Question - Page 2 - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 07-13-2012, 10:22 PM   #36
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Mississippi
I was expecting more support on getting one. I understand y'all feel like I'm not gonna be able too but I feel like I will be able too and I will make sure i can before I do. I really want one and going to try my hardest to get one.
2000_gt is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-13-2012, 10:40 PM   #37
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Tennessee
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2000_gt
I was expecting more support on getting one. I understand y'all feel like I'm not gonna be able too but I feel like I will be able too and I will make sure i can before I do. I really want one and going to try my hardest to get one.
Oh I'm pretty sure we support you in getting one, and I wasn't trying to get you down I just think most of us have been in your shoes at least once and wish we could have done things a little different is all. But hey go do what you think is right and I hope you have fun in doing it and post pics when you get her!!
SSTHIS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2012, 11:59 PM   #38
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Maryland
Quote:
Originally Posted by TooSlow4U

If the finance rate is through the roof!
Yea man your interest rate must be extremely high. I didn't put any money down on my 34,000 dollar loan and my payments are 530 a month

---------- Post added at 10:59 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:54 PM ----------

I
Srohda is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-14-2012, 12:09 AM   #39
Registered Member
Regular

Mine should be low with my dad cosigning for about 38000
Old 07-14-2012, 12:28 AM   #40
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New York
Quote:
I'm not saying u can't afford one I'm just speaking from experience when I tell u not to be surprised if u get outta basic and they ship you to Afghanistan. Do what you're gonna do but that's my .02
TheAdrianHand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2012, 12:51 AM   #41
Registered Member
Regular

Deployment pay will help pay it off. I'm security force by the way.

---------- Post added at 12:51 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:31 AM ----------

My uncle has a 01 cobra that he will sell me for 13k and only has 20k miles and is black should I get that or a 13
Old 07-14-2012, 01:08 AM   #42
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New York
Get the cobra. Yes the deployment will pay it off but it's gonna sit in storage for a year or so. I'm an MP Sergeant in the Army
TheAdrianHand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2012, 01:33 AM   #43
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Arkansas
Quote:
Main reason I want one is because my 2000 don't have the power I want and I don't see a reason putting money in the car that car isn't worth another words I put 10-20k in a car that is only worth 7-10k not happening. And my friend got a 12 boss last year for his first car and I would really like to get a new one and make it blow his doors off. He doesn't know anything about modding or anything he's only 17. He don't try to mod like I don't think he knows it exist
I only got 6500 trade on my 04 gt auto premium.. Was in great shape just over 100k and that was almost 2 years ago now.. Not saying you won't get it but I dont see you getting 7k.. Prolly wouldn't get more than 5k trade.. I heard from someone when they took my car to auction that they didn't even get 6.. I dunno though.. Just food for thought cuz I know your kinda banking on that for a down payment..
Old 07-14-2012, 01:39 AM   #44
Registered Member
Regular

I def won't trade in. Private sell will be the way I go. Trade in won't bring anything.
Old 07-14-2012, 01:47 AM   #45
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Illinois
Im 23 and I kinda f'd up the next 5 years of my life paying the CAR off,putting,only 5k down payment, but im extremely happy with my car and would probably do it again if I turned back time. Still these guys are right about sAving money and put it down later in,cash. For me this car was the reason I studied hard and passed my test so can make payments and not lose an arm and leg. Now just a leg haha. Good luck in the air force and with your car choices!
Merben50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2012, 01:48 AM   #46
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
I def won't trade in. Private sell will be the way I go. Trade in won't bring anything.
I figured I coulda gotten 8-10 selling outright but it was easier to just trade in .. But like I said mine was 4 years newer and in good shape and that was two years ago.. And competition orange lol.. My guess 5-6k on a good day.. maybe you'll get lucky though!
Old 07-14-2012, 02:18 AM   #47
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Tennessee
I would wait until u get done with AIT and everything, because once ur active and u buy a car, it's tax free so u save a lot of money. Also get USAA banking, they have a car buying service. I bought my 5.0 2012 brand new for 25,600. The dealership made maybe a $100 from me.
RuSSiaNStuDD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2012, 02:55 AM   #48
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Florida
Heed my advice.

Save your money. Keep the 2000 GT, even spend a few hundred here and there fixing it up if you like. Go to college while enlisted on uncle Sam's dime. Take advantage of every cash saving opportunity the service affords you. Invest some of your money. Don't blow it on toys. You will be well on your way in life. By the time you are wise enough to make some next level moves your options will be wide open and you will be in a great position to literally do whatever you want, sky is the limit, doctor, lawyer,etc. Don't worry about a $30k+ car for now. By the time you can enjoy it, the car will be out dated and there will be new models out. The cash you spent could have easily been turned into $100k. You will be 25 before you know it.

I'm 31 and if I was in your shoes, 19 years old with a fresh start, that's exactly how I would do it kid. Everything you do to take care of your future now will pay big dividends when it counts later.

---------- Post added at 01:55 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:42 AM ----------

Matter of fact, USAA is really good, I have them and they have their own financial services department that will give you financial advice and help with mutual funds, ira's etc. they should be able to give you projections on what kind of money you can expect to have at the end of your deployment if you invest with them.
Red Stallion 11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2012, 07:50 PM   #49
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Virginia
As stated before, you're only 19 once. Yeah, it is nice to have a nest egg, but that car isn't going to kill your hopes and dreams! If you get it, do it smart though. Check everyone's advice on buying and get yourself a good deal. If your dad is co-signing he will definitely be able to make sure you don't get screwed with.

TWO THINGS - 1. Be aware of the power. Getting tickets while in the service is TOTALLY different than getting one as a civilian. Things tend to blow out of proportion, especially when you're just starting out.
2. Finish all of your schools and get to your unit to find out what they are doing. Whoever said that knew what they were talking about. If you buy a 13' and deploy, the money will definitely help you pay it off - but what if the 14' has 700hp?? (I know, exaggeration!) the thing is, they are always improving cars. Get the right one at the right time. If you're not deploying, go for it! If you are, consider saving that money for the year model of when you come back. THAT, you won't regret, I promise you that.
Old 07-14-2012, 08:22 PM   #50
Registered Member
Regular

But what if the body is garbage
Old 07-14-2012, 09:08 PM   #51
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
But what if the body is garbage
'14 will be the same.. They aren't changing till '15 I believe..
Old 07-14-2012, 09:18 PM   #52
The Blue Dragon
Regular
Supporter

Region: Kentucky
Re: Question

even if the body is garbage then you'll still be able to buy a brand new 13 at an even lower price because dealers will want to move those to make way for the 14's

AUGUST 2012 MOTM!!!!
GrabberBlue5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2012, 10:31 PM   #53
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Virginia
Quote:
Originally Posted by GrabberBlue5.0
even if the body is garbage then you'll still be able to buy a brand new 13 at an even lower price because dealers will want to move those to make way for the 14's
Exactly. This is dependent on you deploying though. No use in making payments on a car you can't even break in!! I made that mistake a couple years ago on my first deployment and regretted it.
Old 07-15-2012, 12:15 AM   #54
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Arizona
Get the cobra. Just the name Cobra makes men excited and women horny.!
2012Vader5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2012, 12:23 AM   #55
Registered Member
Regular

Well the cobra still looks brand new like it was just bought. It's in storage right now. But if I can get a 13 I will. Only time will tell
Old 07-15-2012, 12:38 AM   #56
Road Trip!

Region: Canada
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2012Vader5.0
Get the cobra. Just the name Cobra makes men excited and women horny.!
Cobra? The svt team hasn't made a cobra since 04. Now the Shelby team makes a gt500 and sticks on a snake badge.
2011gt85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2012, 12:39 AM   #57
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2011gt85

Cobra? The svt team hasn't made a cobra since 04. Now the Shelby team makes a gt500 and sticks on a snake badge.
Read more of the threads b4 u respond..
Old 07-15-2012, 12:43 AM   #58
Road Trip!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 11stangGT

Read more of the threads b4 u respond..
Lol I read the first page but it got so off topic I quit reading till that comment.
Old 07-15-2012, 12:43 AM   #59
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

Lol I read the first page but it got so off topic I quit reading till that comment.
That'll happen
Old 07-15-2012, 12:56 AM   #60
Registered Member
Regular

His uncle offered to sell him an 01 cobra for 13k with 20k miles on it.

---------- Post added at 10:56 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:53 PM ----------

The 01 cobra, done right will look and perform better than the 2013 gt. Will also be less to pay off.
Old 07-15-2012, 01:07 AM   #61
Road Trip!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2012Vader5.0
His uncle offered to sell him an 01 cobra for 13k with 20k miles on it.

---------- Post added at 10:56 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:53 PM ----------

The 01 cobra, done right will look and perform better than the 2013 gt. Will also be less to pay off.
Is this the op that is going to basic were talking about?
Old 07-15-2012, 01:28 AM   #62
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

Is this the op that is going to basic were talking about?
Yes.
Old 07-15-2012, 01:32 AM   #63
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Washington

Do it if you can swing it. Being in SF, you'll definitely deploy. The guys that make the MOST money are the single guys that live in the dorms. No wife, no rent, etc. I've seen many that don't touch their paycheck for the entire duration of their deployments, let alone the per diem depending on where you're at if there isn't anything to spend money on. Deployments will become normal - just don't get dependent on the deployment money. I've seen many over the years that deploy all the time get into debt beyond what their base pay can handle because they banked on deploying all the time. But what happens when the deployments run dry, or they get stuck in a job with little or no notice that has no deployments? Don't get in over your head. A car like that will automatically raise eyebrows and flags among your supervision. I have an Airman now that has a C6 Vette, but his Dad makes bank and paid cash for the thing, another story. You already mentioned making a '13 faster than your buddy's GT500, and that takes money too - money you most likely won't have on your base pay by the time you insure it, put gas in it, and spend the rest playing or eating out once you get sick of eating at the chow hall like most do. I will also tell you that the military isn't like the old days where they rehabilitate and you press on - they're looking for all kinds of ways to lean out the force, i.e., PT, disciplinary issues, DUI, financial irresponsibility...any of those things can put you in a place where you can't re-enlist or get sucked into a force reduction cycle. I've seen it all and have been forced to be that "*******" that sent them out the door, and I'm not a guy that springs for paperwork all the time (I HATE that ****). ....did I mention only 9.5 more months left until retirement?
"I'm not new to driving. I've been doing it for a couple of years now." - Aphex
Compstall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2012, 01:45 AM   #64
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Nevada

Serve our country with pride and be safe. Live on base, eat at the chow hall and enjoy your new ride.

When I got back from combat on two separate occasions. I bought a new car each time. It made me feel good.

Thank you for your upcoming service.
maldog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2012, 08:37 AM   #65
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Florida
Definitely wait till your done with training, cause during training you won't be able to touch it anyway(unless that's changed in last 20 years). Training is also gonna be the make or break of your military career, I've seen guys go thru training and get discharged for many reasons. Enlisted soldiers don't make much. Also, if you end up with your first tour overseas (especially on a hardship tour to South Korea or Honduras you can't take your vehicle with you) the shippers treat all cars like crap going on and off the ship, yeah they'll fix it but you'll always feel that your car is damaged goods afterwards. Be patient and wait.
Thors5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2012, 09:56 AM   #66
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Compstall
Do it if you can swing it. Being in SF, you'll definitely deploy. The guys that make the MOST money are the single guys that live in the dorms. No wife, no rent, etc. I've seen many that don't touch their paycheck for the entire duration of their deployments, let alone the per diem depending on where you're at if there isn't anything to spend money on. Deployments will become normal - just don't get dependent on the deployment money. I've seen many over the years that deploy all the time get into debt beyond what their base pay can handle because they banked on deploying all the time. But what happens when the deployments run dry, or they get stuck in a job with little or no notice that has no deployments? Don't get in over your head. A car like that will automatically raise eyebrows and flags among your supervision. I have an Airman now that has a C6 Vette, but his Dad makes bank and paid cash for the thing, another story. You already mentioned making a '13 faster than your buddy's GT500, and that takes money too - money you most likely won't have on your base pay by the time you insure it, put gas in it, and spend the rest playing or eating out once you get sick of eating at the chow hall like most do. I will also tell you that the military isn't like the old days where they rehabilitate and you press on - they're looking for all kinds of ways to lean out the force, i.e., PT, disciplinary issues, DUI, financial irresponsibility...any of those things can put you in a place where you can't re-enlist or get sucked into a force reduction cycle. I've seen it all and have been forced to be that "*******" that sent them out the door, and I'm not a guy that springs for paperwork all the time (I HATE that ****). ....did I mention only 9.5 more months left until retirement?
Not faster than a gt500. A boss 302
Old 07-15-2012, 12:09 PM   #67
Registered Member
Regular

Region: North Dakota
Just wait till you find out your duty station because it might be up here in the tundra where the mustang is not the best dd but at the most just buy a beater car now till you find out where and what you Are doing out of basic.
Mweigt07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2012, 12:58 PM   #68
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mweigt07
Just wait till you find out your duty station because it might be up here in the tundra where the mustang is not the best dd but at the most just buy a beater car now till you find out where and what you Are doing out of basic.
I have a 00 gt right now and I will be at san antonio after basic for school which is about 3-4 months long

Click image for larger version

Name:	image-967633486.jpg
Views:	116
Size:	553.1 KB
ID:	59119
Old 07-15-2012, 02:27 PM   #69
Registered Member
Regular

Region: North Dakota
Quote:

I have a 00 gt right now and I will be at san antonio after basic for school which is about 3-4 months long
Yeah but if they ask you if you want to go missiles say no because you will be stuck with only three bases to go to with prp
Mweigt07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2012, 03:22 PM   #70
Loc: Austin,TX
Regular
Supporter

Region: Texas

**** a house...they are a gamble also. Save some money and give it time. See what you can afford before you jump into it.

You are 19......no need to buy a house just yet.
DDTCM is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT