Bama ghost tune. - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 07-23-2012, 03:13 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Louisiana
Bama ghost tune.

Well I few weeks ago I said I had a bama ghost tune. I finally loaded Friday sorry it took so long to post a video. This is a bama tune.
Raxiom switchback turn signals, Black billet grill
Tinted tail lights and markers
86custom is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-23-2012, 03:16 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: North Dakota
Any issues? What other mods? Sounds really good!
Mweigt07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2012, 03:22 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

The quality isn't that great cause I didn't realize it was out of focus till after.

---------- Post added at 03:19 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:17 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mweigt07
Any issues? What other mods? Sounds really good!
Just dies on me whenever I pop the throttle when cold kinda like a real cam. No real issues yet

---------- Post added at 03:22 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:19 PM ----------

All I have is SSW cat back exhaust with BBK cat deletes and a C&L cai.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-23-2012, 05:04 PM   #4
AmericanMuscle.com
Sponsor

Region: Pennsylvania
Re: Bama ghost tune.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 86custom View Post
Well I few weeks ago I said I had a bama ghost tune. I finally loaded Friday sorry it took so long to post a video. This is a bama tune.
86custom,

Sounds sick! I'm a huge fan of the Ghost Cam.

Let me know how you like the tune as you put a few more miles on that beast! Also hit me up if you run into any issues. We've had great results so far so I don't see you running into any problems!

Thanks for shopping with AM, we greatly appreciate it!

- Dan
Bama Direct: 888.226.9764| Mon-Fri 9AM-5:30PM EST
FREE SAME-DAY SHIPPING IN THE US-48 AND PRICE MATCHING!
AMDanBailer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2012, 05:42 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Will do Dan. I don't know how long I'm going to run it because it actually jerks my wife and kids around when idling through the parking lots. I think it's cool but the wife don't lol. That's why I like the tune because I can change it if I don't like it for everyday use.
Old 07-23-2012, 06:09 PM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Missouri
Quote:
Originally Posted by 86custom
Will do Dan. I don't know how long I'm going to run it because it actually jerks my wife and kids around when idling through the parking lots. I think it's cool but the wife don't lol. That's why I like the tune because I can change it if I don't like it for everyday use.
Wives always ruin the fun stuff lol

2015 Mustang GT Premium. No mods yet.
Jgill1992 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2012, 06:10 PM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California
Where n how can I get this tune?!?!?!?
BossFiveOh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2012, 06:51 PM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New Jersey

How do we get this tune if we have a bama tune alreadY?!?

Need an off road x for it right?
SilverBullet12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2012, 06:57 PM   #9
Registered Member
Regular

I think it calls for a Cai and catless xpipe or delete pipe. Also i think it has to be mt because the at seem to die a lot. I think that's why bama doesnt offer it as a option because it could be dangerous for the auto guys not 100% sure though. Whenever your filling out the form at the bottom there is a little box and it'll ask if there is anything else you would want to add to the tunes, ask for the ghost cam tune to be incorporated into the tunes.
Old 07-23-2012, 06:58 PM   #10
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by 86custom View Post
I think it calls for a Cai and catless xpipe or delete pipe. Also i think it has to be mt because the at seem to die a lot. I think that's why bama doesnt offer it as a option because it could be dangerous for the auto guys not 100% sure though. Whenever your filling out the form at the bottom there is a little box and it'll ask if there is anything else you would want to add to the tunes, ask for the ghost cam tune to be incorporated into the tunes.

Awesome thanks! time to spend some money on a catless X LOL
Old 07-23-2012, 09:19 PM   #11
The Blue Dragon
Regular
Supporter

Region: Kentucky

is negative feedback welcome 86custom?

AUGUST 2012 MOTM!!!!
GrabberBlue5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2012, 09:32 PM   #12
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrabberBlue5.0
is negative feedback welcome 86custom?
Try your hardest I'm not out to please anyone just figured I would let the rest of the guys with bama tuners know that there is a cam tune for there tuner.
Old 07-23-2012, 09:41 PM   #13
The Blue Dragon
Regular
Supporter

Not bashing, just don't think the bama ghost cam is up to par with others I have heard, maybe it's the poor sound quality of the video but it sounded to me like when you were revving the motor it was trying to continue the "cammed" timing and sounds like it would make for a very jerky ride just like you said it does. The other tuners were able to produce a cammed tune that did not jerk and the cam like sound would dissipate when revving the engine past idle

---------- Post added at 10:41 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:35 PM ----------

Quote:

Try your hardest I'm not out to please anyone just figured I would let the rest of the guys with bama tuners know that there is a cam tune for there tuner.
I'm not on here to be an @$$ lol, just here to be honest learn and have fun!

AUGUST 2012 MOTM!!!!
Old 07-23-2012, 09:49 PM   #14
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Not bashing, just don't think the bama ghost cam is up to par with others I have heard, maybe it's the poor sound quality of the video but it sounded to me like when you were revving the motor it was trying to continue the "cammed" timing and sounds like it would make for a very jerky ride just like you said it does. The other tuners were able to produce a cammed tune that did not jerk and the cam like sound would dissipate when revving the engine past idle
Well I wouldn't consider that negative feedback cause it's true. It does seem like it continues the cam feel up to around 750 rpm. Even when it's idling in every gear you can still hear the cam sound. It doesn't bother me though. My cam tune was free so I pleased with it. I almost paid another tuner $200 cause it took bama awhile to release the cam tune. Glad I waited.

---------- Post added at 09:49 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:43 PM ----------

And yes it was poor quality it came from my phone. Wish I would have filmed it with my Nikon but i didn't have it with me. Next time it will be in HD1040p and hopefully it'll pic up the sound better.
Old 07-23-2012, 09:51 PM   #15
The Blue Dragon
Regular
Supporter

Well I said negative feedback because everyone else liked it so far but me... Can't complain about free though lol.

AUGUST 2012 MOTM!!!!
Old 07-24-2012, 10:15 AM   #16
Site Sponsor
Sponsor

I love the sound of our "Ghost Cam" too! For you guys that are wondering, the requirements to have this tune is 11-13 GT's with CAI, O/R mid-pipe, and a manual trans. If you fit the requirements, we'll easily be able to hook you up if you're interested.

86Custom- when you said it feels like it continues the "cammed" timing up to 750rpm, did you mean a higher rpm by mistake? I only ask because the idea of the "cammed" tune is to behave just like a radically cammed car. Most cars like that actually idle around 900rpm or higher depending on the setup. We are trying to target the true behavior of a radically cammed Mustang, so idling rough at 750rpm makes sense to me. Now if it continues to be very high on the rpms, that's another story. Just curious of your feedback, thanks for posting a video of your tune up! It sounds nasty!

Shane
Bama Hotline: 888.226.9764 | M-F 9AM-5:30PM EST
WIN A $1500 MMD STYLING PACKAGE
Free Same-Day Shipping!
AMWill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2012, 10:17 AM   #17
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by AMShaneLesky View Post
I love the sound of our "Ghost Cam" too! For you guys that are wondering, the requirements to have this tune is 11-13 GT's with CAI, O/R mid-pipe, and a manual trans. If you fit the requirements, we'll easily be able to hook you up if you're interested.

86Custom- when you said it feels like it continues the "cammed" timing up to 750rpm, did you mean a higher rpm by mistake? I only ask because the idea of the "cammed" tune is to behave just like a radically cammed car. Most cars like that actually idle around 900rpm or higher depending on the setup. We are trying to target the true behavior of a radically cammed Mustang, so idling rough at 750rpm makes sense to me. Now if it continues to be very high on the rpms, that's another story. Just curious of your feedback, thanks for posting a video of your tune up! It sounds nasty!

Shane
Hey Shane,
I have the Borla S Type catback exhaust with the xpipe in it already. If i buy Cat deletes will that also work???? Thanks!!
Old 07-24-2012, 10:57 AM   #18
It's not me, it's you.
Regular
Supporter

Region: Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by AMShaneLesky

Shane
Can the Ghost Cam tune be saved along with my 93 tune on my tuner? Will I have to remove one of my tunes or all of them to load the Ghost Cam tune?
primer2tone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2012, 01:55 PM   #19
Registered Member
Regular

im glad i signed up on this site today and seen this thread. i was getting ready to pay $200 for 1 tune to get the cammed idle now i can get it from bama and be covered under warrenty this is great
winslow16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2012, 07:32 PM   #20
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by AMShaneLesky

Shane
Thanks Shane I've been getting mixed compliments so far. It seems like only car nuts think it sounds cool everybody else think there's something wrong cause they've never hard a newer car sound so lopey. I guess it is normal to be rough at 750 at the time I posted it I couldn't remember exactly what rpm it was either way I like it. Glad I was able to help promote the bama Cammed tune and look forward to spending more money through American Muscle. As often as its said the customer service is top notch cause I know, I've prolly bothered some of the bama guys and they always keep there cool.
Old 07-24-2012, 07:34 PM   #21
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Missouri
Dammit I want cams!!!!!!!

2015 Mustang GT Premium. No mods yet.
Jgill1992 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2012, 07:35 PM   #22
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by primer2tone

Can the Ghost Cam tune be saved along with my 93 tune on my tuner? Will I have to remove one of my tunes or all of them to load the Ghost Cam tune?
They would have to send you new tunes I only have my race tune incorporated with the Cammed profile.
Old 07-24-2012, 10:02 PM   #23
Registered Member
Regular

Region: North Carolina

I also flashed to the BAMA ghost cam tune. I am 43 years old and have had several mustangs modded,69 camaro cammed,chevelle and was at drag strips as a kid. I will be honest....This tune Bama sent today sounds great.I am not having any drivability issues like some of my old school cammed cars.My car had been sitting for over 30 hours without starting when I put it in.It took a minute to warm up and settle out and then it went to loping.Once warm, it has great manners.Nothing unusual coming to a stop or pulling off.I pulled in a gas station and under the canopy I had 3 different people tripping out asking about the car.I am a HP junkie but not looking to do alot of racing people and the track is once in a blue moon for me,so it's great for my desire.I did the car in neutral for minute or two with and then without A/C.I think this is how it helps the car learn fuel trims and get idle straighten out.Overall I am impressed.I thought I would be snatching it out in know time and going back to another tune.Pulls up to 6600 tonight felt good. Thanks AM/BAMA! This I believe is gonna be better than some of the other ghost cam tunes that are or were out there.Only got a hour of driving it,so I will be in touch if I need help or tweaked.The only thing I noticed right off around town stopping and going was fuel consumption was more.But who gives a f*ck.
2012 Prem. w/ GB insert stripe/stitch , M6,Brembo, 3.73,Stock Air-Box,93-R Tune,Borla Catback w/ X-Pipe,FRPP-"K" Springs,BMR PH Bar,BMR Upper support brace,BMR Reloc. Brackets,CHE Lca's, Koni Struts/Shocks, Jlt cc,Saleen grill, Hydrocarbon Center console/stereo surround,Formula One Tint, MGW w/ speedawg ball match seat inserts,SOS Dual Aeroforce Guages,MT82 Amsoil MTF.METCO Uca/Ucm, Shaftmasters DS
back n a stang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2012, 10:27 PM   #24
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Florida
Quote:

So when was this released?! Wonder if it loses any power compared to their regular race tunes ?
coyote414 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2012, 10:29 PM   #25
The Blue Dragon
Regular
Supporter

Correct me if I'm wrong but I don't think it has been released for public sale, I'm pretty sure it's just in its final development stages and they're now using it on customer cars for R&D, or at least that's what I have gathered from their various posts about this combined with the info given to me by others

AUGUST 2012 MOTM!!!!
Old 07-24-2012, 11:19 PM   #26
Registered Member
Regular

Actually they've had it awhile on their own cars. I really don't know why it took so long for them to offer it to the public. Guess theyre more worried about making depending tunes then cammed tunes. Really I think they would have sold a lot more tuners if it was released earlier. When I first heard the cammed idle tune I was set on getting buying a tuner. The way I found out that bama was releasing the tune was off of this forum.
Old 07-25-2012, 01:49 AM   #27
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California
Damn I really want this tune. But hearing the some of the negative feedbacks is scaring. I'm still confused though, IS IT OR IS IT NOT available to the public??!! Thanks.

---------- Post added at 01:49 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:47 AM ----------

And do I need any specific mods for this tune? I currently have a boss manifold, jlt intake and bama 91 race tune.
BossFiveOh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2012, 04:45 AM   #28
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by BossFiveOh
Damn I really want this tune. But hearing the some of the negative feedbacks is scaring. I'm still confused though, IS IT OR IS IT NOT available to the public??!! Thanks.

---------- Post added at 01:49 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:47 AM ----------

And do I need any specific mods for this tune? I currently have a boss manifold, jlt intake and bama 91 race tune.
Yes it's out to the public why would we have if it wasnt. And the requirement list is already mentioned above by Shane. Negative feedback??? Didn't realize they're we're any besides the gas consumption. I burned so much has just listening to it idle. As far as them RandDing I think that's what theyve been doing the last year and a half. Prepare for your face to hurt from smiling the whole time.
Old 07-25-2012, 05:25 AM   #29
Registered Member
Regular

Region: North Carolina

I have no negative feedback either other than the first 10 minutes of the tune settling in and re-learn going on.Wanted to cut off almost when I backed up but didn't do that again after driving. The car had been sitting for over 30 hours with no starts when I flashed the cam tune.
I will drive this morning and give more feed back for people who are interested.If I am correct putting the parking brake on and car in neutral and let idle a few minutes....then with a/c on for few minutes helps the car learn idles.It's what I always do when I run new tune.Performance wise it feels the same as without cam tune.Only dyno could prove if we are losing anything.For sure no gains obviously for just the ghost cam part of the tune
2012 Prem. w/ GB insert stripe/stitch , M6,Brembo, 3.73,Stock Air-Box,93-R Tune,Borla Catback w/ X-Pipe,FRPP-"K" Springs,BMR PH Bar,BMR Upper support brace,BMR Reloc. Brackets,CHE Lca's, Koni Struts/Shocks, Jlt cc,Saleen grill, Hydrocarbon Center console/stereo surround,Formula One Tint, MGW w/ speedawg ball match seat inserts,SOS Dual Aeroforce Guages,MT82 Amsoil MTF.METCO Uca/Ucm, Shaftmasters DS
back n a stang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2012, 08:10 AM   #30
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New York
I just put my cam tune in. Car does the lopey thing up until 1,400rpm? Well I haven't driven the car yet so maybe it'll change later. It's currently on jack stands but I have to say it sounds so fckng bad ***
Yellow50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2012, 08:10 AM   #31
The Blue Dragon
Regular
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yellow50
I just put my cam tune in. Car does the lopey thing up until 1,400rpm? Well I haven't driven the car yet so maybe it'll change later. It's currently on jack stands but I have to say it sounds so fckng bad ***
Jack stands? Putting on gold wheels? Lol jk

AUGUST 2012 MOTM!!!!
Old 07-25-2012, 08:15 AM   #32
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

Jack stands? Putting on gold wheels? Lol jk
You know he is! Jk, lol.
DWC_SmOziLLa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2012, 08:42 AM   #33
Lorraine's driver

Regular

Region: Indiana

Quote:
Originally Posted by AMShaneLesky View Post

Shane
You make me sad Shane! No ghost tune for me
Old 07-25-2012, 09:29 AM   #34
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Illinois

Sounds awesome.

Now I got to convince the wife to lemme do exhaust work before asking BAMA for this tune...
Marcie; Black 2013 GT. MT82, .373, track + brembo, JLT CF CAI, Boss Manifold, MGW StS, Blowfish Trans Bracket & Driveshaft Loop, Whiteline trans bushing, RP motor & tranny oils, Flowmaster Outlaws, BMR UCA w/ mount, LCA w/ relo brackets, panhard, SR springs, KONI oranges, J&M CC plates, staggered leguna secas, MT street comps
***A good driver is the best method to get more performance out of any car. ***
AXLEBACKS THREADS =
Rynarok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2012, 10:38 AM   #35
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New York

Name:   image-892862742.jpg
Views: 835
Size:  455.7 KB

I also noticed my car doesn't do the cam lope thing until I blip the throttle. Normal?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg image-2592052150.jpg (550.1 KB, 266 views)
Yellow50 is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT