URGENT:ALL SCT 3015 0r 3000 better lookie - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 07-30-2012, 05:06 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: North Carolina
URGENT:ALL SCT 3015 0r 3000 better lookie

SCT has issued a critical up-date firmware for the S/N starting with XP.....Hey fellows don't forget to return to stock first! Going now to do mine and so hating it. SCT site will confirm this update if you wanna read it.Not much about whats wrong but says "critical".Just a heads up!
2012 Prem. w/ GB insert stripe/stitch , M6,Brembo, 3.73,Stock Air-Box,93-R Tune,Borla Catback w/ X-Pipe,FRPP-"K" Springs,BMR PH Bar,BMR Upper support brace,BMR Reloc. Brackets,CHE Lca's, Koni Struts/Shocks, Jlt cc,Saleen grill, Hydrocarbon Center console/stereo surround,Formula One Tint, MGW w/ speedawg ball match seat inserts,SOS Dual Aeroforce Guages,MT82 Amsoil MTF.METCO Uca/Ucm, Shaftmasters DS
back n a stang is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-30-2012, 07:23 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Re: URGENT:ALL SCT 3015 0r 3000 better lookie

I know there is plenty on here with SCT 3015!!??!! Lot of BAMA tunes and if you got it from them you have the 3015 with S/N starting with XP. Maybe everybody is doing what I just finished. I Ran into some issues but fixed by reloading my desired tunes
2012 Prem. w/ GB insert stripe/stitch , M6,Brembo, 3.73,Stock Air-Box,93-R Tune,Borla Catback w/ X-Pipe,FRPP-"K" Springs,BMR PH Bar,BMR Upper support brace,BMR Reloc. Brackets,CHE Lca's, Koni Struts/Shocks, Jlt cc,Saleen grill, Hydrocarbon Center console/stereo surround,Formula One Tint, MGW w/ speedawg ball match seat inserts,SOS Dual Aeroforce Guages,MT82 Amsoil MTF.METCO Uca/Ucm, Shaftmasters DS
Old 07-30-2012, 07:51 PM   #3
The Blue Dragon
Regular
Supporter

Region: Kentucky
Not sure if mine does or not, I'll check it when I get home from margarita Monday!!

AUGUST 2012 MOTM!!!!
GrabberBlue5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-30-2012, 08:46 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Louisiana
Huh I just uploading mine two weeks ago and they told me I wouldn't need to update it for a while. Maybe I have the latest version I dunno. Sure sucks downloading the firmware. It took me about 7 try's cause their program kept freezing up and it took 2hrs and 40mins to finish.
Raxiom switchback turn signals, Black billet grill
Tinted tail lights and markers
86custom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2012, 09:05 PM   #5
Lorraine's driver

Regular

Region: Indiana
Quote:
Originally Posted by GrabberBlue5.0
Not sure if mine does or not, I'll check it when I get home from margarita Monday!!
Enjoy brother!
Old 07-30-2012, 09:30 PM   #6
The Blue Dragon
Regular
Supporter

Region: Kentucky
Quote:
Originally Posted by Azure

Enjoy brother!
I did! My fiancée and I enjoyed a pitcher, well I enjoyed a pitcher and she enjoyed one glass lol

AUGUST 2012 MOTM!!!!
GrabberBlue5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2012, 12:53 AM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas

Friday i tried to return my car to stock and al hell broke loose. When it hit 100% the lights and gauges flipped out and i got a failed message. After that, the tuner wouldnt recognize when i turned the key. It just wouldnt do anything. even with tuner unplugged, when i turned the key 2 clicks, i got the light and gauge show and wouldnt stop until turning the key off.
Today, i spent almost 5 hours with SCT, trying different things, about 2 hours into it, he asked for the strategy code. There was none. Thats when he said he would have to call me back after talking with their engineers. Hour later he calls, 2 more tries and 2 hours later, we got it back to stock. Then updated the firmware, Put the tunes back on the device and loaded Bamma tune on the car. Runing perfect again now.. I wouldn't recommend plugging the tuner in on a Friday evening.

I hope everyone gets their device updated without this happening.

OrganDonor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2012, 11:27 AM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Ohio

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrganDonor View Post
Friday i tried to return my car to stock and al hell broke loose. When it hit 100% the lights and gauges flipped out and i got a failed message. After that, the tuner wouldnt recognize when i turned the key. It just wouldnt do anything. even with tuner unplugged, when i turned the key 2 clicks, i got the light and gauge show and wouldnt stop until turning the key off.
Today, i spent almost 5 hours with SCT, trying different things, about 2 hours into it, he asked for the strategy code. There was none. Thats when he said he would have to call me back after talking with their engineers. Hour later he calls, 2 more tries and 2 hours later, we got it back to stock. Then updated the firmware, Put the tunes back on the device and loaded Bamma tune on the car. Runing perfect again now.. I wouldn't recommend plugging the tuner in on a Friday evening.

I dont recommend that either. Also sucks they they only have phone support while most people are at work.

Mine flips out every time I upgrade the fw, program freezes up and it has to reload the whole OS. I usually budget about 2 hours for the whole procedure.

I swear, I'm getting a diablosport next time, they can't be worse than this garbage.
Old 07-31-2012, 12:02 PM   #9
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New Jersey

Anyone have any clue why the released this update and wha was goin on??
SilverBullet12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2012, 12:14 PM   #10
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverBullet12
Anyone have any clue why the released this update and wha was goin on??
Who knows. I only update the firmware when I load new tunes.
Old 07-31-2012, 01:10 PM   #11
Lorraine's driver

Regular

Completely ridiculous that it takes that much time to update. Poor execution on SCT's part!
Old 07-31-2012, 04:03 PM   #12
Site Sponsor
Sponsor

Region: Pennsylvania

Everyone should be checking for updated firmware for their SCTs and Bama tuners. However, this update mostly effects newer software tunes. Basically, if you have an 11+ Mustang you should check for the latest firmware update asap, just to have some extra reassurance.

Like I mentioned, everyone should be checking for firmware updates occasionally, now and then. Updating the firmware can only help, especially if you're looking for tune updates. This new firmware is just another update like any other. We've just noticed a few more PCM issues then normal, so we contacted SCT and worked with them for the past few weeks on this recent update.

We haven't released an official notice yet because we want to investigate farther into the matter before we announce anything. We'll keep you guys updated as we get more info!

Let me know if you guys have any other questions. This update can be found on SCT's website!

Shane
Bama Hotline: 888.226.9764 | M-F 9AM-5:30PM EST
WIN A $1500 MMD STYLING PACKAGE
Free Same-Day Shipping!
AMWill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2012, 04:15 PM   #13
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Florida
I have a 10 GT with a 93R tune, I have the SCT tuner but blow by racing did everything for me do I need to take it in to have it fixed? am I going to have a problem with my car if I don't, what do they mean by critical update?
MedicDave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2012, 05:30 PM   #14
Site Sponsor
Sponsor

Region: Pennsylvania

Quote:
Originally Posted by MedicDave View Post
I have a 10 GT with a 93R tune, I have the SCT tuner but blow by racing did everything for me do I need to take it in to have it fixed? am I going to have a problem with my car if I don't, what do they mean by critical update?
MedicDave,

You should update your firmware regardless if there may be a problem. This is eliminates any possible issues. However, if you never get any tune updates and you just want to continue using what you have now, you shouldn't have an issue with a 2010 Mustang.

My advice is to always update your firmware if one is available. You can't go wrong this way!

Shane
Bama Hotline: 888.226.9764 | M-F 9AM-5:30PM EST
WIN A $1500 MMD STYLING PACKAGE
Free Same-Day Shipping!
AMWill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2012, 05:41 PM   #15
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by AMShaneLesky

MedicDave,

You should update your firmware regardless if there may be a problem. This is eliminates any possible issues. However, if you never get any tune updates and you just want to continue using what you have now, you shouldn't have an issue with a 2010 Mustang.

My advice is to always update your firmware if one is available. You can't go wrong this way!

Shane
Ok so I'll take it in then, thanks man.
MedicDave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2012, 05:47 PM   #16
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Utah
I have an 06 gt and have had the same tune on my car and it runs great Im not touching it
jb61101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2012, 06:34 PM   #17
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Illinois
Been there done that. The sct handheld tuner is the biggest piece of garbage I've ever seen. I can never trust it. I've sent mine to sct for repair because of a hang up while trying to do the fw update. Now that I got it back, I was able to load my bama tunes onto the device and then to the car. Days later, I wanted to return to stock, and git the lovely list of errors. Somehow, the device failed to complete loading the stradgy tune. Car wouldn't start and etc. It's a nice tool, but it's very unstable, and to risky to use. Sorry
Struego is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2012, 09:13 PM   #18
Registered Member
Regular

Do NOT install this update. I found out (too late) that it's bricking SCT devices all over the place.

This is all I get on mine now:

Click image for larger version

Name:	image-81030554.jpg
Views:	621
Size:	447.6 KB
ID:	61830
Old 08-01-2012, 10:02 PM   #19
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Alabama
Thanks for the heads up
lBRAlD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2012, 10:05 PM   #20
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Napoleon85 View Post
Do NOT install this update. I found out (too late) that it's bricking SCT devices all over the place.

Attachment 61830
Maybe not man.....Mine done the same thing and all I did was go back to my computer and reload my tunes and BAM it loaded and no problem.Mine done the exact thing when I first tried to reload.I think I lost all my tunes in the device while updating B/C I unplugged and started over B/C it had just stopped downloading but updated when I did it again.Reload your 3 desired tunes and it will work.
Old 08-01-2012, 10:30 PM   #21
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by back n a stang View Post
Maybe not man.....Mine done the same thing and all I did was go back to my computer and reload my tunes and BAM it loaded and no problem.Mine done the exact thing when I first tried to reload.I think I lost all my tunes in the device while updating B/C I unplugged and started over B/C it had just stopped downloading but updated when I did it again.Reload your 3 desired tunes and it will work.
That didn't do it for me. I had to manually send the firmware to the SCT to re-flash it before it work work again (and I'm not going into how to do this since you can seriously **** **** up).
Old 08-01-2012, 11:35 PM   #22
Lorraine's driver

Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Napoleon85

Damn SCT!
Old 08-02-2012, 08:31 AM   #23
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California
Wonder if anyone can figure out how to ratchet up the pressure on SCT-they have miserable customer service-impossible to get tech on the phone...any lawyers out there? This is so inexcusable.
2011 mustang gt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2012, 12:58 PM   #24
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Kansas
Send a message via Yahoo to Tominkc
Quote:
Originally Posted by Napoleon85

Ii was just getting ready to download the firmware on to my device!! But after reading this, I decided not to mess with it!! My 2012 GT 5.0 is running great ! Hate to see everything get screwed up! May just have to change to a different tune!! Any suggestions?
Tominkc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2012, 08:26 PM   #25
Registered Member
Regular

Holy *****. I was ready to order one for my 11 V6 next payday. I had the diablo sport tuner for my 02 GT and had none of the problems I'm reading here.

Shotty service, difficult to get the techs on the phone, shotty programming, tuner doing unexplainable things to the car, lol don't plug it in on Friday, the biggest piece of crap!!!!!! Wow. I was interested in that tuner so I can load the stock tune back on before going back to the dealer for warranty issues but it sounds like a big time hassle.

Sounds like I need to look around for some alternatives.

Anyone else have a different tuner with better results?
Red Stallion 11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2012, 09:04 AM   #26
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Stallion 11
Holy *****. I was ready to order one for my 11 V6 next payday. I had the diablo sport tuner for my 02 GT and had none of the problems I'm reading here.

Shotty service, difficult to get the techs on the phone, shotty programming, tuner doing unexplainable things to the car, lol don't plug it in on Friday, the biggest piece of crap!!!!!! Wow. I was interested in that tuner so I can load the stock tune back on before going back to the dealer for warranty issues but it sounds like a big time hassle.

Sounds like I need to look around for some alternatives.

Anyone else have a different tuner with better results?
From what I've heard the diablosports aren't any better. Everyone uses sct. It may be a total piece of defecation, but it's the best we've got
Old 08-03-2012, 09:38 AM   #27
Registered Member
Regular

So.. Should I go ahead and download the firmware, or just hold off till maybe they can fix the bugs!! .
Old 08-03-2012, 02:05 PM   #28
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tominkc
So.. Should I go ahead and download the firmware, or just hold off till maybe they can fix the bugs!! .
I would wait unless you have problems.
Old 08-03-2012, 04:36 PM   #29
Registered Member
Regular

My car runs great! No problems. When I did install the tune, I took it to house of boost and did a Dyno on it! They said it was running a little lean so the tuner reset the air/ fuel setting and it's been running great not one problem!
Old 08-03-2012, 05:15 PM   #30
Registered Member
Regular

I used my new tuner today and in less than 10 minutes I had installed my new tunes. No problems whatsoever! Since it may be a few more months before I add any more modifications I did not update firmware. I figured that if there were problems they would have them fixed by then and then I could update.
Old 08-03-2012, 05:18 PM   #31
Lorraine's driver

Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by lBRAlD
I used my new tuner today and in less than 10 minutes I had installed my new tunes. No problems whatsoever! Since it may be a few more months before I add any more modifications I did not update firmware. I figured that if there were problems they would have them fixed by then and then I could update.
Wasn't the most recent update to fix random probs with users trying to go back to the stock tune?
Old 08-03-2012, 05:26 PM   #32
Registered Member
Regular

If so I should be fine unless there was some kind of problem downloading stock tune files. I read where it was windows 7 compatibility issues and 2011+ Mustang issues.
Old 08-03-2012, 05:31 PM   #33
Lorraine's driver

Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by lBRAlD
If so I should be fine unless there was some kind of problem downloading stock tune files. I read where it was windows 7 compatibility issues and 2011+ Mustang issues.
I think your good too. It's just a bummer you'll have to spend the time updating down the road.

Glad you are tuned man! Enjoy
Old 08-03-2012, 05:38 PM   #34
Registered Member
Regular

Can't wait!!!
Old 08-03-2012, 06:21 PM   #35
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New Jersey

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrganDonor View Post

i just had mine go crazy on me yesterday. i was switching from one tune to another and it failed and said if the car dont start go back to stock. tried that FAILED car wouldnt start, nothing worked showed all kinds of faults. then read on here to let it sit for an hour or so then try and load the stock tune (which worked) then started it a few times then let it sit for another hour then loaded my performance tune and everything is fine. (never did the update)
winslow16 is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT