Mustang Evolution Forum banner

Ordering new 2103 mustang

3K views 30 replies 12 participants last post by  winslow16 
#1 ·
I am getting ready to order a new 2013 mustang. My my local dealers in FL can't seem to keep any in stock. I am leaning heavy toward GT premium in candy red. I was wondering if purchasing the track package is worth it or will my money be better spent in after market parts? Also is the security package and comfort packages worthwhile? Should i consider a 302 instead? When I visited my dealership yesterday, they had no manual transmissions on the lot for me to test drive and the sales person knew much less about e options and colors than I did. Any advice, comments, pictures, experiences would be appreciated.

#2 ·
IMO if you have the money to get a boss I would. But as far as extra options it's all what you want and like. I have a 2013 gt premium. It's deep impact blue. I got the brembo brake package and 3.55 gears. I love it. I've put borla catback exhaust on it and have the windows tinted so far.

#4 ·
The Boss is obviously a superior performance package to the GT ... but it's essentially a base GT interior. My car is my daily driver, and I wanted the nicer interior and went with a GT premium instead. I wish the track pack existed for 2012's ... it gives you some of Boss-like features but keeps your premium interior. At the end of the day, it really depends on how you're going to use your car. Personally for what you get the track pack is a pretty good deal IMO.

#6 ·
Mine is a base manual, with .373 rear diff, brembos, trackpack w/ torsen.

I didn't want the leather seats, but the Recaros from the Boss are pretty nice. I opted out of the lighting pkg, comfort pkg, Nav pkg, upgraded audio stuff (just a base Sync in mine). I hear the track apps thing is neat, but...again, I don't HAVE to have it.

My car is literally a 5.0 manual with all of the performance parts included, and none of the so-called 'Cadillac' options.

I'm not hating on premiums at all here, but I didn't need or especially want those options; I'm also the kind of car guy that likes to install and build my own car over time. If you do not plan to build it out, buy the nice stuff and you'll probably be happy with it.

I'd also like to point out that the power difference between a base 5.0 and a Boss disappears with a CAI + tune...which sets you back around 6-700 dollars (opposed to paying an extra 7-8k for a boss that comes with the cool recaros, shifter, and stickers and front splitter). The boss does have some nice things about it, notably forged internals and a bigger intake manifold...again, look at why you want a 5.0 before you buy one. The Boss is a track-ready car. The premium is a nice car. The base is cheaper and has a less nice interior than a premium.

#13 ·
As stated above, depends on what you want, if you track the car buy a boss, if you want a rare car buy the boss, if you want a more powerful factory car with warranty buy the boss, if these don't really matter to you, option the GT however you want. If you don. Track the car then don't get track pack, just get brembo pack. Sounds to me like you're going to change wheels anyways so don't worry about premium wheels. If you just want an awesome car to mod buy a base GT and save money for mods

#16 ·
sonicstanggt said:
Damn good looking car man.
Thanks! I love it!

---------- Post added at 07:57 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:55 PM ----------

Robsgam said:
Wow. After seeing that color in real pictures I may have changed my mind. I have apt tomorrow to test drive GT premium in that color. Thanks everyone for the advice!
Yea it looks even better in person. No problem! Good luck!

#20 ·
Mine is much like Rynarok's. Base GT manual with 3.73 axle, Brembos, and the Recaro seats. IMHO, the base interior is plenty nice and I personally prefer cloth interiors to leather (less heat in the summer & less slippy when really wringing the car out). With the Boss, I'd be afraid to mod it much with it being a special model.

BTW, good choice of color Robgam--but I'm biased.

#23 ·
I have a Race Red GT Premium... Nav Package and Comfort Package. The Nav was a must-have for me, but my ONLY reason for getting the Comfort Package was to have the Pony Projection Light. So if you're not into that kinda thing, it's really not necessary.... just my opinion. Good luck and keep us posted.

#25 ·
So much for dealer inventory. The car I was supposed to look at was already sold. #%@&$*+#%

At least this dealer had a 6 speed for me to test drive. Made all the BS disappear (briefly). They said they were going to look up incoming inventory and see if they were expecting anything that would match up what I was looking for before they would factory order one. So far no word. I find it troubling that I have to almost beg and plead to purchase new car from these dealers. Stay tuned. I may be up to dealer #3 tomorrow.

#27 ·
Mine had little indentations on the front bumper for lining up the front license plate. From what I've heard, they come like that.

Not full holes, just little tiny indentations. I filled it in with some colored wax and it's hard to notice them

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.