Purge valve solenoid - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 08-05-2012, 09:33 PM   #1
The Blue Dragon
Regular
Supporter

Region: Kentucky
Purge valve solenoid

so today after about 7 weeks of having my boss install kit, I finally finished using all of the parts!! I bought the install kit because I'm trying to keep an OEM look,I installed the intake tube the same day I got the kit, reused stock airbox and sold off Steeda CAI. Well today I finally used the rest of the fuel lines and other hoses. for those who do not know, the purge valve solenoid is on the front passenger side of the stock intake but sits on the driver rear side of the boss intake. the wires for the solenoid are about 3 feet too short from stock to boss IM. So I extended the wire to put the solenoid in its proper place on the boss intake. pics shortly[COLOR="Silver"]

---------- Post added at 10:33 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:09 PM ----------

In this first pic, you can see the two way split at the top and the single down at the bottom. the right wire in the fork goes to the solenoid, and the solienoid I had for the longest time was mounted down by the front of the valley. I re routed that to go along the wiring harness portion of the injectors on the passenger side of motor, then around the back of the intake over to where you see it end in the second pic...

the solenoid is directly above the white tag, left of the red tab, and has the grey hose coming out of it moving to the front of the intake. the pigtail connecting to the solenoid is directly above the red tab. I just spliced in about 3 to 3 1/2 feet of 18 gauge wire, used electrical tape and barrel connectors to splice it in, covered it with that plastic tubing and electrical tape all the way down... and voila!!

sorry for the bad pics

AUGUST 2012 MOTM!!!!
GrabberBlue5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-18-2015, 10:49 AM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Florida
tagging for future use
Brembo Pkg, Paxton SC, ID1000's, JMS BAP, Boss IM, JLT CAI, Lund Tuned, Tremec T56 swap, Black Pype Bombs, Pypes LT Headers H-Pipe, McLeod RXT Twin Clutch & LW Flywheel. Alum. DS, MGW Shifter, BMR adj. Panhard, UCA & LCA's, Eibach Pro Damper, Sportline Springs, MMD Louvers, Roush splitters, RTR decklid and surround, CDC Grille, Staggered 20" ACE Alloy Driven, Trufiber Hood.
Sterlingbeast5.0 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2015, 11:04 AM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Region: North Carolina
Quote:
Originally Posted by NaplesStang View Post
tagging for future use
I second that. I might need this later (;
Advertisement

Old 02-18-2015, 11:37 AM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Florida
I had mine installed about a week ago. I am getting the code P0455 Evaporative Emission System Leak Detected (gross leak no flow) Anyone able to help me out here because I THINK this is the part of the install that would causde that issue.
Brembo Pkg, Paxton SC, ID1000's, JMS BAP, Boss IM, JLT CAI, Lund Tuned, Tremec T56 swap, Black Pype Bombs, Pypes LT Headers H-Pipe, McLeod RXT Twin Clutch & LW Flywheel. Alum. DS, MGW Shifter, BMR adj. Panhard, UCA & LCA's, Eibach Pro Damper, Sportline Springs, MMD Louvers, Roush splitters, RTR decklid and surround, CDC Grille, Staggered 20" ACE Alloy Driven, Trufiber Hood.
Sterlingbeast5.0 is online now   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT