major f# problem - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 08-03-2012, 04:14 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Georgia
I had a loss of engine power today this morn i I pulled out fast because I live on a blind corner and it threw me back on the seat like always but today when I left work it had a big loss of power I was doin bout 50 and dropped in third to pass a car and I had to floor it cuz it seemed like i was not goin anywhere I heard it could b HEAT SOAK?( WTF IS THAT ) The only thing I did was put half a TANK of premium on lunch

Bone stock 331 brembo car
Smoke is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-03-2012, 04:17 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: North Carolina
Heat soak happens when u run the hell out of ur car.. Lots on a dyno in the heat.. It's when ur engine just keeps getting hot and hp goes down. Did u get bad gas? Ethanol gas?
Shelby09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2012, 04:23 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smoke
I had a loss of engine power today this morn i I pulled out fast because I live on a blind corner and it threw me back on the seat like always but today when I left work it had a big loss of power I was doin bout 50 and dropped in third to pass a car and I had to floor it cuz it seemed like i was not goin anywhere I heard it could b HEAT SOAK?( WTF IS THAT ) The only thing I did was put half a TANK of premium on lunch

Bone stock 331 brembo car
What mods does your car have? My cobra would heat soak bad after a long trip the blower would get so hot you could cook a egg. When the car cools down does it go back to normal?

If any one is willing to donate parts to the Make Joe's Mustang Faster that Corvettes Foundation, donations will be gladly appreciated
Stockish302 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-03-2012, 04:24 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Na I live less than 15 min from work and na I been running cheveron 93 but today I put quick trip 93 witch I told my self I was not gone do but I forgot to put gas in last night and I was on E so I kinda had to

---------- Post added at 04:24 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:24 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stockish302

What mods does your car have? My cobra would heat soak bad after a long trip the blower would get so hot you could cook a egg. When the car cools down does it go back to normal?
No mods
Old 08-03-2012, 04:33 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

People say it doesnt matter but I won't buy gas with ethanol.. Qt has up to 10% ethanol in their gas
Old 08-03-2012, 04:35 PM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shelby09
People say it doesnt matter but I won't buy gas with ethanol.. Qt has up to 10% ethanol in their gas
Witch gas station u prefer we have a sonaco shell chevron
Old 08-03-2012, 04:37 PM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

Lemme see if I can find u the website my friend had. It would tell u in ur area who had ethanol free gas

---------- Post added at 05:37 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:36 PM ----------

Shell near my house is good so far.. Look for the sticker on the pump it will say contains 10% ethanol
Old 08-03-2012, 04:43 PM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

Ok thanks ..but listen I'm.driving now to.get dinner and she's fine ....wired man I think she got jealous cuz I called her a camaro earlier lol but if u can find website I would appreciate it
Old 08-03-2012, 04:47 PM   #9
The Blue Dragon
Regular
Supporter

Region: Kentucky
Re: major f#$kin problem

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smoke View Post
Ok thanks ..but listen I'm.driving now to.get dinner and she's fine ....wired man I think she got jealous cuz I called her a camaro earlier lol but if u can find website I would appreciate it
AHHHH!!! I would blow up too

AUGUST 2012 MOTM!!!!
GrabberBlue5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2012, 04:53 PM   #10
Registered Member
Regular

Lmao no lie this sellsman came to my job and was talkin bout our QCs camaro and I said I.got that camaro over there and my lil.bro.said camaro.man u trippin I'm like Aw dam mustang lol but man shes back now she problly.showed me wat a camaro does ...MAN IF I DIDN'T HAVE U GUYS I WOULDN'T KNOW WAT TO DO I THOUGHT I KNEW CARS BUT YALL KNOW.YALL ****
Old 08-03-2012, 05:12 PM   #11
Registered Member
Regular

Camaros look like a catfish
Old 08-03-2012, 05:37 PM   #12
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Lol
Old 08-03-2012, 07:15 PM   #13
It's not me, it's you.
Regular
Supporter

Region: Texas
Quote:
Big heavy slow moving catfish.
primer2tone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2012, 07:38 PM   #14
Registered Member
Regular

2 ton turds
Old 08-03-2012, 07:55 PM   #15
Registered Member
Regular

Re: major f#$kin problem

fat azz
Old 08-03-2012, 08:16 PM   #16
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Michigan
Quote:
fat azz
Big boat
13Grabber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2012, 09:26 PM   #17
Registered Member
Regular

Could be water in the gas too. You can get that with stations that have gas sitting for a while in their tanks. Premium is definitely used less than regular by people. I used to run into bad gas problems with my old mustang that I had bumped compression on along with other mods. This was years go before computers that would ****** ignition. Now our cars will cut back ignition automatically due to lower octane in gas which cuts into your power of course. Water in the gas drops your octane rating. Has it done it more than once?
guzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2012, 11:07 PM   #18
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by guzie
Could be water in the gas too. You can get that with stations that have gas sitting for a while in their tanks. Premium is definitely used less than regular by people. I used to run into bad gas problems with my old mustang that I had bumped compression on along with other mods. This was years go before computers that would ****** ignition. Now our cars will cut back ignition automatically due to lower octane in gas which cuts into your power of course. Water in the gas drops your octane rating. Has it done it more than once?
Well it stopped I drove it agin since my last post and she pullin hard like before I just had to apologize to her for callin her a camaro......she sensitive lol
Old 08-04-2012, 11:47 AM   #19
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by primer2tone

Big heavy slow moving catfish.
Not my friends his SS with HCI and exhaust can move specialy with that 150 shot makes me want to put a ls3 in a fox body or maybe even a miata

If any one is willing to donate parts to the Make Joe's Mustang Faster that Corvettes Foundation, donations will be gladly appreciated
Old 08-04-2012, 11:54 AM   #20
The Blue Dragon
Regular
Supporter

Region: Kentucky
Quote:

Not my friends his SS with HCI and exhaust can move specialy with that 150 shot makes me want to put a ls3 in a fox body or maybe even a miata
Blasphemy!!

AUGUST 2012 MOTM!!!!
GrabberBlue5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2012, 12:02 PM   #21
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
Quote:

Keep GM in GM... I respect GM and their motors (I own one..) but don't bastardize a fox!
Old 08-04-2012, 12:04 PM   #22
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Mississippi
Ls3? I thought new camaros were electric since their so quite
Old 08-04-2012, 02:43 PM   #23
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeedSomeMods

Keep GM in GM... I respect GM and their motors (I own one..) but don't bastardize a fox!
I'm not a fan boy I like all car just happens I like fords because they are easy to make fast, affordable, and look better than 95% of the cars that roll out of the gm and mopar lines. We built a ls3 fox for a client thats running high 9s with just h/c/i and lt with dumps on a full bodied a/c notch ran a 9.8 with the ac on in 100 degree weather not bad for a bastard don't forget that some people also said the same about the ac cobras if they would have had the same mind set like you there would be no shelby cobras no lsx rx7 and so on.

Old 08-04-2012, 04:09 PM   #24
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Illinois
did you you have your AC on for a bit b4 you left? AC takes Alot of power from your car
Merben50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2012, 04:47 PM   #25
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Merben50
did you you have your AC on for a bit b4 you left? AC takes Alot of power from your car
Yea I did but that's the first thing I went to I turned it off stopped at the store and it was still.doin it
Old 08-04-2012, 09:26 PM   #26
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Illinois
Quote:

Yea I did but that's the first thing I went to I turned it off stopped at the store and it was still.doin it
The AC takes power randomly and for quite awhile from what I heard, but its always a good idea to bring it to the dealer to get it checked if you have the warranty. could also be something stuck in the cai box if stock like a bunch of rocks or bugs, dusty Ect. Hope you find the solution!
Merben50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2012, 07:27 AM   #27
Registered Member
Regular

AC takes some power but not that much actually. I have mine on and get on it pretty regularly. It responds well even with AC on. It doesnt drop the power as he is describing.
guzie is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT