O/R H Pipe vs. O/R X Pipe - Page 4 - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 09-11-2012, 10:13 AM   #106
Registered Member
Regular

Region: North Carolina
I have long tubes with a catted x and recently got rid of my flowmasters and gained 9hp and 15tq..
Shelby09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-11-2012, 10:17 AM   #107
Moderator Emeritus

Region: Massachusetts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shelby09
I have long tubes with a catted x and recently got rid of my flowmasters and gained 9hp and 15tq..
With the longtubes how is the sound from them? And what did u have to do to the exhaust to make them fit?
Old 09-11-2012, 10:21 AM   #108
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adogg

With the longtubes how is the sound from them? And what did u have to do to the exhaust to make them fit?
Long tubes woke that car up! The x pipe is raspy and sounds good.. The flowmasters were ok, not very loud. I got some ford racing fr500s mufflers. They are pretty much straight thru.. Loud! But at highway speed there is no drone at all. It messed up my tune tho and after getting a re tune I picked up 9hp and 15tq with the supercharger belt slipping. As for header install.. It SUCKS!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-11-2012, 10:25 AM   #109
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:

Long tubes woke that car up! The x pipe is raspy and sounds good.. The flowmasters were ok, not very loud. I got some ford racing fr500s mufflers. They are pretty much straight thru.. Loud! But at highway speed there is no drone at all. It messed up my tune tho and after getting a re tune I picked up 9hp and 15tq with the supercharger belt slipping. As for header install.. It SUCKS!
Lol that sounds like a great car man and for the flowmasters i just got them at the begin of the summer and there wielded on do they really suck for the sound? And can you explain why it sucked so bad lol
Old 09-11-2012, 10:27 AM   #110
Registered Member
Regular

I mean to each his own about sound.. What sounds good to somebody others dont like.. The flowmasters were not loud and aggressive enough for me. The headers suck cuz on a gt500 u gotta drop the k frame and other bs
Old 09-11-2012, 10:33 AM   #111
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
I mean to each his own about sound.. What sounds good to somebody others dont like.. The flowmasters were not loud and aggressive enough for me. The headers suck cuz on a gt500 u gotta drop the k frame and other bs
Man that sounds horrible but i dont think i have to do that on mine and iam really going for the classical mustang sound so losing those flowmaster would help get that sound? And if you ever seen stock 94 gt headers you would want to replace them right away the design of them look like they are no good for the cars performance
Old 09-11-2012, 10:34 AM   #112
Registered Member
Regular

Call Kooks.. There headers r amazing
Old 09-11-2012, 11:05 AM   #113
Moderator Emeritus

Whats the difference between long tube header and shorty off road headers?
Old 09-12-2012, 09:07 AM   #114
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Ohio
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2013_stang_gt
I currently have the roush axlebacks with the jba after cat h-pipe with cat deletes and it is definately not for the faint hearted. Its obnoxiously loud. It has a deep tone to it when your easy on the throttle. Its hard to keep it quiet when u want it to be, ie. at 430 in the morning, cruising by cops to avoid tickets for illegal exhaust. I have definately noticed the power increase though. Im currently looking into high flo cats.
This is all true. I had a very similar setup and it was so loud. I decided to go with different axlebacks instead of putting cats back on though.
Old 09-13-2012, 05:58 AM   #115
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
ok, just heard my exhaust for the first time from the outside with someone else driving it. It sounds pretty damn intimidating. I love it. Next is kooks longtubes and swapping out the over axle piping... If your considering H-pipe and Roush axles then go for it. Wonderful combination. If you have emissions laws then get high flow cats. If not, do cat deletes. and prepare for a permanent grin and constant compliments and evil looks.
2013_stang_gt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2012, 06:29 AM   #116
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Maryland
Does the h pipe give a better sound then the x pipe. I was going to do cat deletes and when it's time for emissions I was just going to put them back on. My friend actually knows a way to past them without putting them back on.
Mustanggt11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2012, 07:05 AM   #117
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mustanggt11
Does the h pipe give a better sound then the x pipe. I was going to do cat deletes and when it's time for emissions I was just going to put them back on. My friend actually knows a way to past them without putting them back on.
H is more of a growl and the x is more raspy... Depending on ur axle back as well.. X generally makes a lil more power because it flows better
Old 09-13-2012, 07:14 AM   #118
Registered Member
Regular

I have the roush axle back!
Old 09-13-2012, 07:19 AM   #119
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Oklahoma
Quote:
You will get many different opinions on that. But for me i love the OR H on my 07. Sounds like muscle! And ive also heard both x and h on the same axlebacks so im not bias to either.
Jake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2012, 07:36 AM   #120
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
I have the roush axle back!
then go h-pipe. ill post video soon
Old 09-13-2012, 07:42 AM   #121
Registered Member
Regular

Sweet thanks stang do you have deleted cats?
Old 09-13-2012, 08:41 AM   #122
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Sweet thanks stang do you have deleted cats?
yes i do and i love them. if you want your car to sound like a beast and for people to move out your way on the road and love the thrill of constantly wanting to be raced by ricers and other muscle cars then by all means this is the setup for you. try the clamp on cat deletes first the get it welded later if you like it!!!!
Old 09-13-2012, 08:46 AM   #123
Registered Member
Regular

Do you leave your resonators on? I don't think I can get the cats welded bec I would have to swap them out everytime before emissions and do you have a tune for it?
Old 09-13-2012, 08:46 AM   #124
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Florida
Re: O/R H Pipe vs. O/R X Pipe

I say H-pipe. I recently put Borla Stinger axlebacks and the Boss 302 side exhaust and H-pipe. It sounds great, a nice roar on WOT and a throaty, wobbly purr on idle. Cold starts sound great, maybe even better than when the pipes are warmed up. When I let off the throttle after a pull, there is a nice deep crackle/pop sound that makes for an oh so good complement to the rev. No drone, nothing that I would consider annoying in the city but on the highway with the restrictor plates out, it can get bothersome. Hope it helps!
Joyride is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2012, 08:55 AM   #125
Registered Member
Regular

Thanks
Old 09-13-2012, 06:42 PM   #126
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Do you leave your resonators on? I don't think I can get the cats welded bec I would have to swap them out everytime before emissions and do you have a tune for it?
delete your inbox messages

---------- Post added at 06:42 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:40 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joyride
I say H-pipe. I recently put Borla Stinger axlebacks and the Boss 302 side exhaust and H-pipe. It sounds great, a nice roar on WOT and a throaty, wobbly purr on idle. Cold starts sound great, maybe even better than when the pipes are warmed up. When I let off the throttle after a pull, there is a nice deep crackle/pop sound that makes for an oh so good complement to the rev. No drone, nothing that I would consider annoying in the city but on the highway with the restrictor plates out, it can get bothersome. Hope it helps!
curious, cat deletes? with your setup?
Old 09-14-2012, 11:55 AM   #127
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2013_stang_gt

delete your inbox messages

---------- Post added at 06:42 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:40 PM ----------

curious, cat deletes? with your setup?
No, at least not yet
Joyride is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT