Procharger or Paxton.. 5.0 373s 6MT.. Gotta make decision today! - Page 2 - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 07-15-2012, 11:13 AM   #36
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Canada
Re: Procharger or Paxton.. 5.0 373s 6MT.. Gotta make decision today!

Paxton is big. As long as you can live with that you have all the room to grow you could want with that HU's specs.

Personally, my car sees more road miles than track duty and I don't fancy rebuilding this engine to handle mega-power levels so, I'd go more for blasting grunt part throttle (P1SC Procharger) or a PD blower.
5LHO is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-15-2012, 11:18 AM   #37
Registered Member
Regular

Region: North Carolina
Quote:
Originally Posted by 5LHO
Paxton is big. As long as you can live with that you have all the room to grow you could want with that HU's specs.

Personally, my car sees more road miles than track duty and I don't fancy rebuilding this engine to handle mega-power levels so, I'd go more for blasting grunt part throttle (P1SC Procharger) or a PD blower.
Hmmm, well you def have me something to think about. So the Paxton will lag basically bc of the bigger head unit?
JG5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2012, 11:42 AM   #38
Registered Member
Regular

It's not "lag" in the traditional sense of turbo lag. It's just going to be slower to respond around town and at part throttle because the intake velocity is lower, its volume is so much greater and the step-up is less. That's reality.

The basic P1SC Stage 1 Procharger is still well over 500 wheel hp on mustang dynos, that tend to read closer to reality than dynojets. You can still grow with that head unit but, not as much with the Paxton, probably in the low-mid 600s at the most.

The Paxton is widely documented to support over 700 horsepower but, the stock engine won't live too long behind that and you'll be well served buying a bunch of supporting mods like headers/exhaust, clutch, etc. Going that way, I think you would be better off buying a tuner kit and having it tuned locally. You're just pulling the tongue out pretty far for email tunes at that point, in my humble opinion.
5LHO is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-15-2012, 12:20 PM   #39
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5LHO
It's not "lag" in the traditional sense of turbo lag. It's just going to be slower to respond around town and at part throttle because the intake velocity is lower, its volume is so much greater and the step-up is less. That's reality.

The basic P1SC Stage 1 Procharger is still well over 500 wheel hp on mustang dynos, that tend to read closer to reality than dynojets. You can still grow with that head unit but, not as much with the Paxton, probably in the low-mid 600s at the most.

The Paxton is widely documented to support over 700 horsepower but, the stock engine won't live too long behind that and you'll be well served buying a bunch of supporting mods like headers/exhaust, clutch, etc. Going that way, I think you would be better off buying a tuner kit and having it tuned locally. You're just pulling the tongue out pretty far for email tunes at that point, in my humble opinion.
Cool. I'm gon leave the car alone other then the kit So that's why I wasn't gonna get a tuner kit. I just saw the bigger numbers and badass sound of the Paxton hence the bigger unit I guess. It will be the blower, axel backs which I have already and then some wheels and suspension work.
Old 07-16-2012, 12:15 AM   #40
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Florida

Shelby puts paxton superchargers on their cars
ScrewedUp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2012, 12:20 AM   #41
Road Trip!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScrewedUp
Shelby puts paxton superchargers on their cars
? On what Shelby? The cs6 and cs8 that is just a kit with the most cost effective supercharger(cheapest).
2011gt85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2012, 12:36 AM   #42
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2011gt85

? On what Shelby? The cs6 and cs8 that is just a kit with the most cost effective supercharger(cheapest).
I think he means that that's all they offer on their site. I saw the same thing a while ago when somebody else said it.
Old 07-16-2012, 07:43 AM   #43
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Florida

Quote:
Originally Posted by JG5.0 View Post
I think he means that that's all they offer on their site. I saw the same thing a while ago when somebody else said it.
What he said
ScrewedUp is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT