2013 GT BackUp Camera - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2014 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT

Join Mustang Evolution Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 07-20-2012, 08:05 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Greg3 is unknown around these parts
2013 GT BackUp Camera

Hello all, 2013 Blk Mustang GT/Premium MT (Delivered on 6-31-12). I was wondering if it was toooooo late to order from Ford the BackUp Camera and have it installed in my GT. If there is a plug in option for it in the trunk harness, etc. I have the Electronics Package, but decided not to order the Camera, because I was thinking of changing the stock rear spoiler to the Shelby or maybe the Roush in the future and didn't want any problems. Now I decided that I will not change the stock lip spoiler and I am sorry I didn't order the Rear Backup Camera.

Does anyone or has anyone done this before (I kind of doubt it) and has any suggestions before I go to the dealer and look like any idiot. I read of one forum member who ordered the Backup Camera with the Stock spoiler and then replaced the stock spoiler with the Shelby GT500 spoiler and drilled the new spoiler and reinstalled the camera into the Shelby one.
The camera and wiring were already there of course.
I would not really want to run new wiring or make cuts and splices anywhere to the factory harnesses. I thought maybe there might be a plug and play type connector or something back there for future indecisive idiots as myself.
So what do you all think about my little problem.

Thank you for any suggestions of feedback.

Old 07-22-2012, 10:42 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Jackal43x is unknown around these parts
Send a message via Yahoo to Jackal43x Send a message via Skype™ to Jackal43x
You can always add it. I would also check an auto sound place they do great work with hiding rear cams wherever you want, and might be cheaper than Ford.

Jackal43x is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 10:48 AM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

mtnman325 is unknown around these parts
I installed an Echomaster VM150 on the underside of my 2013 GT spoiler, was a plug and play. The factory has a hole on the underside of the trunk lid that lines up with the second from the left (facing the rear of the car) support to the spoiler. Use a hole saw and cut into the hollow spoiler. Then remove the spoiler, mount the camera using a 1/8" wedge 3" from the rear face of the spoiler. Works perfect.
Old 01-08-2013, 01:42 AM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Greg3 is unknown around these parts
Do you have picture of the Echomaster VM150 installed and/or a sequence of installation. Love to see it.
Like I said way back in the summer. I got just about everything else except the camera, because I was planning on changing the factory spoiler to a Shelby GT500 factory spoiler. A shame you can't have that as an factory option. Well now I decided I like the Gt spoiler, so it goes.

Thank you for sharing,
Old 01-08-2013, 10:10 AM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

mtnman325 is unknown around these parts
I posted a picture with the original post here. If you can't find it, then send a note to me with a return e mail and I will send you the shot.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2014 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT