 06:21 PM   #5
Road Trip!
 
Join Date: May 2012
Region: Canada
Posts: 389
Quote:
Originally Posted by DDTCM
I talking about fitment during install.
Me to
2011gt85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2012, 06:23 PM   #6
Loc: Austin,TX
Regular
Supporter
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Austin
Region: Texas
Posts: 5,980
Re: Hellion turbo kit

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2011gt85 View Post
Me to
Did you help install it?
DDTCM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2012, 06:49 PM   #7
Road Trip!
 
Join Date: May 2012
Region: Canada
Posts: 389
Quote:
Originally Posted by DDTCM

Did you help install it?
I didn't help but I went there and saw it at a few different steps, and the guy is in the mustang club I'm in and he told me all about it.
2011gt85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2012, 07:25 PM   #8
Registered Member
Regular
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Region: South Carolina
Posts: 412
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2011gt85

The only one I have seen in person fit very good and was the best quality turbo system I have seen. And all I ever hear on here is its a dyno queen system, which it obviously isn't.
How many turbo systems have you seen? Saying best you've seen seems far fetched by a few 1/4 mile passes. Have you seen TT5.0 Lund/PBH kit?

A big single kit would be great, but too many horror stories for the hellion kit...that's referring to how kit comes. Many have MADE it work, but if dropping big money on a power adder...additional fab and pieces shouldn't be necessary.
__________________
Previous: '02 GT, '04 GT, '07 GT & a few chevys in between
'13 GT
Woodga16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2012, 07:42 PM   #9
Registered Member
Regular
 
Black5.0's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Region: Illinois
Posts: 395
Just google 2011 mustang hellion kit. First one I clicked on was a guy who had a hell of a time installing. In the end he couldn't even get it to fit right so took it off n returned it.
Black5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2012, 07:49 PM   #10
It's not me, it's you.
Regular
Supporter
 
primer2tone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Corpus Christi
Region: Texas
Posts: 6,752
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2011gt85
With all the smack talk I hear on this forum about the hellion turbo kit for the 2011 mustang I had to post this here...copied it from another forum.
Do you have a link to the build? I'd really like to read about it.
primer2tone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2012, 07:54 PM   #11
Loc: Austin,TX
Regular
Supporter
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Austin
Region: Texas
Posts: 5,980
Re: Hellion turbo kit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black5.0 View Post
Just google 2011 mustang hellion kit. First one I clicked on was a guy who had a hell of a time installing. In the end he couldn't even get it to fit right so took it off n returned it.

BOOYAKASHA!
DDTCM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2012, 08:15 PM   #12
Road Trip!
 
Join Date: May 2012
Region: Canada
Posts: 389
Quote:
Originally Posted by Woodga16

How many turbo systems have you seen? Saying best you've seen seems far fetched by a few 1/4 mile passes. Have you seen TT5.0 Lund/PBH kit?

A big single kit would be great, but too many horror stories for the hellion kit...that's referring to how kit comes. Many have MADE it work, but if dropping big money on a power adder...additional fab and pieces shouldn't be necessary.
I have seen lots of turbo kits! This is the first one I have seen on a new 5.0 bit every other kit I have seen has required some type of fab to fit perfect.

---------- Post added at 07:12 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:10 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by primer2tone

Do you have a link to the build? I'd really like to read about it.
It's the upr car. All I know is it is a stock motor stock auto trans car with drag wheels. You could probably shoot them am email for details...if you do report back with your findings!

---------- Post added at 07:15 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:12 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black5.0
Just google 2011 mustang hellion kit. First one I clicked on was a guy who had a hell of a time installing. In the end he couldn't even get it to fit right so took it off n returned it.
Same thing with exhaust systems. With all the piping in a turbo system sometime they don't fit perfect. Tons of headers and other systems out there that don't fit with some an fit great with others.
2011gt85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2012, 08:25 PM   #13
Registered Member
Regular
 
Rapinator126's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Region: Texas
Posts: 9,245
my buddy has a 2012 5.0 with the hellion turbo. and 7psi it put down 550/525. and its a beast. thinking about doing the same kit as him.
Rapinator126 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2012, 08:56 PM   #14
Registered Member
Regular
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Region: South Carolina
Posts: 412
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2011gt85

I have seen lots of turbo kits! This is the first one I have seen on a new 5.0 bit every other kit I have seen has required some type of fab to fit perfect.

---------- Post added at 07:12 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:10 PM ----------



It's the upr car. All I know is it is a stock motor stock auto trans car with drag wheels. You could probably shoot them am email for details...if you do report back with your findings!

---------- Post added at 07:15 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:12 PM ----------



Same thing with exhaust systems. With all the piping in a turbo system sometime they don't fit perfect. Tons of headers and other systems out there that don't fit with some an fit great with others.
I'm not discrediting you...just asking if you've seen other coyote turbos. I was lucky enough to see alpha 1 just as it was completed. Beautiful kit. Saying it would be hard to drop big money on a kit that hasn't widely proven itself. I don't make enough to play chance.

---------- Post added at 09:56 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:55 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rapinator126
my buddy has a 2012 5.0 with the hellion turbo. and 7psi it put down 550/525. and its a beast. thinking about doing the same kit as him.
Good numbers. Didn't you say a while back he had trouble with something with installation?
__________________
Previous: '02 GT, '04 GT, '07 GT & a few chevys in between
'13 GT
Woodga16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2012, 09:23 PM   #15
Registered Member
Regular
 
Rapinator126's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Region: Texas
Posts: 9,245
Quote:
Originally Posted by Woodga16

I'm not discrediting you...just asking if you've seen other coyote turbos. I was lucky enough to see alpha 1 just as it was completed. Beautiful kit. Saying it would be hard to drop big money on a kit that hasn't widely proven itself. I don't make enough to play chance.

---------- Post added at 09:56 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:55 PM ----------



Good numbers. Didn't you say a while back he had trouble with something with installation?
yes he had trouble with them sending everything it took 4 shipments to get it all in.
Rapinator126 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2012, 10:37 PM   #16
Registered Member
Regular
 
Rynarok's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Region: Illinois
Posts: 421
Re: Hellion turbo kit

Former neon SRT4 owner here: had a garrett 50trim in mine (sadly, my new mustang is already faster fresh out of the box).

I am a supporter of garrett turbo systems...do they offer anything for the 5.0? Just curious, I think if I went forced induction on a coyote it would be a novi 2200 supercharger (it's not like we're lacking top end power...right?)
__________________
Marcie; Black 2013 GT. MT82, .373, track + brembo, JLT CF CAI, Boss Manifold, MGW StS, Blowfish Trans Bracket & Driveshaft Loop, Whiteline trans bushing, RP motor & tranny oils, Flowmaster Outlaws, BMR UCA w/ mount, LCA w/ relo brackets, panhard, SR springs, KONI oranges, J&M CC plates, staggered leguna secas, MT street comps
***A good driver is the best method to get more performance out of any car. ***
AXLEBACKS THREADS =
Rynarok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2012, 11:46 PM   #17
Road Trip!
 
Join Date: May 2012
Region: Canada
Posts: 389
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rynarok
Former neon SRT4 owner here: had a garrett 50trim in mine (sadly, my new mustang is already faster fresh out of the box).

I am a supporter of garrett turbo systems...do they offer anything for the 5.0? Just curious, I think if I went forced induction on a coyote it would be a novi 2200 supercharger (it's not like we're lacking top end power...right?)
Anything that has a turbo or any turbo system the turbo itself could be swapped out for a Garrett turbo.
2011gt85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2012, 06:10 PM   #18
The Blue Dragon
Regular
Supporter
 
GrabberBlue5.0's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Louisville
Region: Kentucky
Posts: 5,661
Re: Hellion turbo kit

I'm just gonna leave this right here...

WWW.S197FORUM.COM
__________________
New quick exhaust video

AUGUST 2012 MOTM!!!!
GrabberBlue5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2012, 09:03 PM   #19
Road Trip!
 
Join Date: May 2012
Region: Canada
Posts: 389
Found out more about the upr car....

Car is a stock 2011 GT auto with a converter, bigs n littles (Hoosier DRs), and a UPR k-member. The Hellion kit has been upgraded to a 76mm turbo and the hot side was modified. Mechanical work, fuel system, and tune were all done by JDM

---------- Post added at 08:03 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:02 PM ----------

So yes the hot side had to be slightly modified...as has every boxed turbo kit I have seen in my life.
2011gt85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2012, 09:07 PM   #20
Registered Member
Regular
 
Rapinator126's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Region: Texas
Posts: 9,245
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2011gt85
Found out more about the upr car....

Car is a stock 2011 GT auto with a converter, bigs n littles (Hoosier DRs), and a UPR k-member. The Hellion kit has been upgraded to a 76mm turbo and the hot side was modified. Mechanical work, fuel system, and tune were all done by JDM

---------- Post added at 08:03 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:02 PM ----------

So yes the hot side had to be slightly modified...as has every boxed turbo kit I have seen in my life.
not bad. seems like they should have got more out of the 76mm at 9psi but still good #'s. my buddy has the 67mm and 550 at 7psi. his also was tuned by jim from jdm 3rd time car has been tuned.

---------- Post added at 09:07 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:06 PM ----------

jim comes down to houston every once in awhile to do tuning
Rapinator126 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2012, 09:34 PM   #21
Road Trip!
 
Join Date: May 2012
Region: Canada
Posts: 389
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rapinator126

not bad. seems like they should have got more out of the 76mm at 9psi but still good #'s. my buddy has the 67mm and 550 at 7psi. his also was tuned by jim from jdm 3rd time car has been tuned.

---------- Post added at 09:07 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:06 PM ----------

jim comes down to houston every once in awhile to do tuning
Well your buddy wasn't on a stingy dyno. The upr would be 600+ on any other dyno. An really all a dyno is good for is tuning and numbers. The upr car ran a low 10 second pass...what has your buddy's ran?
2011gt85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2012, 09:42 PM   #22
Registered Member
Regular
 
Rapinator126's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Region: Texas
Posts: 9,245
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2011gt85

Well your buddy wasn't on a stingy dyno. The upr would be 600+ on any other dyno. An really all a dyno is good for is tuning and numbers. The upr car ran a low 10 second pass...what has your buddy's ran?
its not a track car. never been to strip
Rapinator126 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2012, 09:46 PM   #23
Registered Member
Regular
 
Edens5's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Region: Pennsylvania
Posts: 361
U dont put a turbo on a v8. U just dont do it.
Edens5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2012, 09:47 PM   #24
Registered Member
Regular
 
Rapinator126's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Region: Texas
Posts: 9,245
Quote:
Originally Posted by Edens5
U dont put a turbo on a v8. U just dont do it.
why is that? a turbo will make more power and tq per pound of boost compared to a supercharger.
Rapinator126 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2012, 09:48 PM   #25
The Blue Dragon
Regular
Supporter
 
GrabberBlue5.0's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Louisville
Region: Kentucky
Posts: 5,661
I would turbo a v8 I I wasn't so in love with the idea of the twin screw
__________________
New quick exhaust video

AUGUST 2012 MOTM!!!!
GrabberBlue5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2012, 09:55 PM   #26
Registered Member
Regular
 
Edens5's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Region: Pennsylvania
Posts: 361
Cost of A real turbo that wont blow ur motor in 10,000 miles compared to a supercharger doesnt compare. If turbos were worth it more than 5 ppl would have one. Go ahead and spend 10 g. Ill be perfectly satisfied with 7 tops.
Edens5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2012, 09:56 PM   #27
Registered Member
Regular
 
Rapinator126's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Region: Texas
Posts: 9,245
Quote:
Originally Posted by Edens5
Cost of A real turbo that wont blow ur motor in 10,000 miles compared to a supercharger doesnt compare. If turbos were worth it more than 5 ppl would have one. Go ahead and spend 10 g. Ill be perfectly satisfied with 7 tops.
u can get the hellion for 5800 with the 67mm. or the twin hellion for 7k so i would go turbo
Rapinator126 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2012, 10:09 PM   #28
Registered Member
Regular
 
Edens5's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Region: Pennsylvania
Posts: 361
U can get 713 hp from a SC for under 6500 n thats fact. If u really look into it, a decent turbo setup that wont blow up is gonna cost u 8-10g. Im not pullin it outta my A.. Theres a guy i talk to n he pulls 800+hp outta his twin turbos n hes well over 10. Its not worth the labor and the money.
Edens5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2012, 10:17 PM   #29
Registered Member
Regular
 
Rapinator126's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Region: Texas
Posts: 9,245
Quote:
Originally Posted by Edens5
U can get 713 hp from a SC for under 6500 n thats fact. If u really look into it, a decent turbo setup that wont blow up is gonna cost u 8-10g. Im not pullin it outta my A.. Theres a guy i talk to n he pulls 800+hp outta his twin turbos n hes well over 10. Its not worth the labor and the money.
how much boost you going to have to run on a sc to get 700+ well over 10psi.
Rapinator126 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2012, 03:35 AM   #30
Road Trip!
 
Join Date: May 2012
Region: Canada
Posts: 389
Quote:
Originally Posted by Edens5
U can get 713 hp from a SC for under 6500 n thats fact. If u really look into it, a decent turbo setup that wont blow up is gonna cost u 8-10g. Im not pullin it outta my A.. Theres a guy i talk to n he pulls 800+hp outta his twin turbos n hes well over 10. Its not worth the labor and the money.
If everyone wanted a Paxton supercharger there wouldn't be the choices we have today! Fact is turbo's are more efficient make more power per pound of boost are easier on the motor and are better for emissions...hense why every car maker had a turbo car. Not everyone wants the cheapest supercharger out there. And I don't have p read
On the Internet to find this out, I build my own cars and have ran turbo setups for Years. My 408 fox runs a centri blower and it is broke down more
Than it's running, yet my turbo ls1 has been running awesome for years.

---------- Post added at 02:35 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:33 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edens5
U can get 713 hp from a SC for under 6500 n thats fact. If u really look into it, a decent turbo setup that wont blow up is gonna cost u 8-10g. Im not pullin it outta my A.. Theres a guy i talk to n he pulls 800+hp outta his twin turbos n hes well over 10. Its not worth the labor and the money.
An your talking about one guy and at 713hp he can't even run a 1/4 mile time a 588hp turbo car did.
2011gt85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2012, 04:39 AM   #31
Registered Member
Regular
 
Edens5's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Region: Pennsylvania
Posts: 361
Whoa whoa whoa canada.. Im just saying, u can get over 700 from a whipple sc for
Under 7500 g also. If turbos were the way to go everyone would be doing it. The fact is.. A sc is much better for these motors, they are built for them. As mentioned before. The turbos fit like crap and are a pain to get right, do they produce more power per pound, yea. But most people on this forum dont make the money to blow on a good turbo setup nor do they have the time to mess with one. A turbo setup is a good idea, im not disagreeing. I had a 98 mitsubishi gt with twins that could smoke my 5.0. But that was a 6 cylinder. If turbos were the way to go, chevy ford and dodge would put them in their ss gts and srt8 editions. Cant argue that
Edens5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2012, 05:48 AM   #32
Registered Member
Regular
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Region: South Carolina
Posts: 412
Comparing a fox to a LSx? Apples to oranges. You can't compare psi. You have to compare CFM. Not all turbos are more efficient than the new centris. You are correct about engine stress though being less than SC though. Facts as of today, centris are best overall coyote setup for most peoples applications...that's referring to efficiency/power vs cost. Albeit, some prefer PD...the new roush tvs design is most efficient PD I've seen in person. Very imppressive comparing to its past designs.
__________________
Previous: '02 GT, '04 GT, '07 GT & a few chevys in between
'13 GT
Woodga16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2012, 12:35 AM   #33
Road Trip!
 
Join Date: May 2012
Region: Canada
Posts: 389
Quote:
Originally Posted by Edens5
Whoa whoa whoa canada.. Im just saying, u can get over 700 from a whipple sc for
Under 7500 g also. If turbos were the way to go everyone would be doing it. The fact is.. A sc is much better for these motors, they are built for them. As mentioned before. The turbos fit like crap and are a pain to get right, do they produce more power per pound, yea. But most people on this forum dont make the money to blow on a good turbo setup nor do they have the time to mess with one. A turbo setup is a good idea, im not disagreeing. I had a 98 mitsubishi gt with twins that could smoke my 5.0. But that was a 6 cylinder. If turbos were the way to go, chevy ford and dodge would put them in their ss gts and srt8 editions. Cant argue that
These motors are built for supercharges? No they aren't. Over 700 from a whipple? Ya with enough modifications you can but not out of the box! Most turbos can make 1000hp+ so you can't compare modding a turbo or supercharger system. I also am not knocking superchargers or turbos but the fact is turbo systems are the way of the future and you might not believe me now but you will see. Every car will eventually be turbo powered v8s and all. Why? Because they are more efficient,make more power,better for emissions....I could go on an on. I happen to prefer a supercharger over a turbo but I am a realist and I have been building cars long enough to know that a turbo system when set up right is just well...better.

---------- Post added at 11:34 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:26 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woodga16
Comparing a fox to a LSx? Apples to oranges. You can't compare psi. You have to compare CFM. Not all turbos are more efficient than the new centris. You are correct about engine stress though being less than SC though. Facts as of today, centris are best overall coyote setup for most peoples applications...that's referring to efficiency/power vs cost. Albeit, some prefer PD...the new roush tvs design is most efficient PD I've seen in person. Very imppressive comparing to its past designs.
New centris?? They are the same designs for the past 10 years. Just because they are cheaper doesn't make them better. They are cheaper for a reason.

---------- Post added at 11:35 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:34 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woodga16
Comparing a fox to a LSx? Apples to oranges. You can't compare psi. You have to compare CFM. Not all turbos are more efficient than the new centris. You are correct about engine stress though being less than SC though. Facts as of today, centris are best overall coyote setup for most peoples applications...that's referring to efficiency/power vs cost. Albeit, some prefer PD...the new roush tvs design is most efficient PD I've seen in person. Very imppressive comparing to its past designs.
Sorry but it's not apples to oranges. It's comparing a turbo car to centri car. Both built by me and both built with the same caliber parts. But one just runs more efficient and has less stress.
2011gt85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2012, 09:09 AM   #34
Registered Member
Regular
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Region: Canada
Posts: 2,974
Re: Hellion turbo kit

The things that made me love my centri on my last 5.0 over the twin turbos I had previously was the second order stress of TC: The snake pit of plumbing and pipes underhood, the baking underhood heat, the tuning challenges. The centri I bolted on in an afternoon, set it up tune-wise in minutes and off I went, no issues, no drama, simple tuning, great street performance because of the step-up ratio in the head unit. This is why it'd take alot to get me to take on twin turbo or any non-factory turbo setup again, especially DD. Centri is just so much fun with alot less grief.
5LHO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2012, 11:00 AM   #35
Registered Member
Regular
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Region: South Carolina
Posts: 412
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2011gt85

These motors are built for supercharges? No they aren't. Over 700 from a whipple? Ya with enough modifications you can but not out of the box! Most turbos can make 1000hp+ so you can't compare modding a turbo or supercharger system. I also am not knocking superchargers or turbos but the fact is turbo systems are the way of the future and you might not believe me now but you will see. Every car will eventually be turbo powered v8s and all. Why? Because they are more efficient,make more power,better for emissions....I could go on an on. I happen to prefer a supercharger over a turbo but I am a realist and I have been building cars long enough to know that a turbo system when set up right is just well...better.

---------- Post added at 11:34 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:26 PM ----------



New centris?? They are the same designs for the past 10 years. Just because they are cheaper doesn't make them better. They are cheaper for a reason.

---------- Post added at 11:35 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:34 PM ----------



Sorry but it's not apples to oranges. It's comparing a turbo car to centri car. Both built by me and both built with the same caliber parts. But one just runs more efficient and has less stress.
You're telling me the centris head units of today are same efficiency of those years back? Ha
FIs react differently for different designs. Be ignorant...Not going to argue.

---------- Post added at 12:00 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:59 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5LHO
The things that made me love my centri on my last 5.0 over the twin turbos I had previously was the second order stress of TC: The snake pit of plumbing and pipes underhood, the baking underhood heat, the tuning challenges. The centri I bolted on in an afternoon, set it up tune-wise in minutes and off I went, no issues, no drama, simple tuning, great street performance because of the step-up ratio in the head unit. This is why it'd take alot to get me to take on twin turbo or any non-factory turbo setup again, especially DD. Centri is just so much fun with alot less grief.
Exactly.
__________________
Previous: '02 GT, '04 GT, '07 GT & a few chevys in between
'13 GT
Woodga16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


» Like Us On Facebook



11:59 AM


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0

MustangEvolution.com is in no way associated with or endorsed by Ford Motor Company.