Off-Road X and Axle backs - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT

Join Mustang Evolution Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 07-21-2012, 12:44 AM   #1
Registered Member
Region: Wisconsin
Off-Road X and Axle backs

Hey guys! I was curious if I were to install axle backs on a stock 5.0, would I see and HP gains? And how do Off-road X pipes effect HP? Any recommendations on one or either of these products for quality and HP gains?

tgmeyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2012, 01:46 AM   #2
Registered Member
Region: Virginia
With a tune and o/r xpipe could pick up 15whp ish... I have a jlt cold air o/r x pipe and flow masters and did a dyno tune with pro dyno at mustang week and laid down 427whp and 418wtq I'm pretty pleased with that haha

2012 GT 5.0
6speed manual
flowmaster super 10's
lethal performance o/r x pipe
BAMA sct tuner
35% tint all the way round
medicespo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2012, 03:26 AM   #3
Registered Member
Region: Louisiana
O/R x pipe for sure. Axle backs are just for sound basically.
2011 Gt, Mt-82, C&L cai, SSW catback
Bama can tune, gutted cats
Godspeed wheels 20x8 up front 20x10 on rear
Raxiom switchback turn signals, Black billet grill
Tinted tail lights and markers
86custom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2012, 04:54 AM   #4
Registered Member
Region: North Carolina
Re: Off-Road X and Axle backs

O/R X-Pipe connected to a great exhaust on back will really give you probably more like 18-25 HP depending on what you use on back and tune quality.I promise you a O/R X and stockish Pipe and axlebacks you will not gain as much.Are you running 93-Race tune from Bama??Are you using stock air box?(which is fine) Be sure to tell all you mods again plus the O/R X-Pipe when you have them write the new tunes.If its not smooth all the way through the pull; datalog with Livelink and get it tweaked.
The PROS: The O/R X-Pipe will for sure give you the feel of more power!! 15-18 RWHP is expected. CONS: Depending on the rest of your exhaust it will be Race car loud.As in be careful getting in it around town playing or you may get pulled.Idle is all good. To be honest I liked the sweet sound of my catted X to my Borla Stringers better sound note wise.Its not the loud that bothers me.The thing was little loud with the catted X but it just sounded beautiful.I'm just sticking with the O/R X because I do love the power to much to go back anytime soon.Still think we all need to be on 15'' Weld and Serious competion drag radials.Serious grip issues!!A MT 275/50/15 or 60 would be nice for us all.....LOL. MGW's whole 9 yards they offer should be stock...LOL.Only thing is driving around on the drag radial will wear so fast its crazy.Needs to be for sure not a daily driver.
Anyway,Got off topic do to discuss with my little problems off wanting it perfect .Go for the O/R X-pipe if you want power.Be hip on your states inspection laws.I got my car inspected and put it on that night.If you dislike pull it and sell.JMO. P.S. Just was reading this thread again before posting."TGMEYER" If you are all stock you will "HAVE" to get a tune to put the O/R X on and also you will benefit greatly from the tune. As for my Question:I was asking "MEDICESPRO"
2012 Prem. w/ GB insert stripe/stitch , M6,Brembo, 3.73,Stock Air-Box,93-R Tune,Borla Catback w/ X-Pipe,FRPP-"K" Springs,BMR PH Bar,BMR Upper support brace,BMR Reloc. Brackets,CHE Lca's, Koni Struts/Shocks, Jlt cc,Saleen grill, Hydrocarbon Center console/stereo surround,Formula One Tint, MGW w/ speedawg ball match seat inserts,SOS Dual Aeroforce Guages,MT82 Amsoil MTF.METCO Uca/Ucm, Shaftmasters DS
back n a stang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2012, 06:34 AM   #5
The Blue Dragon
Region: Kentucky
Yup, agree with most of the above, no gains from axlebacks, or at best 1-2 hp gain which doesn't equate to anything, offroad xpipe 15-25 hp with good tune, but that mostly in the higher end of the rpm range, as in ~3500+ rpms. I have GT500 axlebacks and offroad xpipe and it is the perfect combo IMO
New quick exhaust video

AUGUST 2012 MOTM!!!!
GrabberBlue5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT