Lord, help Primer2tone help his stupid self. - Page 3 - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 08-01-2012, 09:50 PM   #71
Staff
Blogger
Staff

Region: Georgia
Send a message via Skype™ to 99ford
Quote:
Originally Posted by primer2tone
Nah, it's got a big chunk taken out of it. So does the tire... But it's still holding air, which is odd.

---------- Post added at 08:02 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:01 AM ----------

Nice. Thank you!
You should've called Herman and Herman maybe they could get you out of work for a few weeks.
Advertisement

Old 08-02-2012, 06:37 AM   #72
It's not me, it's you.
Regular
Supporter

Region: Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by 99ford

You should've called Herman and Herman maybe they could get you out of work for a few weeks.
Haha, no way man! I love my job! Btw, my shirts finally came in.
primer2tone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2012, 08:27 AM   #73
Staff
Blogger
Staff

Send a message via Skype™ to 99ford
Quote:

Haha, no way man! I love my job! Btw, my shirts finally came in.
Haha! And I was completely joking about calling them. Glad they arrived, I was like I'm buying insurance it seems like the post office in Texas
is really good about loosing things.
Advertisement

Old 08-02-2012, 01:41 PM   #74
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Virginia
Quote:

I installed them myself! The hood got damaged and one of the hood pins broke. I'm gonna go with a different hood this time. Water gets past the ram air induction and it dumps right on my air filter.

http://www.mustangevolution.com/foru....php?p=1052336
Here's a link to my Hood pin install

And here's a link to the hood if you're interested.
http://www.rksport.com/main/part_det...did=15&catid=4
Got it thanks I'll check it all out.
Old 08-03-2012, 09:11 AM   #75
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

My God in Heaven that is terrible!
He's an idiot for sure but thank God he lives to tell about it. He's lucky he didn't hurt anybody or the next bed he'll be sleeping in would be in a jail cell. None the less, I wish him a speedy recovery and the exponential growth of a brain.
Yea he's super depressed in the hospital with two broken legs and half an ear. But he's lucky. But the point is to cherish every minute you have and if some new parts is the worst of it then it's all good!
mustangman5345 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2012, 12:49 PM   #76
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Maryland
Wow! After seeing the pic of the guard rail, I'll bet your *** was definitely puckered thinking you were going over that sucker! Did you leave a hole in the seat? . Wild how the fender is totally gone! Cars can be repaired/replaced.
etc1006 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2012, 03:09 PM   #77
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Montana
Re: Lord, help Primer2tone help his stupid self.

I haven' been here that long, but from what I read you seem like a decent guy. I am sorry for you and know that God was/is watching out for you. If I was within 500 miles we would get some pals and do something absolutely STUPID but safe to get your mind off this tragedy.
Probably start with wings and beer. Not get toilet hugging drunk mind you, but get our thought process right. Then, have our designated driver take us to the store for some super soakers we could fill with cheap cologne and Tabasco so we could reenact the Alamo, you are in TX after all and the sting from the Tabasco would commemorate the event.
Sounds so good I want to come down even though 2000 miles away. I am not insane, just crazy.
Hope this post lessens your pain a little. Thank God for your safety.
Old 08-06-2012, 08:12 AM   #78
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Ohio
Quote:
Originally Posted by manicrodder
I haven' been here that long, but from what I read you seem like a decent guy. I am sorry for you and know that God was/is watching out for you. If I was within 500 miles we would get some pals and do something absolutely STUPID but safe to get your mind off this tragedy.
Probably start with wings and beer. Not get toilet hugging drunk mind you, but get our thought process right. Then, have our designated driver take us to the store for some super soakers we could fill with cheap cologne and Tabasco so we could reenact the Alamo, you are in TX after all and the sting from the Tabasco would commemorate the event.
Sounds so good I want to come down even though 2000 miles away. I am not insane, just crazy.
Hope this post lessens your pain a little. Thank God for your safety.
This is why we need a "post of the day" feature.
Old 08-06-2012, 01:56 PM   #79
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Pennsylvania
Quote:
Originally Posted by Napoleon85

This is why we need a "post of the day" feature.
When i originally read manicrodders post it made me smile. I had to show my wife, she gotta kick outta it. Its like minded people like that make the community so great.
DWC_SmOziLLa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2012, 07:01 PM   #80
Registered Member
Regular

Primer was upset about his car and I wanted to help him cheer up. Hopefully, it did since he has not responded. I have been where he is. I am too far away to do much more than share the immediate Lunacy that came over me.
I have been a member of many forums but posted little. Times are a changing, as I like it here and will contribute when I can.
This applies in spades when I can lift up a Brother.
Old 08-06-2012, 07:32 PM   #81
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Alabama
Quote:
Originally Posted by etc1006
Wow! After seeing the pic of the guard rail, I'll bet your *** was definitely puckered thinking you were going over that sucker! Did you leave a hole in the seat? . Wild how the fender is totally gone! Cars can be repaired/replaced.
My thoughts exactly. The guardrails in Alabama are nothing like this. If you hit it your basically screwed. Your car will look like example B(mr 75 in a 15) except you'll be worse than a hospital bed. Honestly I would h e cried over the car. My mustang is my baby.
Old 08-13-2012, 05:41 AM   #82
It's not me, it's you.
Regular
Supporter

Quote:
Primer was upset about his car and I wanted to help him cheer up. Hopefully, it did since he has not responded. I have been where he is. I am too far away to do much more than share the immediate Lunacy that came over me.
I have been a member of many forums but posted little. Times are a changing, as I like it here and will contribute when I can.
This applies in spades when I can lift up a Brother.
Lol, thanks. I haven't been back to this thread till just now. I appreciate you cheering me up. I'd be lying if I said I'm doing great. My insurance company is dragging *** on my supplement and my mustang is still sitting in my driveway tattered and beaten. It's been two months and I'm actually becoming depressed about the whole situation. I've gained weight, I've not really left my house, except for work and doing stuff with my kids and parents. However, I have managed to save some extra money and will most likely be changing to a different hood and a new set of Steeda wheels and possibly a GT/CS front fascia with fogs. That's my motivation right now. Well, that's where I'm trying to start anyways. That's to everyone whose been supportive I'll be posting as soon as something goes in the right direction. -James

Btw Manicrodder, we don't use tabasco sauce here. We prefer Pace Picante extra hot, it's made by the folks in San Antonio, TX that know what picante sauce should taste like.
Old 08-13-2012, 09:29 PM   #83
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Louisiana
No hot sauce I'd have to move lol. Here in Louisiana that's like ketchup.
Raxiom switchback turn signals, Black billet grill
Tinted tail lights and markers
86custom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2012, 09:46 PM   #84
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Pennsylvania
Hahahahahah. O my... He had good intentions but its a forum, so... Wow. Lol
Edens5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2012, 09:49 PM   #85
Registered Member
Regular

Your spirit seems better and I know what it is like to deal with the whole wrecked car scene.
We must reengineer a bit if you insist on Pace..... It is good but will clog any soaker nozzle with those delicious chunks.
We will have to pump it into balloons and use thong undies as slings!
Take care.
Old 08-15-2012, 07:10 PM   #86
Filibuster

Region: Illinois
Primes 2011 5.0...now with authentic battle damage!..
XXSTEVEO66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2012, 07:19 PM   #87
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Virginia
Quote:
Your spirit seems better and I know what it is like to deal with the whole wrecked car scene.
We must reengineer a bit if you insist on Pace..... It is good but will clog any soaker nozzle with those delicious chunks.
We will have to pump it into balloons and use thong undies as slings!
Take care.
WTF!!! Are you hitting on him? :confused
mustang06gt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2012, 07:20 PM   #88
Filibuster

Region: Illinois
Sorry couldn't help myself..hope the insurance company is gettin there shat together so you can get her back on the road soon!..
XXSTEVEO66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2012, 10:22 PM   #89
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by mustang06gt View Post
No. Just a change in weaponry. A sling-launched Pace balloon cannot be confused for such a thing, just a change in the original strategy!
Old 08-15-2012, 10:56 PM   #90
It's not me, it's you.
Regular
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by XXSTEVEO66
Sorry couldn't help myself..hope the insurance company is gettin there shat together so you can get her back on the road soon!..
Naturally, the insurance is dragging ***. I've ordered parts out of my own pocket and I'll have to settle up with them later. I hope this gets underway soon! I'm running out of money and I'm on borrowed time with the DD.
Old 08-15-2012, 10:58 PM   #91
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by primer2tone View Post
Naturally, the insurance is dragging ***. I've ordered parts out of my own pocket and I'll have to settle up with them later. I hope this gets underway soon! I'm running put of money and I'm on borrowed time with the DD.
I did that too, still took me 6 weeks to get my fracking car back. I'm sorry man ... I feel your pain.
Old 08-15-2012, 11:04 PM   #92
It's not me, it's you.
Regular
Supporter

Quote:

No. Just a change in weaponry. A sling-launched Pace balloon cannot be confused for such a thing, just a change in the original strategy!
You Northerners fight dirty! I'm gonna have to fire back with a bus load of unwed, pregnant, teenage heifers that we seem to have a plethora of here in the south. I hope your welfare system is ready for that one!
Old 08-15-2012, 11:05 PM   #93
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
You Northerners fight dirty! I'm gonna have to fire back with a bus load of unwed, pregnant, teenage heifers that we seen to have a plethora of here in the south. I hope your welfare system is ready for that one!
We have just as many ... and no, it's not.
Old 08-15-2012, 11:08 PM   #94
It's not me, it's you.
Regular
Supporter

I got a good look at the underside of my mustang the other day and it looks like my K member took a pretty good hit. I'm gonna try to get the BMR tubular K member like yours. How's yours holding up btw?
Old 08-15-2012, 11:23 PM   #95
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
I got a good look at the underside of my mustang the other day and it looks like my K member took a pretty good hit. I'm gonna try to get the BMR tubular K member like yours. How's yours holding up btw?
Holding up great, I don't expect any problems with it. The front end feels great except a slight popping I'm getting on the drivers side, but I think it's my strut mount that blew apart when swapping my springs out. I'm hoping it holds up until I get the scratch for struts and can replace it.

Should be no problem getting the K member, just make sure you get the brace too (and the a-arms if you can afford them). It's all about the same price as the Ford parts. If you're going to order it I'll get you contact info for a guy out there.

---------- Post added at 12:23 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:16 AM ----------

You need this:
2005 - 2012 Mustang GT | K-Members | KM018 - K-member, Standard Motor Mounts, Standard Rack Mounts | BMR Suspension - The Leader in High Performance Suspension & Chassis

and this:
2005 - 2012 Mustang GT | A-Arm Support Braces | AAS001 - A-arm Support Brace | BMR Suspension - The Leader in High Performance Suspension & Chassis
Old 08-15-2012, 11:58 PM   #96
It's not me, it's you.
Regular
Supporter

Sweet! Thanks!
Old 08-16-2012, 10:25 AM   #97
Registered Member
Regular

[QUOTE=primer2tone;1269487]You Northerners fight dirty!

I am a relocated southern boy. Florida born! Can't handle no bus load of pregnant dependents though, so will surrender!
Old 08-17-2012, 08:30 AM   #98
It's not me, it's you.
Regular
Supporter

Smart man. Hehe.
Old 08-17-2012, 08:43 AM   #99
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Colorado
Send a message via Yahoo to Jackal43x Send a message via Skype™ to Jackal43x
[QUOTE =Jake] I get mad when someone leans up against my car in fear of scratches. [/QUOTE]

Same here! I'm paranoid of my baby getting hurt.
Jackal43x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2012, 05:09 PM   #100
It's not me, it's you.
Regular
Supporter

I finally got the estimate and first check. I'm not surprised they left out a bunch of stuff and underpaid for most of everything else. No worries, I'm not going to rush to have the car slapped back together. I'm still going to get my wheels, I've already ordered the hood and fascia. Now that I've got the check, I'm gonna order all the suspension parts I'm going to need. It's gonna get expensive, that for sure.
Old 08-17-2012, 05:35 PM   #101
Road Trip!

Region: Indiana
Quote:
I finally got the estimate and first check. I'm not surprised they left out a bunch of stuff and underpaid for most of everything else. No worries, I'm not going to rush to have the car slapped back together. I'm still going to get my wheels, I've already ordered the hood and fascia. Now that I've got the check, I'm gonna order all the suspension parts I'm going to need. It's gonna get expensive, that for sure.
Awsome man. Well not that they are dicking you, but you are able to start moving forward. I can't wait to see the end result.
dreamstang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2012, 05:47 PM   #102
Lorraine's driver

Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamstang

Awsome man. Well not that they are dicking you, but you are able to start moving forward. I can't wait to see the end result.
Yup, gotta agree, getting a dicking is not cool. Glad to hear your moving on strong! it's all about how you carry on after adversity that counts.
Old 08-20-2012, 05:29 PM   #103
It's not me, it's you.
Regular
Supporter

Small update. I finally got my check. I also took out a loan with my bank to help get the extra stuff that I want. The mustang will be seeing a new set of staggered wheels and tires for sure!
Old 08-20-2012, 06:14 PM   #104
Road Trip!

new staggereds FTW. good to hear man.
dreamstang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2012, 07:22 PM   #105
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
So, as promised...

Let me set the scene for you. It was just before dusk. Stepping out of my cold house and feeling the warm outside air hit my face. It was nice out. I decide to drive to work with the windows down.

I'm getting on the expressway, I've got the wind whipping about. I'm listening to the sound of my 5 liter accelerate as I merge with some light traffic. I need to get into the far left lane to merge onto the interstate but there are three cars in that lane moving much slower then I and I felt like I shouldn't have any trouble passing these guys on the right (Even though I'm a strong believer in NOT passing on the right... EVER!)

As I'm approaching the car in the rear, he swerves over across all three lanes of highway. I slam on my brakes and jerk to the right (Big mistake) and I feel the rear start to slide out, I've lost all control and am in for the ride. Nothing I did was helping to pull me away from disaster.

My mustang made a beeline for the guardrail...Attachment 61514
Damn man i hate that,,hope ur all right

---------- Post added at 06:15 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:09 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Missxalii View Post
Wow! At least you're okay. No airbags deployed? You can always find some used parts and just reliant them. That's always cheaper than brand new. But if insurance is covering it there's no point. .
Didnt think of that,,if the bags deploy that would be big money

---------- Post added at 06:22 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:15 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by mustang06gt View Post
lol

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT