For those who are running BAMA cam tune - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 08-07-2012, 07:52 AM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: North Carolina
For those who are running BAMA cam tune

Looking to see what all CAI's everybody is using with best results. Specifically the guys who have the stock box with no or very little idle issue's. With A/C on and off along with just overall stop light to stop light idles.
I'm using a JLT CF CAI and it has a brand new filter on it.I am having issues with idle.I don't expect it to be perfect but it needs to be better than it is.
Every since I did the "SCT Critical update" it just seems not the same.I am gonna try some things today.I am thinking maybe I should get BAMA to write me another cam tune using my Stock CAI. I am open-minded to that, if it helps.
2012 Prem. w/ GB insert stripe/stitch , M6,Brembo, 3.73,Stock Air-Box,93-R Tune,Borla Catback w/ X-Pipe,FRPP-"K" Springs,BMR PH Bar,BMR Upper support brace,BMR Reloc. Brackets,CHE Lca's, Koni Struts/Shocks, Jlt cc,Saleen grill, Hydrocarbon Center console/stereo surround,Formula One Tint, MGW w/ speedawg ball match seat inserts,SOS Dual Aeroforce Guages,MT82 Amsoil MTF.METCO Uca/Ucm, Shaftmasters DS
back n a stang is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-07-2012, 08:34 AM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New Jersey
Re: For those who are running BAMA cam tune

i think the tune requires and aftermarket cai and off road pipe though and i have the jlt intake and was having idle issues but i also didnt drive it because how bad it was i didnt want to be on the road with it. not to mention i didnt update my tuner yet so i dont want to mess anything up. i think its safe to say i will be having bama make me a race tune without the ghost tune on it
winslow16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2012, 09:00 AM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Region: North Carolina

Quote:
Originally Posted by winslow16 View Post
i think the tune requires and aftermarket cai and off road pipe though and i have the jlt intake and was having idle issues but i also didnt drive it because how bad it was i didnt want to be on the road with it. not to mention i didnt update my tuner yet so i dont want to mess anything up. i think its safe to say i will be having bama make me a race tune without the ghost tune on it
I am aware of what you have to have.I have the O/R X and have run 93-race tune with and without the cam tune.The manners the cam tune give are normal but the idle needs to be more consistent.It's gonna move around some and that is to be expected.Cutting off and stuff is not acceptable.Bare in mind it takes time for the relearn,but in my case relearn is not the issue.As for intakes......You can run the Cam tune with stock box.It is a true Cold Air Intake.The O/R X is mandatory but for good reason.
2012 Prem. w/ GB insert stripe/stitch , M6,Brembo, 3.73,Stock Air-Box,93-R Tune,Borla Catback w/ X-Pipe,FRPP-"K" Springs,BMR PH Bar,BMR Upper support brace,BMR Reloc. Brackets,CHE Lca's, Koni Struts/Shocks, Jlt cc,Saleen grill, Hydrocarbon Center console/stereo surround,Formula One Tint, MGW w/ speedawg ball match seat inserts,SOS Dual Aeroforce Guages,MT82 Amsoil MTF.METCO Uca/Ucm, Shaftmasters DS
back n a stang is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-07-2012, 09:16 AM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New Jersey

i loaded my tune one is it sounded really good but i didnt want to DD with the race tune so i put the performance tune back on then i loaded it a second time and was going to drive around with it for a little bit but it sounded terrible i didnt even want to move it. dont think i will ever use it again. might just save up and a do a real one at some point down the road
winslow16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2012, 10:49 AM   #5
Site Sponsor
Sponsor

Region: Pennsylvania

Hey guys,

If either of you are interested, we can make some adjustments to your Cam tunes to help with any issues you're having. Just make sure you've updated your SCT to the latest firmware first, since our tunes are updated to work with the latest firmware. Then shoot me a PM with a previous order number and I'll get you setup with Mike Wilson!

Shane
Bama Hotline: 888.226.9764 | M-F 9AM-5:30PM EST
WIN A $1500 MMD STYLING PACKAGE
Free Same-Day Shipping!
AMWill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2012, 11:11 AM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Oregon

There's also a known issue with JLTs and the very noisy MAF signals that they generate, resulting in rough idle and sometimes hesitation. The fix is to make sure that the filter is not pushed too far onto the intake tube -- try pulling the filter out towards the end of the tube and see if it makes a difference.
12gtpdx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2012, 11:51 AM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Illinois

Quote:
Originally Posted by 12gtpdx View Post
There's also a known issue with JLTs and the very noisy MAF signals that they generate, resulting in rough idle and sometimes hesitation. The fix is to make sure that the filter is not pushed too far onto the intake tube -- try pulling the filter out towards the end of the tube and see if it makes a difference.
+1, I read this in another thread and gave it a try. The hesitation and occasionally weird idle went away.

I'd also like to point out that I have no problems with my 93R tune.

----

Question for AM, though: Is it possible to run an xpipe with highflow cats for the ghost cam tune? I gotta pass emissions, and I am concerned that I wont if I go full cat-less.
Marcie; Black 2013 GT. MT82, .373, track + brembo, JLT CF CAI, Boss Manifold, MGW StS, Blowfish Trans Bracket & Driveshaft Loop, Whiteline trans bushing, RP motor & tranny oils, Flowmaster Outlaws, BMR UCA w/ mount, LCA w/ relo brackets, panhard, SR springs, KONI oranges, J&M CC plates, staggered leguna secas, MT street comps
***A good driver is the best method to get more performance out of any car. ***
AXLEBACKS THREADS =
Rynarok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2012, 11:59 AM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Oregon

If you're in a state with emissions standards, high flow cats generally won't pass testing. Hi-flow cats eliminate the gas smell, but they don't eliminate enough of the pollutants to pass tests in most states.
12gtpdx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2012, 11:20 AM   #9
Site Sponsor
Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rynarok View Post
+1, I read this in another thread and gave it a try. The hesitation and occasionally weird idle went away.

I'd also like to point out that I have no problems with my 93R tune.

----

Question for AM, though: Is it possible to run an xpipe with highflow cats for the ghost cam tune? I gotta pass emissions, and I am concerned that I wont if I go full cat-less.
Rynarok,

Unfortunately, we don't offer the Bama Cam tune for high-flow catted mid-pipes. The reason being, the cats can get clogged from unburnt fuel vapors in the exhaust. Living in an emissions enforced State, can make exhaust choices very tricky and limited. We have the same problems here in PA!

Shane
Bama Hotline: 888.226.9764 | M-F 9AM-5:30PM EST
WIN A $1500 MMD STYLING PACKAGE
Free Same-Day Shipping!
AMWill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2012, 11:34 AM   #10
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Ohio
Quote:
Originally Posted by back n a stang
Looking to see what all CAI's everybody is using with best results. Specifically the guys who have the stock box with no or very little idle issue's. With A/C on and off along with just overall stop light to stop light idles.
I'm using a JLT CF CAI and it has a brand new filter on it.I am having issues with idle.I don't expect it to be perfect but it needs to be better than it is.
Every since I did the "SCT Critical update" it just seems not the same.I am gonna try some things today.I am thinking maybe I should get BAMA to write me another cam tune using my Stock CAI. I am open-minded to that, if it helps.
I have similar issues. Mike sent me an updated tune, but I haven't had time to return the car to stock and reflash.

Old 03-24-2014, 05:50 PM   #11
Registered Member
Regular

i have a 2014 mustang GT, stock CAI, 1/3'' kooks long tube headers, off road H pipe and borla stingers on the cat back. have had no issues with this tune. you need a bit more gas to get it moving from stop, and in the lower RPMs it will shake/ stal the car sooner than it would have without the tune. you will learn when to push the cluch in the prevent that from hapening though

it does not directly go into the cam from start up, i found i need to shift into a gear and then idle before it kicks in.

i read somewhere that as soon as you give it gas it switches over to the performance tune but i cant seem to find where i read this anymore.

if you are coasting down a hill with the clutch in it will switch to the cam tune, i havent had any issues from this as soon as you put it back into gear it stops.
crev is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT