2013 headlights on a 2010? - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 07-24-2012, 06:39 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

2013 headlights on a 2010?

Anyone know if it would work? I like the stock HID and projectors. I don't want any jap crap HIDs. Lol and the daytime led strips look cool
black9D5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-24-2012, 07:25 PM   #2
Staff
Blogger
Staff

Region: Georgia
Send a message via Skype™ to 99ford
Quote:
Originally Posted by black9D5
Anyone know if it would work? I like the stock HID and projectors. I don't want any jap crap HIDs. Lol and the daytime led strips look cool
I like your style. I'd imagine they work, but you can check bulb sizing at this link
http://www.sylvania.com/en-us/applic...s/lrgmain.aspx

If that didn't help you out it at least bummed the thread.
Old 07-24-2012, 07:35 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Virginia
If you find out, please post.
NAVYGUY is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-24-2012, 08:47 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

I'm wondering if the LEDS run off of the parking lights or if they can be spliced. Will do some research tonight
black9D5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2012, 08:48 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Michigan
I have an '11 with HID from the factory. They were an option in '11 and I believe an option in '10 as well. I am not sure if everything you need wiring wise is on your car already. Be warned the HID light assemblies are expensive. I had a stone crack the clear cover on he assembly. Insurance covered the fix minus a 150 deductible. The HID headlight assembly is 1150 a piece from Ford. Not available in aftermarket like raxiom.
guzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2012, 08:55 PM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by guzie
I have an '11 with HID from the factory. They were an option in '11 and I believe an option in '10 as well. I am not sure if everything you need wiring wise is on your car already. Be warned the HID light assemblies are expensive. I had a stone crack the clear cover on he assembly. Insurance covered the fix minus a 150 deductible. The HID headlight assembly is 1150 a piece from Ford. Not available in aftermarket like raxiom.
Dang...yay for insurance huh?
Old 07-24-2012, 08:57 PM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Michigan
Yep. HID are standard now so everyone getting the new ones get to pay the same high price.
guzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2012, 09:07 PM   #8
The Blue Dragon
Regular
Supporter

Region: Kentucky
Re: 2013 headlights on a 2010?

don't think it will due to the changes in the front fascia. on 10-12 headlight is on top of front bumper cover and underneath hood, on 13 it is placed in the front bumper cover. it is possible the shape of the light housing remained the same, but not likely and even less likely that it bolts in the same way

I'm all for you doing the hard work though let us know how everything turns out!

AUGUST 2012 MOTM!!!!
GrabberBlue5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2012, 09:24 PM   #9
Staff
Blogger
Staff

Region: Georgia
Send a message via Skype™ to 99ford
Quote:
Originally Posted by GrabberBlue5.0
don't think it will due to the changes in the front fascia. on 10-12 headlight is on top of front bumper cover and underneath hood, on 13 it is placed in the front bumper cover. it is possible the shape of the light housing remained the same, but not likely and even less likely that it bolts in the same way

I'm all for you doing the hard work though let us know how everything turns out!
Interesting that they changed the design. It sounds like the basic set-up was the same until 2013.
Old 07-25-2012, 11:43 AM   #10
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California

Yeah, the front fascia changed a lot. I am running into that--there's many options for the '11 & '12's for things like chin spoilers. Not so much for the '13 yet.

I am pretty sure the LED strips work on the parking lights. I would not be surprised to see the wiring harness quite different since the lighting is changed so much and has different requirements. With enough research & effort I'm sure it could work, but I don't think it would be a simple plug-in swap.
claudermilk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2012, 11:56 PM   #11
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Colorado
Send a message via Yahoo to Jackal43x Send a message via Skype™ to Jackal43x
It'll only work on 10-12s that have factory HIDs already. Halogen headlights run a three wire set up while the OEM HIDs run a four wire. Tried installing OEM HIDs on my '10 with Halogens.
Jackal43x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2012, 01:00 PM   #12
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Delaware

the headlights are the same dimensions and mounting points between the years!!! with that said... the 10+ cars with hid's have a different harness on the back controlling the hid's.. the 13's have a different plug and they don't run off of the parking lights.... it is a new harness and is not just a plug in play swap!!!!
Stang8psi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2012, 10:59 PM   #13
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Colorado
Send a message via Yahoo to Jackal43x Send a message via Skype™ to Jackal43x
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stang8psi
the headlights are the same dimensions and mounting points between the years!!! with that said... the 10+ cars with hid's have a different harness on the back controlling the hid's.. the 13's have a different plug and they don't run off of the parking lights.... it is a new harness and is not just a plug in play swap!!!!
Have you personally researched this, or seen it in person. I've been meaning to, just haven't gotten under the hood of a 13
Jackal43x is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT