Hotchkis? - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 07-19-2012, 12:55 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California
Hotchkis?

Is anyone running any Hotchkis suspension parts? Opinions?

I've seen their pro touring Camaro & pickups running the autocrosses at some Goodguys show and it's unnatural watching those old cars going around the cone like they are on rails. Seems like they know a thing or two. I'm also kind of partial to supporting local vendors--and I can literally walk to them from my office.
claudermilk is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-30-2012, 12:45 AM   #2

Send a message via AIM to mtntrekker01
Re: Hotchkis?

I'm picking up my car tomorrow with the complete TVS package installed. My office is close to them as well. I'll let you know how it rides.
mtntrekker01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2012, 09:10 AM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Thanks. It seems like not much of anybody in the Mustang community uses them.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-30-2012, 09:51 AM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Illinois

I had full front/rear sway bars on my old SRT4 (with TIEN springs, energy suspension bushings, bilstein shocks). That damned car would carve a turn like a champ all day, no body roll whatsoever...makin' the ACR guys' jaw drop regularly.

The Hotchkiss bars were exceptional quality, and I really liked the spherical end linkages. Decent price for how solid they were, too.

I dunno if many guys on here do the full suspension build, seems like most just do the springs (for looks) and the LCAs (for wheel hop).

Hotchkiss makes a good product. Not sure if they are 'the' choice for mustangs, but ive had great experiences with them on my other vehicles.
Marcie; Black 2013 GT. MT82, .373, track + brembo, JLT CF CAI, Boss Manifold, MGW StS, Blowfish Trans Bracket & Driveshaft Loop, Whiteline trans bushing, RP motor & tranny oils, Flowmaster Outlaws, BMR UCA w/ mount, LCA w/ relo brackets, panhard, SR springs, KONI oranges, J&M CC plates, staggered leguna secas, MT street comps
***A good driver is the best method to get more performance out of any car. ***
AXLEBACKS THREADS =
Rynarok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2012, 09:59 AM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rynarok View Post
I dunno if many guys on here do the full suspension build, seems like most just do the springs (for looks) and the LCAs (for wheel hop).

Hotchkiss makes a good product. Not sure if they are 'the' choice for mustangs, but ive had great experiences with them on my other vehicles.
That's kind of what I've been gathering since my OP. As I mentioned I've watched their Pro Touring cars run & it's just unnatural how well those old muscle cars & pickups carve the cones.

Once I do get to suspension mods, it will be more for function over looks--though I like the lowered stance look as much as anyone. From what I've been reading progressive springs are not considered the best for serious cone-dodging--which means the Hotchkis springs dropped down on my wishlist.
Old 08-30-2012, 05:03 PM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Ohio
I have many of the same questions. I'm not really interested in drag racing set up. I would like to explore Autocross and open road course days. I've heard good things about Strano Performance and Hotchkiss as well. I'm really interested in learning if full coil overs are worth it. My goal is maximum all around handling.
Comfort Group
Rear Sensing Pkg.
19" Machined Wheels
dellito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2012, 11:56 PM   #7

I came from a S2000 to a Mustang...I got my power fix, but I found myself longing for the handling. The brake dives and body rolls where driving me crazy. Had the KW Variant 3's at the top of my list and ran across Hotchkis. Check out that 2011 Grabber Blue on Youtube (search 'Hotchkis Mustang'), it's on rails. I decided on the TVS, the whole package from the sway bars, control arms, panhard rod, frame connectors, etc all work together to give it track performance. It's insane, the first thing I noticed is the brakes...they feel twice as strong because the car is balanced way better. I holds like crazy but still takes bumps and ruts. The stance is perfect, it's how a Mustang should look. Check out my garage for pictures.

Old 08-31-2012, 09:35 AM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

Thanks for the review. Where are you located?
Old 08-31-2012, 10:18 AM   #9

Work in City of Industry and live in Chino Hills.
Old 08-31-2012, 12:25 PM   #10
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtntrekker01
I came from a S2000 to a Mustang...I got my power fix, but I found myself longing for the handling. The brake dives and body rolls where driving me crazy. Had the KW Variant 3's at the top of my list and ran across Hotchkis. Check out that 2011 Grabber Blue on Youtube (search 'Hotchkis Mustang'), it's on rails. I decided on the TVS, the whole package from the sway bars, control arms, panhard rod, frame connectors, etc all work together to give it track performance. It's insane, the first thing I noticed is the brakes...they feel twice as strong because the car is balanced way better. I holds like crazy but still takes bumps and ruts. The stance is perfect, it's how a Mustang should look. Check out my garage for pictures.
What did the set up run you?
Intricate30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2012, 12:43 PM   #11

PM me and I'll give you the name and number of the guy that I worked with at shop.
Old 08-31-2012, 01:31 PM   #12
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Georgia
Not that hotchkis isn't a great product but bmr regarded by most to be the best mustang suspension

http://www.bmrsuspension.com/?page=p...d=16&catid=130
Redstang1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2012, 09:09 AM   #13
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by mtntrekker01
I am strongly considering this for my September mod. This is a great review here, thanks for that.

What about rubbing, will stock rubber (19' brembo setup) fit after the lowering? This is holding me back right now, $2k is already hefty, but if I need to get new tires and wheels as well this one may need to wait.
SolidRRaxle is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT