Question - Page 3 - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 07-15-2012, 03:32 PM   #71
Registered Member
Regular

**** it and buy a Lamborghini lol
black9D5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-15-2012, 03:35 PM   #72
It's not me, it's you.
Regular
Supporter

Region: Texas
I'd buy a strip club. Just sayin...
primer2tone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2012, 03:39 PM   #73
Registered Member
Regular

And I'd park my Lamborghini in front of your strip club to attract customers. I think we could be future business partners
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-15-2012, 04:52 PM   #74
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Virginia
Id sell condoms in your strip club and use to Enhance customer relations...
Notorious_rob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2012, 06:07 PM   #75
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Florida
Everyone here has had great advise from their view, but instead of telling you what to do. I'll just tell you my side. I'm a Marine Lieutenant and I just got a 2010 and even that was a stretch for my budget. Plus life comes at you fast, and I know I would want all my money in one place. Maybe getting a feel for your career first would help. We are downsizing after all. You might be thinking 20 but after 4 get shown the door. The military will treat you like family. However, you always need a back up plan. Good luck at basic and Semper Fidelis.
Old 07-16-2012, 01:45 AM   #76
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California
Re: Question

Get the 13. YOLO.
Old 07-16-2012, 08:21 AM   #77
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Canada
If you have zero bills and u receive 2k a month go for it, finance that car. But realistically its better to have a healthy down payment or the whole amount. Debt sucks and its a huge weight on your back. If i only new the things i no now back when i was younger, but you live and learn and i dont regret anything i have done. Debt and financial reasons are usually then number one reason for divorces
GE3G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2012, 09:24 AM   #78
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Mississippi
Quote:
Originally Posted by GE3G
If you have zero bills and u receive 2k a month go for it, finance that car. But realistically its better to have a healthy down payment or the whole amount. Debt sucks and its a huge weight on your back. If i only new the things i no now back when i was younger, but you live and learn and i dont regret anything i have done. Debt and financial reasons are usually then number one reason for divorces
I will have 12-15K for down payment and no other bills.
2000_gt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2012, 10:05 AM   #79
Moderator Emeritus
Regular

Region: Other
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2000_gt

I will have 12-15K for down payment and no other bills.
Buy a house.
Old 07-16-2012, 10:16 AM   #80
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by deadsp0t

Buy a house.
Why when I will be on base? That will be an upkeep of something I'll maybe see once a year
Old 07-16-2012, 10:56 AM   #81
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California
Quote:

Why when I will be on base? That will be an upkeep of something I'll maybe see once a year
Forget the house, you could live in the 13! Am I the only one rooting for this? Lol
Old 07-16-2012, 11:12 AM   #82
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by stangaroo

Forget the house, you could live in the 13! Am I the only one rooting for this? Lol
Besides me lol
Old 07-16-2012, 12:12 PM   #83
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by stangaroo

I'll root for it to!!!
Old 07-16-2012, 03:12 PM   #84
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Illinois
Quote:
Originally Posted by black9D5

I'll root for it to!!!
Haha make sure you delete the back and poke a hole in the bottom for the bathroom!
Merben50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2012, 08:06 AM   #85
Moderator Emeritus
Regular

Region: Other
Quote:

A house is a real investment, and you can get a better rate on 13' interest wise. Plus they will be begging you to buy the car..

Unless you plan on living on base forever.. Just my opinion from my exp is all..
Old 07-17-2012, 08:59 AM   #86
Lorraine's driver

Regular

Region: Indiana
There has been a lot of good advice here, but I'd like to throw in some too. I'm not in the military and am very thankful for those of you who fight for our freedom. Thanks!

Since you are young, it would be of benefit to establish your credit. Especially the way banks are now days. As suggested, make sure you can make any other debts you have or will have. I'm not sure how long you plan to be in the service, but think about this to help with your decision. If your service will end before your loan is paid, that's will be a huge factor.

It is a good idea to put down as much as you can, but knowing you will have higher insurance and plates, etc. make sure you have a place to put her when you are away on duty, like another country. You don't want to have to think about your baby siting outside in the elements. Don't count on a car cover. I personally think they suck, but I'm a hater because my paint has some probs because of the last owner and his cover.

If you've determined you can swing it, I'd go for it. Life is short. Living a little goes a long way to help you get through all the hard work you do. And thanks for your future service!

---------- Post added at 09:59 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:52 AM ----------

As some have mentioned, buying a house is a good investment. But with little credit history, you'll get bent over. Plus, you will most likely not know exactly what you want in a house at this time in your life. Buying a house just to buy a house is a bad move. If you buy something you don't like, I'd suck cause you'd have to wait several years before you could sell it just to make any money at all on it. IMO
Old 07-17-2012, 09:39 AM   #87
Registered Member
Regular

First, it's a bad idea to ask for financial advice on an internet car forum full of a bunch of people you don't know.

But, since you asked ... SAVE THE MONEY. So many people get out of the service with nothing to show for it ... take advantage of the free room and board and save for your future. I was 41 when I bought my first Mustang earlier this year ... long time for me to wait but it's also nice to not have to ask strangers if I can afford it and to be able to buy whatever mods I want and not have to eat Ramen noodles.
mmike87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2012, 09:52 AM   #88
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Oklahoma
Quote:
Originally Posted by mmike87
First, it's a bad idea to ask for financial advice on an internet car forum full of a bunch of people you don't know.

But, since you asked ... SAVE THE MONEY. So many people get out of the service with nothing to show for it ... take advantage of the free room and board and save for your future. I was 41 when I bought my first Mustang earlier this year ... long time for me to wait but it's also nice to not have to ask strangers if I can afford it and to be able to buy whatever mods I want and not have to eat Ramen noodles.
It wasnt that bad of an idea actually. Everyone gave him good advice
Jake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2012, 11:02 AM   #89
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Arizona
You won't deploy right away. You'll probably be a 5 level before they deploy you. Some 3 levels get deployed in security forces but it's rare. Rare at least in my squadron.

Here's the best advice,...DON'T GET MARRIED IN TECH SCHOOL.

Here's the future warning,...you may buy the car and owe around 20-25k or less or whatever it's goin to be but you will spend a heck of a lot on mods. I'm over 11k now and have had her since January. Remember you will want to put on an exhaust and say "axle backs will be good" then you'll want a catback then long tubes then wheels and tires then you'll want a cai and then a supercharged and then suspension and then some other crap and then and then and the "and thens" do NOT stop!!!!

CONSIDER YOURSELF WARNED!!!! Now enjoy her if you get her and dont have regrets
TooSlow4U is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2012, 10:08 PM   #90
Registered Member
Regular

Just because a bad idea works out doesn't make it a good idea!
Old 07-17-2012, 10:43 PM   #91
Lorraine's driver

Regular

I think soaking up information of all kinds, good or bad, is a good idea. In the end, it's the decisions we make, not the advice we get.
Old 07-17-2012, 10:54 PM   #92
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Oklahoma
Quote:
Originally Posted by Azure
I think soaking up information of all kinds, good or bad, is a good idea. In the end, it's the decisions we make, not the advice we get.
Agree 100%
Jake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2012, 10:57 PM   #93
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azure
True but some took this the wrong way I didn't ask if I should get one or not ha I asked if I would be able to afford it. I have a 2000 gt that I can sell to get a decent down payment plus a sign bonus and if I get one i will order it so I will also have the money i saved waiting those months for it to come in. I think the tread got off track IMO
Old 07-17-2012, 11:01 PM   #94
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Florida
Being a fresh new airman just out of tech school, and someone who's saving up for a 13 also, I can help ya. Unless you are married, you will NOT be making $2000 a month as an E3. Especially if you are stationed in the states. I bring home less than $1400 a month after taxes, ss, gi bill, etc. Plan on yours being roughly close to that. Without that down payment you said you have, this car would be totally out of reach. Keep that in mind, as it means you will need to do a lot of preparation to get it. The guy who said you should start building credit is right, as soon as you can, sign up with USAA and start working on that credit. I've talked to guys in the AF who strolled into a dealership totally unprepared and with no credit. They walked out with an interest rate in the 20's. Yikes. The only way you can set it up where it doesn't drain your whole paycheck every month is if you carefully plan and do your homework. Don't get antsy in tech school and jump the gun, these guys are right, you won't know where you're going until shortly beforehand. You don't want to be making payments on a brand new stang that's collecting dust while you spend a year in Korea (or Germany, or wherever). Patience is key. If you take your time and prepare, you can score a good interest rate AND have an additional $5k for the down payment. All I'm saying is don't rush haha
Old 07-17-2012, 11:06 PM   #95
Lorraine's driver

Regular

Quote:

True but some took this the wrong way I didn't ask if I should get one or not ha I asked if I would be able to afford it. I have a 2000 gt that I can sell to get a decent down payment plus a sign bonus and if I get one i will order it so I will also have the money i saved waiting those months for it to come in. I think the tread got off track IMO
Yup, you're right. Your OP was for some military input. I hope it's not too late for some more of their experience and input.
Old 07-18-2012, 12:54 AM   #96
Road Trip!

Region: Canada
Here's some advice. Buy the damn car! You only live once an you could die tomorrow! And really its only 30k. You will have it paid off in no time and of not you can sell it and only be out maybe 10-15k and that's not much!
2011gt85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2012, 01:27 AM   #97
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Louisiana
Hmmm $1400 a month. Man that's a shame in itself. Wish are country could pay you guys more. Thats enough to pay my auto loans, insurance and gas. Well coming from a young guy like myself (25) I worked hard on getting my credit built as soon as I got out of high school now it's in the low 800's. I think you could afford it only if you have a good chunk to put down say 7-10g's, a co-signer with excellent credit, and a very good interest rate. Interest rate is where it will make it or break it. And don't forget insurance that'll be close to what your monthly note is. Don't let them screw you. I paid sky high interest rate with my first two vehicle and I didn't know it was that bad, for the first year or two I was paying mostly interest. Good luck and appreciate your service and all the others in the service.
Raxiom switchback turn signals, Black billet grill
Tinted tail lights and markers
86custom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2012, 07:00 PM   #98
Registered Member
Regular

I spent 6 years in the Navy and hit the fleet as an E-4 ... I know first-hand how much it sucks having such a large portion of your income tied up in a car - especially when you're gone a lot (not sure if that applies here, depends on what you're doing). I paid $250 a month for insurance at 20 and that was with a clean record in in 1990 dollars.

One of the most exciting things I missed out on was the travel. I was so broke because of my crappy finances that I was unable to enjoy all the places I visited. Valuable lessons I learned, for sure!
Old 07-19-2012, 07:25 PM   #99
Registered Member
Regular

I think I'm just gonna go with the 01 cobra with 20k miles for 13,000 and turbo it or a kenne bell
Old 07-19-2012, 07:38 PM   #100
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Louisiana
Quote:
I think I'm just gonna go with the 01 cobra with 20k miles for 13,000 and turbo it or a kenne bell
+1 my friend has a 99 and he said I'm the only one that could pull away from him. By saying they're slow but with FI he would have diffently beat me. I'm not the best at drag racing so he might of hung with me if he was better at shifting. You might be able to find a 03-04 cobra if you look hard enough. To me that's the best looking stang.
Raxiom switchback turn signals, Black billet grill
Tinted tail lights and markers
86custom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2012, 10:59 PM   #101
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

Air force

---------- Post added at 10:53 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:52 AM ----------

Why would I buy a house when I will be on base for the next 20 years I understand closer to that time but not right now and plus I will have signing bonuses down the road for a housr
Got a buddy going to BT in September for the air force, one just graduated, one is already in, and one may be getting medical discharge because he got a sprained ankle. Goodluck!
Old 07-20-2012, 01:41 AM   #102
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by black9D5

Got a buddy going to BT in September for the air force, one just graduated, one is already in, and one may be getting medical discharge because he got a sprained ankle. Goodluck!

Lol, they just gave us Motrin. It's proven by the Marine Corps, Motrin can heal...... everything. Take this Motrin, drink water, change your socks.
Old 07-20-2012, 07:14 AM   #103
The Blue Dragon
Regular
Supporter

Region: Kentucky
Quote:
Originally Posted by GT_Man

Lol, they just gave us Motrin. It's proven by the Marine Corps, Motrin can heal...... everything. Take this Motrin, drink water, change your socks.
Lol yup good ol' vitamin M

AUGUST 2012 MOTM!!!!
GrabberBlue5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2012, 11:44 PM   #104
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Colorado
Send a message via Yahoo to Jackal43x Send a message via Skype™ to Jackal43x
You could get a V6 maybe... I stress maybe. Military guy myself.
Jackal43x is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT