Mustang love - Page 2 - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 08-11-2012, 12:31 AM   #36
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dtibbz22
I give respect when credit is due I don't rev or beep I'll flash the lights roll the window down say its nice. I don't like drawing attention. The problem isn't that the respect thing died off its that people don't like to voice their opinions we'll say. Like most people that get their. Coffees screwed up and just drink it. One rule of thumb though for every 1 person that tells you it's nice 10 more people are thinking it.

Welcome to the new age as well most kids and adults don't understand cars.
Especially since hot rods have gone off. As for me v8 for life nothing but
+1
3.55 Gears
Borla "s" type catback exhaust
20% tint alll around.
bluemonster13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-11-2012, 11:21 AM   #37
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Kansas
Send a message via Yahoo to Tominkc
I live in Kansas City. I get alot of thumbs up by Bikers, jeeps people walking. As far as other mustangs, the ones who spend time and money on their cars wave and reave engines at each other. But the ones who leave them stock won't even look at you. I guess jealousy. Even had a corvette drive eyeing my car, waved at him and he gave me a thumbs up! So at least people here respect. Good car!!
Tominkc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2012, 11:33 AM   #38
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Virginia
I find that whenever I pass a person walking I look in my mirror and they almost always turn around. I take that as quite the flattery. It my be mostly stock as of right now, but that will change and it is in extremely good condition for 15 years old.
9tee7pony is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-11-2012, 12:02 PM   #39
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Pennsylvania
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilredgt
I live in rural Alabama, and I've noticed the same thing. Most other Mustang drivers, whether they're newer models, junkers, or restored classics... either ignore me or give me a sour look. Very few ever wave back. Most of the positive attention I get comes from people who've never owned a Mustang but always wanted one. Of course, I've done stuff to mine that most others don't appreciate and they get snooty because they THINK they know something about me... But I didn't set up my Stang to impress other people. I made it beautiful by MY standards. I'm the one who has to look at it every day. If I want love from other folks, I'll ride my motorcycle. Bikers always wave at each other!
Dude! I think i saw you out by the Cathedral Caverns back in March! I was on a business trip and we drove from Huntsville one saturday to scope out the caves...course i had to be driving the Fiat i ended up getting as a rental and not my stang...if it was you then your exhaust sounded awesome!

---------- Post added at 11:02 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:56 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Plague

Dude! I think i saw you out by the Cathedral Caverns back in March! I was on a business trip and we drove from Huntsville one saturday to scope out the caves...course i had to be driving the Fiat i ended up getting as a rental and not my stang...if it was you then your exhaust sounded awesome!
Or Dudette i should say...
Plague is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2012, 12:18 PM   #40
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Missouri
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tominkc
I live in Kansas City. I get alot of thumbs up by Bikers, jeeps people walking. As far as other mustangs, the ones who spend time and money on their cars wave and reave engines at each other. But the ones who leave them stock won't even look at you. I guess jealousy. Even had a corvette drive eyeing my car, waved at him and he gave me a thumbs up! So at least people here respect. Good car!!
Yeah, I'm in KC as well and I get the same. Except I get a lot of rice runners come up next to me and speed off. I just let the lawn mowers drive off. However I love being able to rev my engine at a light with one and watch them spin their front tires off the line. With my dash cam I should start posting the videos.
Old 08-11-2012, 01:14 PM   #41
Registered Member
Regular

I get a lot of those rice burners myself!! I get a kick watching them over rev their engines than popping the clutch and nothing except alot of noise!! There is one bad *** civic that runs 435. A lime color that makes 800 HP! But looks like sh**! I saw the Dyno at House of Boost!! But the mustang people here are great!! Specially the Mustang Club of Kansas City.
Old 08-11-2012, 01:23 PM   #42
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
I get a lot of those rice burners myself!! I get a kick watching them over rev their engines than popping the clutch and nothing except alot of noise!! There is one bad *** civic that runs 435. A lime color that makes 800 HP! But looks like sh**! I saw the Dyno at House of Boost!! But the mustang people here are great!! Specially the Mustang Club of Kansas City.
I just liked their page on FB and going to start hitting up some of their events so might see you there.
Old 08-11-2012, 02:37 PM   #43
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Alabama
Quote:
Originally Posted by Plague

---------- Post added at 11:02 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:56 AM ----------

Or Dudette i should say...
Afraid it wasn't me. Mine wasn't delivered until the first week of May and my exhaust was stock until two days ago. Next time you're in the neighborhood give a holler!
lilredgt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2012, 04:57 PM   #44
Registered Member
Regular

Their events are really good!! The one they held at Bass Pro Shop was great!! I don't know about you!! But I wish they had a 1/4 track here we could go to!! KCIR WAS OK, but they closed it and it's just a pile of dirt!! If you know a track around Kansas City, let me know where!!!
Old 08-11-2012, 06:52 PM   #45
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Their events are really good!! The one they held at Bass Pro Shop was great!! I don't know about you!! But I wish they had a 1/4 track here we could go to!! KCIR WAS OK, but they closed it and it's just a pile of dirt!! If you know a track around Kansas City, let me know where!!!
Heartland is the closest one I know of that is any good. My brother-in-law raced bikes there. We plan to hit it up. Oh and speaking of him, still has yet to get his GT500. They teased him and sent the car cover.

http://www.hpt.com/
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image-2149336917.jpg
Views:	60
Size:	664.3 KB
ID:	63257  
Old 08-11-2012, 06:58 PM   #46
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Oklahoma
Quote:
Originally Posted by Napoleon85

I think a big prt of this is due to the options and pricing on the new stangs. Look around at the people *****ing that they can't get heated leather recaros (WTF?!?) or option these things out with gps nav, backup cameras, etc, etc. These are not the cheap sporty cars that Iacocca and Shelby built. They come with useless features (for a muscle car) such as SYNC, adjustable EPAS, active nibble control that deadens road feel, and the 2013 won't even let you do burnout! Then to boot, they cost as much as an entry level beemer, Benz, or Lexus!
The 2013 won't let you do a burnout!!!!!
Saucywalnuts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2012, 07:28 PM   #47
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Georgia
Turn off traction controll
Smoke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2012, 07:49 PM   #48
Registered Member
Regular

Yea, the one in Topeka. I guess I need to check them out and see when they're open!!

---------- Post added at 07:48 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:42 PM ----------

Quote:
Yea, the one in Topeka. I guess I need to check them out and see when they're open!!
I might have to go on Aug 17!! Would love to see what my times are.

---------- Post added at 07:49 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:48 PM ----------

I'll have to go on Aug 17 and see what my times are,
Old 08-11-2012, 07:57 PM   #49
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Oklahoma
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smoke
I was going to say that making a mustang unable to do a burnout is plain wrong.
Saucywalnuts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2012, 03:20 AM   #50
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Washington
Send a message via AIM to gregtommy Send a message via Skype™ to gregtommy
I make my shutouts obvious and of no car brand or year. If you did something to ur car to make it stick out of the crowd you get a wave with the window down. If you have a classic car fully rebuilt you get a thumbs up from me, if you drive a ricer I will flash my tail lights at them cuz that's all they will see. On a serious note we have two clubs in my area one is for the classics to modern and the people do average in the middle ages so I am young and then there is another club stemmed off from San Diego called rebel stangs. They do a lot more cruises that will take u for an afternoon which is a blast covering a 100 moles with 15 mustangs. Get a lot of looks and smiles. They take a lot of videos and pics to which really allows Joelle to keep in touch. Everywhere we go we get a lot of smiles and sometimes pick up a loan Stang that hangs with us a few miles. I tend to feel a lot of the love up here. In fact I got invited to a straight up classics car show by a club known as the saints tomorrow because I ran into them at another show and spent the better half of the afternoon taking to them about their cars and mine. Great vibes and if you don't have it in ur area then start it. Make it obvious that u think they have a nice car. It will get them feeling like returning the favor or telling the next guy they see. Socializing isn't meant for Facebook and twitter, it is meant fit a common bond between strangers to get together and talk truth to what they have and to gain more knowledge about their vehicles and others.

Mustang history started with a 2000 v6, 2003 GT, 2007 GT, 2011 GT, all Black(coincidence)
gregtommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2012, 03:48 AM   #51
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edens5
Mustang drivers are 75% dbags. I have one guy that waves to me around here. He is also the only mustang i like other than mine. I have a subaru too so i get love from that community and pretty much try not to make eye contact with the v6s and late 90s early 2000s models that think they can smoke me.
The only guy that's ever waved I me in a stang is this random cool older dude in a '12 boss 302
I want to be like him in 24 years
I've gotten more waves from camaros including a dude in a (I want to say) 68 camaro

---------- Post added at 03:46 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:44 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by mustangman5345

I'm a kid and I just wave or flash the lights. We don't all Jared's our cars in the first few years we have them. Defying the odds
Im a kid :p the first week I had my car it was pedal to the medal with everyone :p
Even I'd they werent racing

---------- Post added at 03:48 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:46 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jake
Thats why i get waves and people who point at me! Theres a million people who have mustangs around where i live but most of them are in crappy condition or are just stock and look the same as every other. But mine sticks out like a sore thumb just because i keep it perfect and have done alot to it!
I know what you mean
There are about a billion red mustangs where I live
Only one with reverse c stripes and black/red wheels
alrefire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2012, 10:20 AM   #52
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Ohio
Quote:
Originally Posted by Saucywalnuts

Quote:
There's more to it than that. Rumor has it that due to all the "unintended acceleration" cases In the media, they are adding "power over brake" safety tech that cuts the throttle when the brake is applied. This means that if you stand on the brake, the ecu will cut the voltage from the electronic throttle so that car will no longer accelerate and you won't die (since your too goddamn stupid to figure out how to stop your car).

My buddy has a 2013, but I can't talk him into doing a burnout to test this.
Old 08-13-2012, 10:47 AM   #53
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Georgia
Quote:

There's more to it than that. Rumor has it that due to all the "unintended acceleration" cases In the media, they are adding "power over brake" safety tech that cuts the throttle when the brake is applied. This means that if you stand on the brake, the ecu will cut the voltage from the electronic throttle so that car will no longer accelerate and you won't die (since your too goddamn stupid to figure out how to stop your car).

O ok didn't know that
Smoke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2012, 10:50 AM   #54
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

O ok didn't know that
Now you know, and like GI Joe says, "Knowing is half the battle."
Old 08-13-2012, 11:03 AM   #55
Registered Member
Regular

Re: Mustang love

Quote:
Originally Posted by Napoleon85 View Post
Your avatar pretty well sums up that silliness. How about we properly train people to drive?
claudermilk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2012, 11:04 AM   #56
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by claudermilk
Your avatar pretty well sums up that silliness. How about we properly train people to drive?
Make it so!
Old 08-13-2012, 11:06 AM   #57
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas

[QUOTE=There's more to it than that. Rumor has it that due to all the "unintended acceleration" cases In the media, they are adding "power over brake" safety tech that cuts the throttle when the brake is applied. This means that if you stand on the brake, the ecu will cut the voltage from the electronic throttle so that car will no longer accelerate and you won't die (since your too goddamn stupid to figure out how to stop your car).

My buddy has a 2013, but I can't talk him into doing a burnout to test this.[/QUOTE]

Would this function of the ecu be something tuners can remove for drag guys? Or are safety functions untouchable?
2013 DIB Premium GT/CS, 6MT, Cervinis Ram-Air Hood, RTR Charcoal 19X9.5s, BBK Cat Deletes & X-Pipe, DMH E-Cutouts, GT500 Rear Diffuser w/GT500 Quad-tip Axle-Backs, AED E85 Lope Tune, Boss 302 Intake, BBK 85mm TB, JLT CAI, Dynatech Alum DS, FRPP 3.73's, Eibach Pro-Springs and Pro-Struts/shocks, J&M Adj Panhard Bar, UPR Billet Alum LCA's, BMR UCA & Bracket & Relo Brackets, Eibach Adj Sway Bars, MGW Shifter, Brembo brake kit w/14" slotted 2 piece Boogie Full Tilt Racing Rotors, Llumar 30/5 Tint
Jetag93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2012, 11:16 AM   #58
Registered Member
Regular

Not sure, but it's a dicey road no matter how you look at it. Do you want them dealing with safety systems like this? It's tied into abs (from what I've heard pulling that fuse "fixes" this problem) and I'm not sure I would want that tinkered with.

Also, the possibility for liability lawsuits from adjusting safety systems is nightmarish.
Old 08-13-2012, 11:37 AM   #59
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Virginia
Quote:

People who can't stop unintended accel are just retarded turn the car off and the problem is solved. Unless they are putting weird features that don't allow you to do that on cars these days.
9tee7pony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2012, 11:50 AM   #60
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by 9tee7pony

People who can't stop unintended accel are just retarded turn the car off and the problem is solved. Unless they are putting weird features that don't allow you to do that on cars these days.
The biggest issue is auto trans with push button start. They don't shut of if you just press it once or tap it repeatedly (like a freaked out moron would do). You have to hold it down for something like 3-5 seconds. This was also a problem because instead of just planting the brake, people would apply the let off and the brakes overheat and lose their bite.

It all comes down to driver error, but people can't even be expected to check their tire pressure and thats why we have tpms federally mandated. Why we insist on keeping people this frakking stupid alive, I don't know...
Old 08-13-2012, 12:24 PM   #61
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas

Quote:
Originally Posted by Napoleon85 View Post
It all comes down to driver error, but people can't even be expected to check their tire pressure and thats why we have tpms federally mandated. Why we insist on keeping people this frakking stupid alive, I don't know...
Awesome.
2013 DIB Premium GT/CS, 6MT, Cervinis Ram-Air Hood, RTR Charcoal 19X9.5s, BBK Cat Deletes & X-Pipe, DMH E-Cutouts, GT500 Rear Diffuser w/GT500 Quad-tip Axle-Backs, AED E85 Lope Tune, Boss 302 Intake, BBK 85mm TB, JLT CAI, Dynatech Alum DS, FRPP 3.73's, Eibach Pro-Springs and Pro-Struts/shocks, J&M Adj Panhard Bar, UPR Billet Alum LCA's, BMR UCA & Bracket & Relo Brackets, Eibach Adj Sway Bars, MGW Shifter, Brembo brake kit w/14" slotted 2 piece Boogie Full Tilt Racing Rotors, Llumar 30/5 Tint
Jetag93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2012, 12:48 PM   #62
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Pennsylvania
I have done plenty if burnouts. At the track and off. Here is a video clip of one of many.
DWC_SmOziLLa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2012, 02:25 PM   #63
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by DWC_SmOziLLa
I have done plenty if burnouts. At the track and off. Here is a video clip of one of many.
I'll have to check when I get home, but it's definitely good to hear this rumor might be false. I wonder if it's only on autos (since I'd say a lot of auto drivers don't know what neutral is for lol).
Old 08-13-2012, 02:44 PM   #64

Well it must be a regional thing. Everyone and their mother waves at us driving down the road...

Although I will say this....not to many people will stop roll down their window..unless my wife is driving the Mustang..then it a totally different story...

She works on a Military Post, and the guards talk to her all the time...at gas stations on or off post...I guess people think I am unapproachable or something..I will talk your ear off, 104 degrees outside, if you are interested I will talk...

The "Muscle Car Scene" down here in mid GA/AL is very much a life and we all like a good looking ride...

As for the "Youngins" who stop at the light....I just wave point to the next light..hit my brake a few times...and when the light turns green....I let them go....I just made their day...I can hear it now..."Hey man, I smoked the crap out of a Mustang." Haa haa ha...let them have their glory..its not for me...

Then again..there is no mistake about it...Bring their four bankin/ricer to the track and lets see who is who...ya know..If I cant beat them on the track, I have a few buddies, with built Mustangs that can make them cry..I am not the one on the weekends going to Home Depot, or Lowes trying to find parts to make my Mustang (go faster) or even run down the street..I am not the one driving down the road, with a trash can wired up to my rear bumper, to get a good tune out of my exhaust...Off subject...any ways...

Yes...Allot of people do wave, when going do the road...

Red.....
Old 08-13-2012, 06:26 PM   #65
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saucywalnuts View Post
lol Challenge accepted. =)
Old 08-13-2012, 06:41 PM   #66
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Louisiana
I wave at other mustang owners but not just a six. it'll have to be a modded v8 or cobra.
beccabau2012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2012, 08:23 PM   #67
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saucywalnuts

Wanna bet on it?? Lol...
3.55 Gears
Borla "s" type catback exhaust
20% tint alll around.
bluemonster13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2012, 09:45 PM   #68
Registered Member
Regular

Saw a rs3 today when I was out cruisin. I caught up to him (had to go over 70 in a 55 to catch him lol) and just have him a glance and a nod. We got to a light where he was turning and he gave it a good rev. I revved back and we both had huge **** eatin grins on our faces. Everyone else wondered why the ground was shaking. Lol
Old 08-13-2012, 11:42 PM   #69
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Louisiana
Ha bet his grin was bigger. Those look pretty darn sexy.
Raxiom switchback turn signals, Black billet grill
Tinted tail lights and markers
86custom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2012, 06:35 AM   #70
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by 86custom View Post
Ha bet his grin was bigger. Those look pretty darn sexy.

I'd choose a Mustang over that box on wheels any day. =)

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT