Tires for Drag Racing - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 07-13-2012, 07:31 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Virginia
Tires for Drag Racing

Okay experts, I currently have 19 x 10 on the rear and 19 x 9 on the front, what size slicks, radials and wheels will I need for the rear?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-13-2012, 07:36 PM   #2
The Blue Dragon
Regular
Supporter

Region: Kentucky
What gear are you running? For 3.73's everything I have heard 28 inch tall slicks are best

---------- Post added at 08:36 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:35 PM ----------

Supposedly this will keep you in 4th at trap... But being sc'd will change this....

AUGUST 2012 MOTM!!!!
GrabberBlue5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2012, 07:40 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Re: Tires for Drag Racing

stock 3.55... I have no clue, I need to know if I can run my daily driver wheels up front and then just wheels and slicks on the rear...and if I have to change all four, what fits over the brembos...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-13-2012, 07:55 PM   #4
The Blue Dragon
Regular
Supporter

Region: Kentucky
15" jegstars are pretty common with 28x10 slicks, and with the 3.55's in a sc'd car you should be able to stick it out in 4th. Brembo brakes upgrade are only on the front, rear has standard GT brakes

---------- Post added at 08:55 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:54 PM ----------

Again, this is all things I have read and learned, no first hand experience. I would call and make sure with whoever you order through that this will work

AUGUST 2012 MOTM!!!!
GrabberBlue5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2012, 08:02 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrabberBlue5.0 View Post
15" jegstars are pretty common with 28x10 slicks, and with the 3.55's in a sc'd car you should be able to stick it out in 4th. Brembo brakes upgrade are only on the front, rear has standard GT brakes

---------- Post added at 08:55 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:54 PM ----------

Again, this is all things I have read and learned, no first hand experience. I would call and make sure with whoever you order through that this will work
Understand the brembos...so the tire measurement is different for slicks? 15 inch Jegstar Wheel 10 inch wide what is the 28?

No worries, it is more than I know...I'm going to the track in September with a club, I will probably just run on all stocks since it will be my first time...but I'm looking into my crystal ball and see more track time.
Old 07-13-2012, 08:07 PM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by avengnd

Understand the brembos...so the tire measurement is different for slicks? 15 inch Jegstar Wheel 10 inch wide what is the 28?

No worries, it is more than I know...I'm going to the track in September with a club, I will probably just run on all stocks since it will be my first time...but I'm looking into my crystal ball and see more track time.
the 28 is how tall the tire is. being 28 inches tall
Rapinator126 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2012, 08:08 PM   #7
Road Trip!

Region: Indiana
Quote:

28" is the overall tire height. If you search online you can use a tire converter that will convert normal tire sizes to inches. Or I posted some good tire info in the 79-95 gt useful mustang information sticky thread. We have a converter and even a took where u can put certain size tires on different rims and see what they look like.
dreamstang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2012, 08:12 PM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamstang View Post
28" is the overall tire height. If you search online you can use a tire converter that will convert normal tire sizes to inches. Or I posted some good tire info in the 79-95 gt useful mustang information sticky thread. We have a converter and even a took where u can put certain size tires on different rims and see what they look like.
Sweet, I'll check it out. Thanks.
Old 07-13-2012, 08:31 PM   #9
Road Trip!

Region: Indiana
Quote:

Sweet, I'll check it out. Thanks.
your welcome. hopefully you will find some useful info.
dreamstang is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT