Just left the dealership - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT

Closed Thread

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 07-18-2012, 01:16 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Georgia
Just left the dealership

So I had to take my '12 GT to the shop because lately after start up it's been acting a little crazy. When I turn the car off and then back on again within a few minutes, if I press the gas the car would hesitate or sound like it's choking out before revving. Also, every once in a while it would jerk almost as if I wasn't giving it enough gas when letting off the clutch. Anyway, after spending 3 hrs at the dealer they realized there was an update for my computer. They are pretty sure this will solve the problem so we will see. I can tell you though the car feels noticeably different.

If anybody else is having this issue, you may need to take a trip to the dealer!

2012 kona blue gt, GT500 exhaust, tinted windows, J&M Panhard bar, Steeda Ultralites, Koni STR shocks and struts, GT500 strut mounts, SR Performance shifter, Steeda Shifter Bracket, 20" Giovanna Monzas..damn I need more money!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-18-2012, 04:49 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New Jersey
All new mustangs have a hesitation if u rev it right after starting it... u have to give the ecu a few seconds before ripping right into it... when I first got mine I was kinda nervous, then I tried it on a couple other new mustangs and they all do it... so I felt relieved
Old 07-18-2012, 05:21 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Re: Just left the dealership

Well the thing is it only did it after I had been driving it, not first thing in the morning. Also I never just rip into it, it even happened when gradually accelerating. Anyway, apparently there was an issue because there was an update that was created that was tied to this problem.

2012 kona blue gt, GT500 exhaust, tinted windows, J&M Panhard bar, Steeda Ultralites, Koni STR shocks and struts, GT500 strut mounts, SR Performance shifter, Steeda Shifter Bracket, 20" Giovanna Monzas..damn I need more money!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-18-2012, 07:27 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New Jersey
Yea it happens all the time after it being warm, only for a few seconds after starting it, I always noticed that weird hesitation by pressing lightly on the gas.... even after I tuned it, it still does it... its a little embarrassing especially if ur showing off ur exhaust but I'm used to it by now
Old 07-19-2012, 12:51 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California

You'd think with the computers that would be a thing of the past. I know the hotrod my BiL and I are playing with does this--but it's a beat-up old cobbled together 351W & has some timing & carb issues causing it (slowly getting ironed out).
Old 07-19-2012, 02:37 PM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

It's only been a day and a half since the update but it hasn't done it sense. I just don't understand how that could be normal but I'm no mechanic either.

Closed Thread

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT