2013 headlights on a 2010? - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT



Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 07-24-2012, 06:39 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular
 
black9D5's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 223
2013 headlights on a 2010?

Anyone know if it would work? I like the stock HID and projectors. I don't want any jap crap HIDs. Lol and the daytime led strips look cool
black9D5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 07-24-2012, 07:25 PM   #2
Staff
Blogger
Staff
 
99ford's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Region: Georgia
Posts: 6,120
Send a message via Skype™ to 99ford
Quote:
Originally Posted by black9D5
Anyone know if it would work? I like the stock HID and projectors. I don't want any jap crap HIDs. Lol and the daytime led strips look cool
I like your style. I'd imagine they work, but you can check bulb sizing at this link
http://www.sylvania.com/en-us/applic...s/lrgmain.aspx

If that didn't help you out it at least bummed the thread.
__________________
Check out the Official ME gear page for site t-shirts, decals, and bottle openers: http://www.mustangevolution.com/foru...2/#post1670281
99ford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2012, 07:35 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular
 
NAVYGUY's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Region: Virginia
Posts: 207
If you find out, please post.
__________________
2010 GT Prem 400A Kona Blue
Manual, TrackPack, Electronics, Comfort, 3.73 & Security Packages, HID's
Mods: Flowmasters, GT/CS Rear Spoiler, Steeda Underdrive Pulleys, JLT Oil Separator, MMD Hood struts, ... more parts on their way
NAVYGUY is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 07-24-2012, 08:47 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular
 
black9D5's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 223
I'm wondering if the LEDS run off of the parking lights or if they can be spliced. Will do some research tonight
black9D5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2012, 08:48 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular
 
guzie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Region: Michigan
Posts: 182
I have an '11 with HID from the factory. They were an option in '11 and I believe an option in '10 as well. I am not sure if everything you need wiring wise is on your car already. Be warned the HID light assemblies are expensive. I had a stone crack the clear cover on he assembly. Insurance covered the fix minus a 150 deductible. The HID headlight assembly is 1150 a piece from Ford. Not available in aftermarket like raxiom.
guzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2012, 08:55 PM   #6
Registered Member
Regular
 
gweze001's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Pensacola
Region: Florida
Posts: 190
Quote:
Originally Posted by guzie
I have an '11 with HID from the factory. They were an option in '11 and I believe an option in '10 as well. I am not sure if everything you need wiring wise is on your car already. Be warned the HID light assemblies are expensive. I had a stone crack the clear cover on he assembly. Insurance covered the fix minus a 150 deductible. The HID headlight assembly is 1150 a piece from Ford. Not available in aftermarket like raxiom.
Dang...yay for insurance huh?
__________________
2010 GT, Airaid CAI with BAMA 87 Performance Tune, and Flowmaster Outlaws
gweze001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2012, 08:57 PM   #7
Registered Member
Regular
 
guzie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Region: Michigan
Posts: 182
Yep. HID are standard now so everyone getting the new ones get to pay the same high price.
guzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2012, 09:07 PM   #8
The Blue Dragon
Regular
Supporter
 
GrabberBlue5.0's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Louisville
Region: Kentucky
Posts: 5,661
Re: 2013 headlights on a 2010?

don't think it will due to the changes in the front fascia. on 10-12 headlight is on top of front bumper cover and underneath hood, on 13 it is placed in the front bumper cover. it is possible the shape of the light housing remained the same, but not likely and even less likely that it bolts in the same way

I'm all for you doing the hard work though let us know how everything turns out!
__________________
New quick exhaust video

AUGUST 2012 MOTM!!!!
GrabberBlue5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2012, 09:24 PM   #9
Staff
Blogger
Staff
 
99ford's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Region: Georgia
Posts: 6,120
Send a message via Skype™ to 99ford
Quote:
Originally Posted by GrabberBlue5.0
don't think it will due to the changes in the front fascia. on 10-12 headlight is on top of front bumper cover and underneath hood, on 13 it is placed in the front bumper cover. it is possible the shape of the light housing remained the same, but not likely and even less likely that it bolts in the same way

I'm all for you doing the hard work though let us know how everything turns out!
Interesting that they changed the design. It sounds like the basic set-up was the same until 2013.
__________________
Check out the Official ME gear page for site t-shirts, decals, and bottle openers: http://www.mustangevolution.com/foru...2/#post1670281
99ford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2012, 11:43 AM   #10
Registered Member
Regular
 
claudermilk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Region: California
Posts: 598
Re: 2013 headlights on a 2010?

Yeah, the front fascia changed a lot. I am running into that--there's many options for the '11 & '12's for things like chin spoilers. Not so much for the '13 yet.

I am pretty sure the LED strips work on the parking lights. I would not be surprised to see the wiring harness quite different since the lighting is changed so much and has different requirements. With enough research & effort I'm sure it could work, but I don't think it would be a simple plug-in swap.
claudermilk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2012, 11:56 PM   #11
Registered Member
Regular
 
Jackal43x's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Colorado Springs, CO
Region: Colorado
Posts: 398
Send a message via Yahoo to Jackal43x Send a message via Skype™ to Jackal43x
It'll only work on 10-12s that have factory HIDs already. Halogen headlights run a three wire set up while the OEM HIDs run a four wire. Tried installing OEM HIDs on my '10 with Halogens.
__________________
Benjamin C. Connery, Owner
Rising Phoenix Automotive, LLC
Founder, Operation: Rising Phoenix
Jackal43x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2012, 01:00 PM   #12
Registered Member
Regular
 
Stang8psi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Region: Delaware
Posts: 110
Re: 2013 headlights on a 2010?

the headlights are the same dimensions and mounting points between the years!!! with that said... the 10+ cars with hid's have a different harness on the back controlling the hid's.. the 13's have a different plug and they don't run off of the parking lights.... it is a new harness and is not just a plug in play swap!!!!
Stang8psi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2012, 10:59 PM   #13
Registered Member
Regular
 
Jackal43x's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Colorado Springs, CO
Region: Colorado
Posts: 398
Send a message via Yahoo to Jackal43x Send a message via Skype™ to Jackal43x
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stang8psi
the headlights are the same dimensions and mounting points between the years!!! with that said... the 10+ cars with hid's have a different harness on the back controlling the hid's.. the 13's have a different plug and they don't run off of the parking lights.... it is a new harness and is not just a plug in play swap!!!!
Have you personally researched this, or seen it in person. I've been meaning to, just haven't gotten under the hood of a 13
__________________
Benjamin C. Connery, Owner
Rising Phoenix Automotive, LLC
Founder, Operation: Rising Phoenix
Jackal43x is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


» Like Us On Facebook



09:07 PM


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0

MustangEvolution.com is in no way associated with or endorsed by Ford Motor Company.