Mustang Evolution Forum banner

Paxton 2200SL installed

3K views 11 replies 5 participants last post by  Jukens 
#1 ·
Just finished installing my tuner kit with Jon Lund tune and Injector Dynamics 1000s today. Going to install the boost regulated BAP next weekend but had a couple questions. What are the best spark plugs to use with F/I? I know Paxton says to stay away from platinum's. Also I have had spark blowout under boost in a previous car and I am experiencing those symptoms at top end right now and was wondering if running out of fuel would have the same symptoms or would I just run lean?

#5 ·
Just realized I didn't gap my plugs to .35. Still at factory gap. Going to try that before ordering new plugs. From my understanding spark plug blowout occurs mostly with boosted applications where it can actually blow out the spark at high rpm/ boost which decreasing the plug gap takes care of.

#6 ·
Are u running a wide band and what psi are u at. I would assume oem temp spark plugs would be okay as long as boost aint that high.

---------- Post added at 06:25 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:22 PM ----------

GrabberBlue5.0 said:
would different heat range plug make a difference for this? also what do you mean by spark plug blowout?
Spark plug blow out is a older car problem I.e.. 04-08 f159s had 3 threads where the plug was in the head. Cases had happen where the plug and the threads was blew out the head, spark blow is blowing the fire out of the plug of that makes sense

#8 ·
Spark plug blow out is a older car problem I.e.. 04-08 f159s had 3 threads where the plug was in the head. Cases had happen where the plug and the threads was blew out the head, spark blow is blowing the fire out of the plug of that makes sense
this is what I had in mind, I know that alot of the old 5.4 trucks had this problem

---------- Post added at 09:35 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:34 PM ----------

gapping may help, can't say for sure. sounds like it should from what you say though

#7 ·
Waiting on Aeroforce gauge/ boost adapter and I am running stock pulley but with an open cai type filter so it should be between 8-9 lbs of boost. Stock plugs should be fine as long as they aren't fouled and I re-gap them.

---------- Post added at 09:26 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:25 PM ----------

Stang.racr said:
Are u running a wide band and what psi are u at. I would assume oem temp spark plugs would be okay as long as boost aint that high.

---------- Post added at 06:25 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:22 PM ----------

I was referring to the spark itself being blown out due to the large gap size and boosted application.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.