Hesitation in 3rd and 4th gear - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 08-05-2012, 08:47 AM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Maryland
Hesitation in 3rd and 4th gear

On my 2012 mustang 5.0 when I give it gas Nd drive it like a mustang, at about 4,000 rpms there is a hesitation in the power. It will have all the power then right at 4k it dies down for a second then kicks back up. Does anyone know what this could be? I took it to ford and they test drove it and felt it but could not identify what it could be. Did some research and some people said a bad batch of gas? But I've been through 2 tanks since it started to happen.. Any ideas?
Jazzygeoff is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-05-2012, 09:08 AM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: North Carolina
Re: Hesitation in 3rd and 4th gear

Is the car tuned or stock? Stock I am assuming since you took it to a dealer.....Still could be in the tune. So many things to consider.Fuel trims at the point of event. AFR at event. Vaccum leak. Just lots of things. Concerning to me is you carry it in to ford,they drove it,acknowledged it and are doing nothing!? If I were you I would tune it. If problem still surfaces after being tuned-----Then I would Datalog and have my tuner look at all the numbers at the 4000 range. Could be ignition or fuel related. Bad gas I doubt at this point
2012 Prem. w/ GB insert stripe/stitch , M6,Brembo, 3.73,Stock Air-Box,93-R Tune,Borla Catback w/ X-Pipe,FRPP-"K" Springs,BMR PH Bar,BMR Upper support brace,BMR Reloc. Brackets,CHE Lca's, Koni Struts/Shocks, Jlt cc,Saleen grill, Hydrocarbon Center console/stereo surround,Formula One Tint, MGW w/ speedawg ball match seat inserts,SOS Dual Aeroforce Guages,MT82 Amsoil MTF.METCO Uca/Ucm, Shaftmasters DS
back n a stang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2012, 09:20 AM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

I have a SCT tuner I put in it. When the problem started happening I switched it back to stock and that's when I took it to ford. They have been emailing tech support and they drove it with their code reader in it. Got it to act up and it wast throwing any codes. So they have no clue what it's doing. I had the tune in it for a good 2 months and then this started to happen. So, I didn't really think it could be the tune. A friend said try putting seafoam in the tank and that will clean out anything it needs to clean. I'm gong to try it. I just filled up with 93 from chevron station. I'm going to let the seafoam go with this tank and see what happens.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-05-2012, 09:30 AM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Region: North Carolina
Re: Hesitation in 3rd and 4th gear

OK,sounds like you trying. I would be sure my CAI filter is clean. Throttle body clean. What all mods you running. How many miles? If there was a very tiny leak of the vaccum sort it would have to be found with a smoke machine. Have you done all the updates to ur SCT device? Even if so. reflash and try. You going thru correct procedure on relearn?Anything ever been done to car?
2012 Prem. w/ GB insert stripe/stitch , M6,Brembo, 3.73,Stock Air-Box,93-R Tune,Borla Catback w/ X-Pipe,FRPP-"K" Springs,BMR PH Bar,BMR Upper support brace,BMR Reloc. Brackets,CHE Lca's, Koni Struts/Shocks, Jlt cc,Saleen grill, Hydrocarbon Center console/stereo surround,Formula One Tint, MGW w/ speedawg ball match seat inserts,SOS Dual Aeroforce Guages,MT82 Amsoil MTF.METCO Uca/Ucm, Shaftmasters DS
back n a stang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2012, 11:23 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

So took it back to ford today... They FINALLY figured out what the problem was. Mass air flow sensor was or went bad. Replaced it and runs like new money now!!

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT