O/R H Pipe vs. O/R X Pipe - Page 2 - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 08-21-2012, 08:24 AM   #36
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Florida
Re: O/R H Pipe vs. O/R X Pipe

no offence , just not to my liking, it is too high for me and yes I heard a big difference in sound, and yes Raspy is the word...
Boss IM, with Araid cai, bama 93 race tune, GT500 cat back, jba off-road x-pipe & longtubes, mgw shifter,4.10 gears, Aluminum Flywheel & driveshaft, Adjustable Panhard Rod, BMR adj. uca & lca, BMR relo. brackets, BMR Springs with 1.5" drop, BMR adj. swaybar, BMR tubular K member 1/2 drop motor mounts & BMR tubular A arms, steeda alu. rad. support, aluminum water pump pully, 85mm BBK TB, Rear seat delete. Boss oil cooler, Battery in trunk. AC delete, Evap delete
brianw64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-21-2012, 08:28 AM   #37
Registered Member
Regular

Send a message via Yahoo to KATO

Quote:
Originally Posted by brianw64 View Post
no offence , just not to my liking, it is too high for me and yes I heard a big difference in sound, and yes Raspy is the word...
Well "Raspy" on. Rasp to the world.
Old 08-21-2012, 08:29 AM   #38
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Oklahoma
Quote:
Originally Posted by brianw64
I just ordered the jba long tube headers and the off road h pipe to go with it and hopefully this weekend i can get them on, i will let u guys know how it sounds, but that magnaflow o/r/x pipe should warn people that it makes your car sound like a whiny biiootcchh BEFORE YOU BUY IT...! It does produce nice hp but I will take muscle car rumble over a few horses any day!!
Thats gonna sound awesome!
Jake is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-21-2012, 08:32 AM   #39
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Nebraska

Quote:
Originally Posted by KATO View Post
Soo, did you really hear a difference in the Sound or is it just more fun to Throw around the Word RASPY and sound soo much more like all the other professionals hear that Majored in the term "Raspy"? Did I mention "Raspy"? I meant to say Raspy, cause that is a new a good word Raspy, I don't want to say Raspy too much cause the Raspy people might get upset. You know that word "Raspy" is a new word. Almost like a fruit named "Raspy". If it seemed like I said "Raspy" too much, it's cause I get tired of hearing Raspy, all the time like it's new Mech, Technology. Ask a couple of your neighbors if they know what Raspy is. I have a X pipe, and my neighbors like how it sounds, I have had no one say it sounds "Raspy", WTF?
Raspy, Raspy, Raspy, Raspy, Raspy, Raspy, Raspy, Raspy, Raspy, Raspy, Raspy, Raspy, Raspy, Raspy, Raspy, Raspy, Raspy, Raspy, Raspy, Raspy, Raspy, Raspy, Raspy, Raspy, Raspy, Raspy, Raspy, Raspy, Raspy, Raspy, Raspy, Raspy, Raspy, Raspy, Raspy, Raspy, Raspy, Raspy, Raspy, Raspy, Raspy, Raspy, Raspy, Raspy, Raspy, Raspy, Raspy, Raspy, Raspy, Raspy.
Coyote 5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2012, 08:36 AM   #40
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by KATO
Soo, did you really hear a difference in the Sound or is it just more fun to Throw around the Word RASPY and sound soo much more like all the other professionals hear that Majored in the term "Raspy"? Did I mention "Raspy"? I meant to say Raspy, cause that is a new a good word Raspy, I don't want to say Raspy too much cause the Raspy people might get upset. You know that word "Raspy" is a new word. Almost like a fruit named "Raspy". If it seemed like I said "Raspy" too much, it's cause I get tired of hearing Raspy, all the time like it's new Mech, Technology. Ask a couple of your neighbors if they know what Raspy is. I have a X pipe, and my neighbors like how it sounds, I have had no one say it sounds "Raspy", WTF?
Hey Kato, i dont know why your offended. That was just opinion. He doesnt like the sound of it. I know what he means, he would rather have a deep and throaty sound. But my best friend has x pipe with high flow cats and it sounds amazing. Louder than hell, but i went with off road h, sounds like a beast! Sorry if you mad about something bud??
Old 08-21-2012, 08:39 AM   #41
Registered Member
Regular

I'm feeling a little Raspy now, think I need a drink. I did google it and google said that there is a place in the Himalayers called Rasp. Think I'll visit next summer.
Old 08-21-2012, 09:22 AM   #42
Lorraine's driver

Regular

Region: Indiana
According to thesaurus.com, "throaty" is a synonym of raspy.
Old 08-21-2012, 09:23 AM   #43
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azure
Well excuse me!
Old 08-21-2012, 09:24 AM   #44
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azure View Post
Old 08-21-2012, 09:27 AM   #45
Lorraine's driver

Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jake

Well excuse me!
Hehe!
Old 08-21-2012, 09:32 AM   #46
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Maryland
Quote:
Originally Posted by KATO
Damn dude you sound raspy as f@$k
Srohda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2012, 09:36 AM   #47
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Srohda View Post
Damn dude you sound raspy as f@$k
Good one.
Old 08-21-2012, 10:11 AM   #48
Registered Member
Regular

this is funny s**t, and maybe its my cat backs that make my car raspy with the o r x p? but anyways my car is very loud and i want more of a deep throaty woman,,,ooops i mean sound...and hopefully the h pipe will give that...lol
Boss IM, with Araid cai, bama 93 race tune, GT500 cat back, jba off-road x-pipe & longtubes, mgw shifter,4.10 gears, Aluminum Flywheel & driveshaft, Adjustable Panhard Rod, BMR adj. uca & lca, BMR relo. brackets, BMR Springs with 1.5" drop, BMR adj. swaybar, BMR tubular K member 1/2 drop motor mounts & BMR tubular A arms, steeda alu. rad. support, aluminum water pump pully, 85mm BBK TB, Rear seat delete. Boss oil cooler, Battery in trunk. AC delete, Evap delete
Old 08-21-2012, 10:29 AM   #49
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
this is funny s**t, and maybe its my cat backs that make my car raspy with the o r x p? but anyways my car is very loud and i want more of a deep throaty woman,,,ooops i mean sound...and hopefully the h pipe will give that...lol
It will trust me
Old 08-21-2012, 10:41 AM   #50
Registered Member
Regular

Jake what do u have for cat back exhaust? I have the magnaflow street kit
Old 08-21-2012, 10:59 AM   #51
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Jake what do u have for cat back exhaust? I have the magnaflow street kit
I have Pypes Off Road H pipe, with Pypes Muffler Delete axlebacks
Old 08-21-2012, 11:03 AM   #52
Registered Member
Regular

ok i know the magnaflow was supposed to be a deep rumble but i never used it without the x pipe so never new the true sound of my mufflers
Old 08-21-2012, 11:10 AM   #53
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
ok i know the magnaflow was supposed to be a deep rumble but i never used it without the x pipe so never new the true sound of my mufflers
Yea, throw that h pipe on and see how you like it. Should be loud but deep
Old 08-21-2012, 11:11 AM   #54
Registered Member
Regular

cool i cant wait, the headers are going to b a pita but worth it
Old 08-21-2012, 11:11 AM   #55
Lorraine's driver

Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jake

I have Pypes Off Road H pipe, with Pypes Muffler Delete axlebacks
Wow! I bet that's pretty loud too.
Old 08-21-2012, 11:30 AM   #56
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

Wow! I bet that's pretty loud too.
Haha, oh yea. Im pretty much striaght pipe. It sounds so mean from 0 rpm up to 2k rpm, after 2k it so loud i made some lady carrying papers walking down main street the other day drop th cause i gave it a rev! Haha! Ive gotten so many comments! Love it
Old 08-21-2012, 03:44 PM   #57
Registered Member
Regular

Region: North Dakota
Well I say the x pipe is more like a scream and the h pipe is more of a roar how about that
Mweigt07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2012, 03:44 PM   #58
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mweigt07
Well I say the x pipe is more like a scream and the h pipe is more of a roar how about that
Perfect!
Old 08-21-2012, 05:32 PM   #59
Lorraine's driver

Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mweigt07
And we have a winner
Old 08-21-2012, 08:23 PM   #60
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Maryland
Quote:

And we have a winner
Nice
Srohda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2012, 09:10 PM   #61
Registered Member
Regular

im looking forward to putting on my h pipe and headers, ive done some reaserch and like the sounds of the magnaflow muffler deletes with h pipe and headers, its a nice loud deep roar..
Old 08-21-2012, 09:36 PM   #62
Registered Member
Regular

I have the competitions and they sound really deep I will post a better vid when I get back home
Old 08-21-2012, 10:07 PM   #63
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Illinois
I know I have an 05 but I got an x pipe and yea it's kinda raspy.. But still has a badass deep muscle car sound. From what I read people are saying h sounds more muscle. I'm just saying mine still sounds deep and throaty as well. The rasp hits if you sit on a gear too long in my opinion. But regular shifting, sounds badass !
anthonyrc618 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2012, 11:39 PM   #64
Registered Member
Regular

Yeah the new 5.0 still doesn't hit the notes of a push rod 5.0 but your right at lower rpms it did sound really deep just at high rpms it was just screaming at me
Old 08-22-2012, 03:45 AM   #65
Registered Member
Regular

i like my car raspy and my women throaty. He he throaty
ScrewedUp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2012, 05:17 AM   #66
Lorraine's driver

Regular

^Your so ScrewedUp man! Lol
Old 08-22-2012, 05:24 AM   #67
Registered Member
Regular

I will make a Video of my cars exhaust, anyone know how to do it you tube? amd all I have really is a smart phone to make the vid. I will do now with the raspy and one after with the throaty .. and yes I like my women throaty too..
Old 08-22-2012, 06:25 AM   #68
Lorraine's driver

Regular

If you have an iPhone, you have an option to "send to YouTube". You have to make sure you open the video app and sign in to YouTube. It's pretty handy.
Old 08-24-2012, 07:38 PM   #69
Registered Member
Regular

I got my headers and h-pipe on the car today and say what you will about that x pipe, but those headers WOKE UP THE STANG...wow is amazing now, finally got back my low end torque after putting the Boss intake on...!! I cant wait to see what the numbers are next week...9 hours to remove and replace the headers and h pipe today and that was on jack stands and milking it...if i had an air tool it would of been six.
Old 08-24-2012, 08:45 PM   #70
Lorraine's driver

Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by brianw64 View Post
I got my headers and h-pipe on the car today and say what you will about that x pipe, but those headers WOKE UP THE STANG...wow is amazing now, finally got back my low end torque after putting the Boss intake on...!! I cant wait to see what the numbers are next week...9 hours to remove and replace the headers and h pipe today and that was on jack stands and milking it...if i had an air tool it would of been six.
Did you have to get in updated tune before taking it out and seeing what she'll do?

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT