Mustang Evolution Forum banner

My new 2013 Grabber Blue GT

15K views 44 replies 26 participants last post by  Mardoor1 
#1 ·
I just picked up a 2013 Grabber Blue GT with Shelby stripes over the roof, hood, trunk, 20 inch wheels and Nitto Tires, corsa exhaust, side scoops, scoops over the quarter windows, lowered 2 inches all done by the dealer who wanted the car done like this, Wow what a car! I have some pictures on my face book done by my sister but I don't know how to post them here,as I'm a new member. I have a 69 mach I, 68 GT Fastback, just sold my 1970 Boss 302 Mustang and I love them,but this car is just fantastic. I can't wait to get out of work and drive it tonight.

Rob Mazza
Vermont

#31 ·
Wow! That is NICE! I hope mine looks that good! I didn't go with the stripes, but your car is making me wish I had!

Congratulations. That is a very nice car. =)

How long did it take you to get it? What was the order date / receive date?

#33 ·
I at first ordered a 2013 Grabber blue Boss, but Ford kept putting the build date further and further ahead so I canceled it in early June after I had ordered it in March. I was in Cape Cod visiting when we were going to dinner and saw this car at a Ford dealership, The story goes like this, the owner had two 2013 Boss Mustangs that were pre ordered and sold and he liked the Grabber Blue one so much and could not get another one that he told his shop people to build one a little Boss and a little Shelby. So they took this new GT and did what you see, I also got all the parts that they took off except for the stock wheels and tires. Its the best thing I ever did, because the 1970 Boss I just sold was a numbers matching car, signed under the hood by Larry Shinoda, had won many awards, was in two magazine articles on and on. I bought it that way and never really fell in love with that car, maybe because I didn't do anything to make the car like it was So I got to thinking that not buying that new Boss was not so bad because I once again would have a limited build car, would I ever want to make changes to it that would effect its worth. So when I saw this car I just knew it was the one, I can drive it, change things on it and just drive it,,,,,,,Hope this all makes sense.

Rob

#36 ·
Glad I'm not the only one thinking that way. Even if the Boss was within my budget, I think I would have gone with the exact car I did anyway. It's a blank slate & not much of a limited production--it's a Brembo car, but there does not seem to be any kind of "special model" buzz around it. With a Boss, I'd second-guess any mods for the same reason as you.

#37 ·
I agree. The boss was within my budget, but I'm happier with the GT. I still have at least 3 more weeks to wait, though...

#38 ·
Oh man! You must be going nuts reading about us enjoying our ponies so much. You're a more patient man than me. I couldn't do it!

#39 ·
Jetag93 said:
Oh man! You must be going nuts reading about us enjoying our ponies so much. You're a more patient man than me. I couldn't do it!
Haha! I have no choice... I have watched every youtube video on the new Mustang... The anticipation is killing me!

#41 ·
I can't imagine bein in your shoes. I almost had a hissy just waitin for the dealer to clean mine for delivery!!:D

#42 ·
Jetag93 said:
I can't imagine bein in your shoes. I almost had a hissy just waitin for the dealer to clean mine for delivery!!:D
Me too. I finished all the paperwork and it felt like it took forever. The car wasnt even that dirty.

#44 ·
I remember waiting for my 2009 Mustang. That time I actually just grabbed it from the lot. It still took around 5 hours to complete all of the paperwork. I got to drive it home that day, though. I can't believe it takes this long to build one, but I guess that's the price you gotta pay for getting everything just the way you want it. :cool:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.