BORLA S TYPE A/B's - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT



Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 07-25-2012, 05:38 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular
 
Merben50's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Region: Illinois
Posts: 187
BORLA S TYPE A/B's

Just got them today and my two friends and I Installed them. Took about 1hr and 30 min. Had to remove a piece off the right axle back because it just didn't fit. This video does NOT do these borla's Justice at all, but as promised I made a crappy video and will post!

Merben50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 07-25-2012, 05:42 PM   #2
The Blue Dragon
Regular
Supporter
 
GrabberBlue5.0's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Louisville
Region: Kentucky
Posts: 5,661
Sounds like a winner Merben!!
__________________
New quick exhaust video

AUGUST 2012 MOTM!!!!
GrabberBlue5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2012, 05:59 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular
 
Merben50's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Region: Illinois
Posts: 187
Re: BORLA S TYPE A/B's

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrabberBlue5.0 View Post
Sounds like a winner Merben!!
Thanks! Trust me on this the video doesn't portray this master piece's at all!
Merben50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 07-25-2012, 06:02 PM   #4
The Blue Dragon
Regular
Supporter
 
GrabberBlue5.0's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Louisville
Region: Kentucky
Posts: 5,661
I completely understand, I have a few YouTube vids, and they don't make my exhaust sound as it should either lol, crappy iPhone microphones
__________________
New quick exhaust video

AUGUST 2012 MOTM!!!!
GrabberBlue5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2012, 06:20 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular
 
Merben50's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Region: Illinois
Posts: 187
Re: BORLA S TYPE A/B's



Hope this video does Justice to the Borla's
Merben50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2012, 06:22 PM   #6
Registered Member
Regular
 
bluemonster13's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Region: California
Posts: 453
Quote:
Originally Posted by Merben50
Just got them today and my two friends and I Installed them. Took about 1hr and 30 min. Had to remove a piece off the right axle back because it just didn't fit. This video does NOT do these borla's Justice at all, but as promised I made a crappy video and will post!

I have the borla s type catback and I love it.
__________________
2013 Mustang GT Premium
brembo package
heat extractor hood
3.55 Gears
Borla "s" type catback exhaust
20% tint alll around.
bluemonster13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2012, 07:48 PM   #7
Registered Member
Regular
 
Merben50's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Region: Illinois
Posts: 187
Re: BORLA S TYPE A/B's

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluemonster13 View Post
I have the borla s type catback and I love it.
I would 2, but I didn't have the money for the catback. Hopefully I can somehow buy the mid pipes as well!
Merben50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2012, 08:02 PM   #8
Registered Member
Regular
 
bluemonster13's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Region: California
Posts: 453
Quote:
Originally Posted by Merben50

I would 2, but I didn't have the money for the catback. Hopefully I can somehow buy the mid pipes as well!
The only reason I had the money was from my deployment and GI bill money.
__________________
2013 Mustang GT Premium
brembo package
heat extractor hood
3.55 Gears
Borla "s" type catback exhaust
20% tint alll around.
bluemonster13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2012, 08:19 PM   #9
Registered Member
Regular
 
AirAndAsphalt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Region: Florida
Posts: 84
So I've noticed that the majority of users on this forum who have purchased Borla's have gone with s type rather than the ATAK system....why? Is there a reason besides not wanting it to be so loud/aggressive? To me, the ATAK sounds soooo much meaner. I'm confused as to why so many people have the s types! Am I missing something?
__________________
Superiority in the Air....and on the Road
AirAndAsphalt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2012, 08:44 PM   #10
Registered Member
Regular
 
bluemonster13's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Region: California
Posts: 453
IMO its a good set up. Aggressive sound when getting on it and a low rumble when at idle and just cruising. You can have a normal conversation with someone in the car and hear the radio also.
__________________
2013 Mustang GT Premium
brembo package
heat extractor hood
3.55 Gears
Borla "s" type catback exhaust
20% tint alll around.
bluemonster13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2012, 08:52 PM   #11
Registered Member
Regular
 
wheelman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Region: Connecticut
Posts: 1,187
Quote:
Originally Posted by AirAndAsphalt
So I've noticed that the majority of users on this forum who have purchased Borla's have gone with s type rather than the ATAK system....why? Is there a reason besides not wanting it to be so loud/aggressive? To me, the ATAK sounds soooo much meaner. I'm confused as to why so many people have the s types! Am I missing something?
With s-types on an otherwise stock 13 GT w/ 3.73s Im setting off car alarms around me without even really getting into it. Plenty loud enough for me but Im still doing side exits for occasional fun. Id worry the Ataks would push the db limit at my track!
wheelman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2012, 11:55 PM   #12
Registered Member
Regular
 
Merben50's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Region: Illinois
Posts: 187
Re: BORLA S TYPE A/B's

Quote:
Originally Posted by AirAndAsphalt View Post
So I've noticed that the majority of users on this forum who have purchased Borla's have gone with s type rather than the ATAK system....why? Is there a reason besides not wanting it to be so loud/aggressive? To me, the ATAK sounds soooo much meaner. I'm confused as to why so many people have the s types! Am I missing something?
The ATAK's Have 100% drone and are super loud with a ring to it that imo dont like. The S type is deep medium loud until WOT and have no drone. I'm also going to upgrade my exhaust system in the future so didn't want to have massively loud exhaust then when upgraded a super mega crazy loud with a ring on it A/B. Imo the ATAK's are too loud and obnoxious for my taste.
Merben50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2012, 12:32 AM   #13
Registered Member
Regular
 
ccorlet's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Region: Arizona
Posts: 51
Nice job. You made a great choice. I love my s-type Borla exhaust. I have a video in the At The Track forum where you can hear mine. Enjoy!
__________________
2012 Mustang GT
ccorlet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2012, 11:09 AM   #14
Registered Member
Regular
 
claudermilk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Region: California
Posts: 598
Re: BORLA S TYPE A/B's

Quote:
Originally Posted by Merben50 View Post
The ATAK's Have 100% drone and are super loud with a ring to it that imo dont like. The S type is deep medium loud until WOT and have no drone. I'm also going to upgrade my exhaust system in the future so didn't want to have massively loud exhaust then when upgraded a super mega crazy loud with a ring on it A/B. Imo the ATAK's are too loud and obnoxious for my taste.
Good info. I guess I'll be more happy with the Roush I'm looking at then. Drone=bad, especially with the wife in or driving the car.
claudermilk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2012, 11:15 AM   #15
Registered Member
Regular
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Region: Oregon
Posts: 36
Re: BORLA S TYPE A/B's

Quote:
Originally Posted by Merben50 View Post
The ATAK's Have 100% drone
This is incorrect -- All 3 Borla exhausts for 2010+ Mustangs (Touring, S-type, Atak) are guaranteed by Borla not to have drone, and by all accounts, other than a design problem with early release Touring models that was quickly fixed, this is the case.

For me, I went S-type because the Atak didn't sound the way a muscle car should -- much more Lotus-ey, if that makes sense (small, Euro sports car sound), with a higher, buzzier pitch than I wanted for a Mustang 5.0!
12gtpdx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2012, 04:06 PM   #16
Registered Member
Regular
 
Merben50's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Region: Illinois
Posts: 187
Quote:
Originally Posted by 12gtpdx

This is incorrect -- All 3 Borla exhausts for 2010+ Mustangs (Touring, S-type, Atak) are guaranteed by Borla not to have drone, and by all accounts, other than a design problem with early release Touring models that was quickly fixed, this is the case.

For me, I went S-type because the Atak didn't sound the way a muscle car should -- much more Lotus-ey, if that makes sense (small, Euro sports car sound), with a higher, buzzier pitch than I wanted for a Mustang 5.0!
I thought they said that on their video that it does have done. Maybe I heard wrong. Same here on the pitch the atak doesnt muscle car e enough for me. I love my s types!
Merben50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


» Members Mustangs

OOOOO

OOOOO

Big Red

Shockesh
Add your Mustang
» Like Us On Facebook



02:02 AM


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0

MustangEvolution.com is in no way associated with or endorsed by Ford Motor Company.