Mustang Evolution Forum banner

5.0 vs gt500

2K views 15 replies 13 participants last post by  clowery64 
#1 ·
Would any one trade in a 11 5.0 prim coupe(37k) for a pre 10 gt500 convertible with less than 20k miles if payments were almost equal. I ask bc i miss my convertible so i would only trade up to the shelby. Can't afford a new one and could wait until the 15s comes out and start again depending on how they look. Thoughts?

#6 · (Edited)

That why I got a 2013 GT California Special vert, Race Red loaded, this is a bad a$$ looking ride, very close to the GT500 in looks plus I need a automatic, My loaded down GT/CA Special, with all options MSRP just over $48K, with A plan priceing just under $42K, I also have a eCoupon from Barrett-Jackson car auction $500 and there's a rebate on the GT' of $1K, I'm getting a lot of car for the $$$. This ride has reto muslce car look, I dig it, I just sold a 2011 GS Vert. Vette, I always needed an extra seat, this Mustang is very cool!!! I feel very bless, most of the Vette crowd is not my kind of people, I have own over 6 Vettes, this is my 2nd Mustang. My 1978 Stang hatchback was my #1st new car. I'm glad to be part of the group!!! Ride on...:headbang::cool::good::good::cheers:

#12 ·
pulley/tune will give you far more than 60hp. Mine stock was 360/360 and with intake/exhaust/pulley/tune I am at 472/493 of course its just the 4.6L version the 5.4 does more for the input.

#9 ·
I don't think I would, I've been spoiled on the stuff like sync and all the interior features. Going to a Pre 2010 would feel like the stone age coming back at you. However, you are looking at an opportunity to own one of the most historically significant cars with the passing of Mr. Shelby and all. It is indeed a tough choice, good luck!

#13 ·
SpectorV said:
pulley/tune will give you far more than 60hp. Mine stock was 360/360 and with intake/exhaust/pulley/tune I am at 472/493 of course its just the 4.6L version the 5.4 does more for the input.
Thanks for the info, wasn't sure so I low balled, didn't wanna sound like an idiot saying pulley and tune will give like 200 hp lol

#14 · (Edited)
SpectorV said:
What? Lol what gt500 has a 4.6l? What 5.0 has the same tq as hp?

Edit...ah you talking about a svt cobra?

---------- Post added at 08:03 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:59 PM ----------

If it was my daily driver I would stay with the 5.0, but of its just a toy and weekend warrior then definitely go with the gt500.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.