2013 GT Vs 2011 GT - Page 2 - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 07-28-2012, 02:19 PM   #36
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Missouri
Re: 2013 GT Vs 2011 GT

Quote:
Originally Posted by tgmeyer View Post
See I felt that the 10-12 looked cheap. The unpainted side panels and back defuser just feels like Ford wanted to save paint. The 13's come with standard HID, standard LED taillights. Many great improvements! I don't know how it looks cheap..
I thought the opposite. The one place that is going to get hit the most with rocks and heat is the lower portion of the car. My wife's TL has a painted rear bumper right above the exhaust and the paint over the years has become contaminated from the heat and buffing barely brings out a shine. If it wasn't for someone hitting my wife's car in the rear, I was about to get the bumper repainted or at least clear coated to try and bring back the original shine.

Also, I'd like to go with carbon fiber accents and found some pretty cool side and rear diffuser from trucabon. Like the look of unpainted carbon fiber.

Trucarbon Mustang Carbon Fiber rear diffuser
Trucarbon Mustang Side Skirts
poloka is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-28-2012, 02:58 PM   #37
Registered Member
Regular

Region: South Carolina
Quote:
Originally Posted by poloka

I thought the opposite. The one place that is going to get hit the most with rocks and heat is the lower portion of the car. My wife's TL has a painted rear bumper right above the exhaust and the paint over the years has become contaminated from the heat and buffing barely brings out a shine. If it wasn't for someone hitting my wife's car in the rear, I was about to get the bumper repainted or at least clear coated to try and bring back the original shine.

Also, I'd like to go with carbon fiber accents and found some pretty cool side and rear diffuser from trucabon. Like the look of unpainted carbon fiber.

Trucarbon Mustang Carbon Fiber rear diffuser
Trucarbon Mustang Side Skirts
Roush side splitters. No worries.
Old 08-27-2012, 12:02 PM   #38
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Indiana

IMO 13's front end looks like a charger.. i like the head and tail lights tho.
MikeC is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-27-2012, 12:25 PM   #39
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeC
IMO 13's front end looks like a charger.. i like the head and tail lights tho.
When I was in the car show last weekend people thought the front end looked like a Shelby
3.55 Gears
Borla "s" type catback exhaust
20% tint alll around.
bluemonster13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2012, 12:53 PM   #40
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Ohio
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluemonster13

When I was in the car show last weekend people thought the front end looked like a Shelby
Probably because it is from a Shelby... I'd venture to say that most auto enthusiasts know the difference between a shelby and a challenger.
Old 08-27-2012, 12:55 PM   #41
The Blue Dragon
Regular
Supporter

Region: Kentucky
Quote:
Originally Posted by Napoleon85

Probably because it is from a Shelby... I'd venture to say that most auto enthusiasts know the difference between a shelby and a challenger.
Yup, and non enthusiasts dont lol. I've had people tell me I have an awesome challenger more than a few times haha

AUGUST 2012 MOTM!!!!
GrabberBlue5.0 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2012, 12:58 PM   #42
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrabberBlue5.0

Yup, and non enthusiasts dont lol. I've had people tell me I have an awesome challenger more than a few times haha
Lol I'd believe it. I had a dude tell me that I had a sweet Camaro, was a friend of a friend that I didn't know and my buddy gave him the look of death and said "dude, that's a Mustang."
Old 08-27-2012, 02:23 PM   #43
The Blue Dragon
Regular
Supporter

Region: Kentucky
Quote:

Lol I'd believe it. I had a dude tell me that I had a sweet Camaro, was a friend of a friend that I didn't know and my buddy gave him the look of death and said "dude, that's a Mustang."
The service writer at the dealer once said to me when I came to pick up my car, "you're here for the Camaro... Err um mustang right?" he was dead serious too

AUGUST 2012 MOTM!!!!
GrabberBlue5.0 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2012, 02:27 PM   #44
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrabberBlue5.0

The service writer at the dealer once said to me when I came to pick up my car, "you're here for the Camaro... Err um mustang right?" he was dead serious too
Oh god ... File that under more reasons Ford doesnt touch my car!
Old 08-27-2012, 02:47 PM   #45
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California
Quote:

I know they got it from the shelby. Yup!
3.55 Gears
Borla "s" type catback exhaust
20% tint alll around.
bluemonster13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2012, 09:56 PM   #46

Region: Virginia

412 HP on premium or 402 HP on 87. This price is a big issue, but consider the difference in interest between new and used. Unless your paying cash, you may find the new car may fit your budget better than the used one. Use a car buying service like COSTCO, USAA, maybe your local credit union, or X-plans through EAA and others. Ordering your car this time of year has possible perks, like an increase in rebates in October. If you order use as many dealers as you can, I used seven, to get the best deal. Who knows, maybe if the deal is really good you may want to add another goody to your ride. Just my 2 cents... Good luck and whatever you pick it's the right choice for you.

2007 Redfire Mustang GT...Sold but not forgotten
skeeter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2012, 10:52 PM   #47
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
With a high performance car, and assuming the price difference is still within ones means, Not a good idea to get used. IMHO.

You don't know how it was driven or maintained. If you plan to push it, even just for fun on the streets, you don't want the car that had the piss beat out of it
(during break in no less).

There is a thread going, 'how fast'. Check that out and assume your used car option had at least that done and maybe in the first 5k miles....
SolidRRaxle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2012, 11:22 PM   #48

Send a message via Yahoo to pcannon167 Send a message via Skype™ to pcannon167

Quote:
Originally Posted by claudermilk View Post
All this hating on the '13 makes me sad. I love the look & picked it over the '12. All a matter of opinion.
Thank you claudermilk! I got a 2013 and I love it. I dropped my 2012 order, partly to wait for the 50th anniversary but could not hold back.

If you think that the '13 is a visual game changer, wait til you see the nex one Ford produces. From what we all may have heard, retro is going out the window.

Have you considered the 2012; it has the steering sensitivity selections as well.

sadly, I think that the 2013 model will be short lived due to the 50th coming out.... That could be a good thing or bad one...

---------- Post added at 11:22 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:21 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidRRaxle View Post
With a high performance car, and assuming the price difference is still within ones means, Not a good idea to get used. IMHO.

You don't know how it was driven or maintained. If you plan to push it, even just for fun on the streets, you don't want the car that had the piss beat out of it
(during break in no less).

There is a thread going, 'how fast'. Check that out and assume your used car option had at least that done and maybe in the first 5k miles....
Good point.
pcannon167 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2012, 11:43 PM   #49
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Arizona

I just got a 11 and put about oh $6k in extra stuff. I have it almost the way I want it. I feel the money was spent making it better then the 13. My brakes are Far better then any Brembo kit made from the dealer. I also set the suspension the way I like it too. I on the other hand really like the new front end, looks great.
ducatibrandon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2012, 11:55 PM   #50

Send a message via Yahoo to pcannon167 Send a message via Skype™ to pcannon167

Quote:
Originally Posted by ducatibrandon View Post
I just got a 11 and put about oh $6k in extra stuff. I have it almost the way I want it. I feel the money was spent making it better then the 13. My brakes are Far better then any Brembo kit made from the dealer. I also set the suspension the way I like it too. I on the other hand really like the new front end, looks great.
Glad to here that you mad a choice that you can live with... You got to post some befor and after pics!

P-Funk
pcannon167 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2012, 11:43 AM   #51
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidRRaxle
Haha yeah. That is exactly why I wont buy a used mustang (or any other high performance car). I think about what I've done to mine as far as mods, track time, and pushing it upwards of 100mph on a fairly regular basis, and I actually treat my car well. Nothing but the highest quality oils and filters. It terrifies me to think about people being as hard on their cars or worse, missing oil changes and/or using ****ty oils.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT

Tags
2011 gt