Tail light trim from AM - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 07-13-2012, 08:25 AM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Florida
Tail light trim from AM

How hard is it to install?
Mandy4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-13-2012, 08:31 AM   #2
Moderator Emeritus
Regular

Region: Other
Is there no install guide or customer reviews for it?
Old 07-13-2012, 08:45 AM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

There are no reviews that I saw, just photos. It's supposed to come with tape, pretty straight-forward, but I'm curious how easy it is to put it on in exactly the right place and get it looking good.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-13-2012, 10:19 AM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Mississippi
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mandy4
There are no reviews that I saw, just photos. It's supposed to come with tape, pretty straight-forward, but I'm curious how easy it is to put it on in exactly the right place and get it looking good.
It's probably beyond easy to do.
NuckChorris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2012, 10:28 AM   #5

Region: Georgia
I got my MMD Matte Black Taillight Trim from AM. It was super simple. You're right, it comes with 3M tape on the back, around the outside frame. It also comes with small alcohol pads to clean the taillight area before you install it. It's very obvious how they fit; mine sit perfectly in the indentation around the taillights. I wanted to be sure the posts separating the lights and the corners would stick, so I cleaned them with alcohol and cut small strips of 3M tape (which you can get at any auto parts store, or even Walmart) to fit. Then I used alcohol to clean the car body anywhere tape would touch. Finally I peeled the plastic backing off the tape, gently placed the trim where it fit, and when I was happy with the location I pressed down hard. I ran my fingers over every piece of trim to make sure the tape was really stuck on every surface, especially the corners.

I hope that helps! Like I said, it was very simple.
KMStang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2012, 10:39 AM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by KMStang
I got my MMD Matte Black Taillight Trim from AM. It was super simple. You're right, it comes with 3M tape on the back, around the outside frame. It also comes with small alcohol pads to clean the taillight area before you install it. It's very obvious how they fit; mine sit perfectly in the indentation around the taillights. I wanted to be sure the posts separating the lights and the corners would stick, so I cleaned them with alcohol and cut small strips of 3M tape (which you can get at any auto parts store, or even Walmart) to fit. Then I used alcohol to clean the car body anywhere tape would touch. Finally I peeled the plastic backing off the tape, gently placed the trim where it fit, and when I was happy with the location I pressed down hard. I ran my fingers over every piece of trim to make sure the tape was really stuck on every surface, especially the corners.

I hope that helps! Like I said, it was very simple.
Thank you, that was exactly what I wanted to know!
Old 07-13-2012, 10:59 AM   #7

Region: Georgia
Awesome! It's good to know my *extremely* limited experience and knowledge can help someone! Haha
KMStang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2012, 11:11 AM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by KMStang
Awesome! It's good to know my *extremely* limited experience and knowledge can help someone! Haha
Hahaha

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT