Mustang love - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 08-07-2012, 11:57 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New York
Mustang love

A there any way we as mustang owners show love to each other I have done multiple things such as flash my lights, wave ,thumbs up, and honk but no response from anyone is there anyway we as a community show love to other mustang owner no matter the year ?
runthatsleeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-08-2012, 12:06 AM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
.... fast n the furious killed it for everyone... I don't care to elaborate

Pre 2003 that is what everyone did... now days people are like wtf is wrong w THAT guy... must be a problem citizen
Silversky545 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2012, 12:10 AM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Good point I only ask because my friends who own subarus give each other thumbs up or honk or flash lights or something I was wondering if we as mistang owners did the same thing
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-08-2012, 12:22 AM   #4
ME Bloodhound
Staff

Region: California
Re: Mustang love

There is a larger thread on this going on right now, its called "The Mustang Code/Law"
Soccerluvr4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2012, 01:45 AM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Illinois
I usually shift into neutral and rev or thumbs up that or wave. That and if there is a mustang in the parking lot park next to it I guess haha
Merben50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2012, 01:50 AM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Pennsylvania
Mustang drivers are 75% dbags. I have one guy that waves to me around here. He is also the only mustang i like other than mine. I have a subaru too so i get love from that community and pretty much try not to make eye contact with the v6s and late 90s early 2000s models that think they can smoke me.
Edens5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2012, 02:57 AM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edens5
Mustang drivers are 75% dbags. I have one guy that waves to me around here. He is also the only mustang i like other than mine. I have a subaru too so i get love from that community and pretty much try not to make eye contact with the v6s and late 90s early 2000s models that think they can smoke me.
Lol sounds like you're in that 75

Me too
Old 08-08-2012, 06:15 AM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

I get waved at by other mustangs ....I also get waved at by other jeep people when im driving in my CJ -5
GT 500 Spoiler,Front Bumper
Custom Dyno Tune by Wolfpack speed
20" Roush Hyper Black Wheels
2013GTStang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2012, 07:19 AM   #9
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Missouri
Think it is a generation and respect thing. Gotten numerous compliments from probably 35+. Most kids just want to race.
Old 08-08-2012, 07:27 AM   #10
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Georgia
I think its people don't understand muscle cars anymore its just an A to B thing for them they don't understand the meaning of a fox body they don't even know wat a boss or Shelby is and its sad I rev my gas at other drivers they lock they doors or go slower lol but every now and then I get some love this morn a older lady told me I had a sweet ride it made my day
Smoke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2012, 07:48 AM   #11
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by poloka
Think it is a generation and respect thing. Gotten numerous compliments from probably 35+. Most kids just want to race.
I'm a kid and I just wave or flash the lights. We don't all Jared's our cars in the first few years we have them. Defying the odds
mustangman5345 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2012, 07:49 AM   #12
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Oklahoma
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smoke
I think its people don't understand muscle cars anymore its just an A to B thing for them they don't understand the meaning of a fox body they don't even know wat a boss or Shelby is and its sad I rev my gas at other drivers they lock they doors or go slower lol but every now and then I get some love this morn a older lady told me I had a sweet ride it made my day
I agree. THe other day i was walking into the gas station and there was a little girl, probably 6 or 7 ran up to me and said me and my dad love your car and ran off lol.
Jake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2012, 07:52 AM   #13
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Virginia
It comes from that the mustang sells so well, everybody and their mother has had one at some point. The only way to get people to even notice you there has to be something different about it.
You take a car that sells fewer like a Challenger or a WRX or a jeep and people with the same cars will show some love. It's the same for camaros, there are so many on the road that most of the sales are from people who wanted something sporty to drive, not for the specific car. People tend to notice a niche car more than the mustang, or camaro for that matter, they've just moved past that stage.
9tee7pony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2012, 08:04 AM   #14
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Oklahoma
Thats why i get waves and people who point at me! Theres a million people who have mustangs around where i live but most of them are in crappy condition or are just stock and look the same as every other. But mine sticks out like a sore thumb just because i keep it perfect and have done alot to it!
Jake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2012, 08:27 AM   #15
Registered Member
Regular

Most stang owners in my area are snobs or young d-bags...there are a few around who rev, floor it and smile though...those few make you feel like you are part of something special...they are in the know
Plague is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2012, 08:39 AM   #16
Registered Member
Regular

Moving out of the Honda rice burner stage was a big transition for me, but I knew exactly what I was getting into when I bought this car. Everytime I get behind the wheel I am pedal to the metal, looking to scare the **** out of people when i cruise in real quiet beside them then floor it. Going through underpasses just to hear how loud my exhaust can get. I will rev my engine when I pass another mustang gt or shelby, or go all out of my way to get beside him at a light. Mustang meets are where its at though. Alot of nice people that really want to show off what they have done without being judged and enter into contest.
2013_stang_gt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2012, 08:50 AM   #17
Registered Member
Regular

I passed a 67' on a back road yesterday and got a wave back.
2013 DIB Premium GT/CS, 6MT, Cervinis Ram-Air Hood, RTR Charcoal 19X9.5s, BBK Cat Deletes & X-Pipe, DMH E-Cutouts, GT500 Rear Diffuser w/GT500 Quad-tip Axle-Backs, AED E85 Lope Tune, Boss 302 Intake, BBK 85mm TB, JLT CAI, Dynatech Alum DS, FRPP 3.73's, Eibach Pro-Springs and Pro-Struts/shocks, J&M Adj Panhard Bar, UPR Billet Alum LCA's, BMR UCA & Bracket & Relo Brackets, Eibach Adj Sway Bars, MGW Shifter, Brembo brake kit w/14" slotted 2 piece Boogie Full Tilt Racing Rotors, Llumar 30/5 Tint
Jetag93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2012, 09:01 AM   #18
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Ohio
Quote:
Originally Posted by Plague
Most stang owners in my area are snobs or young d-bags...there are a few around who rev, floor it and smile though...those few make you feel like you are part of something special...they are in the know
I think a big prt of this is due to the options and pricing on the new stangs. Look around at the people *****ing that they can't get heated leather recaros (WTF?!?) or option these things out with gps nav, backup cameras, etc, etc. These are not the cheap sporty cars that Iacocca and Shelby built. They come with useless features (for a muscle car) such as SYNC, adjustable EPAS, active nibble control that deadens road feel, and the 2013 won't even let you do burnout! Then to boot, they cost as much as an entry level beemer, Benz, or Lexus!
Old 08-08-2012, 09:24 AM   #19
Registered Member
Regular

I live in so cal and it's very rare if I get a wave back or anything. But I went back home to Nebraska in may and was getting stopped t every light. I loved it.
Gibby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2012, 09:27 AM   #20
Registered Member
Regular

I occasionally see another 5.0 tooling around here in Mt. Prospect.

If it isn't freaking 105 degrees out, I'll roll down the window and give em a point and a thumbs up...or just a small wave like "hey man, nice car". I tend to ignore the sixxers though.

There's been a few times where I'll be at a light/parking lot/getting gas and guys will come over and say hey and they usually want to take a look at her. Of course, I don't mind the attention one bit.

I had an Arlington Heights cop behind me at a light a few weeks ago. Looked in the mirror, and I see him giving me a big thumbs up. I'm like, hey, cool, and I rev her a little and the cop gets a big grin on his face. Of course I didn't do anything real dumb in front of him, but appreciation is nice.

I get sour looks from challengers/chargers/camaros though. Never fails, they look like a grump when I see them checkin out my car. I try to wave and either they'll ignore me or I get the middle finger (the latter happens if I just managed to embarrass them on I90 or I355). Corvettes tend to ignore me also, but I figure it's because the old fart that's driving it can't see very well, or his wife is driving and I almost never get a woman to wave back.
Marcie; Black 2013 GT. MT82, .373, track + brembo, JLT CF CAI, Boss Manifold, MGW StS, Blowfish Trans Bracket & Driveshaft Loop, Whiteline trans bushing, RP motor & tranny oils, Flowmaster Outlaws, BMR UCA w/ mount, LCA w/ relo brackets, panhard, SR springs, KONI oranges, J&M CC plates, staggered leguna secas, MT street comps
***A good driver is the best method to get more performance out of any car. ***
AXLEBACKS THREADS =
Rynarok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2012, 09:55 AM   #21
Registered Member
Regular

I try to show love to new models unless I know the person driving and older model I put this thread up to see y I don't get replays and now I know why kinda but also a young kid and like to just show some love to fellow mustang owners
Old 08-08-2012, 10:10 AM   #22
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rynarok
I occasionally see another 5.0 tooling around here in Mt. Prospect.

If it isn't freaking 105 degrees out, I'll roll down the window and give em a point and a thumbs up...or just a small wave like "hey man, nice car". I tend to ignore the sixxers though.

There's been a few times where I'll be at a light/parking lot/getting gas and guys will come over and say hey and they usually want to take a look at her. Of course, I don't mind the attention one bit.

I had an Arlington Heights cop behind me at a light a few weeks ago. Looked in the mirror, and I see him giving me a big thumbs up. I'm like, hey, cool, and I rev her a little and the cop gets a big grin on his face. Of course I didn't do anything real dumb in front of him, but appreciation is nice.

I get sour looks from challengers/chargers/camaros though. Never fails, they look like a grump when I see them checkin out my car. I try to wave and either they'll ignore me or I get the middle finger (the latter happens if I just managed to embarrass them on I90 or I355). Corvettes tend to ignore me also, but I figure it's because the old fart that's driving it can't see very well, or his wife is driving and I almost never get a woman to wave back.
Man I couldn't pay them to look my way lol they know Wats best
Smoke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2012, 10:30 AM   #23
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smoke View Post
Man I couldn't pay them to look my way lol they know Wats best
+1
Marcie; Black 2013 GT. MT82, .373, track + brembo, JLT CF CAI, Boss Manifold, MGW StS, Blowfish Trans Bracket & Driveshaft Loop, Whiteline trans bushing, RP motor & tranny oils, Flowmaster Outlaws, BMR UCA w/ mount, LCA w/ relo brackets, panhard, SR springs, KONI oranges, J&M CC plates, staggered leguna secas, MT street comps
***A good driver is the best method to get more performance out of any car. ***
AXLEBACKS THREADS =
Rynarok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2012, 08:39 AM   #24
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Alabama

I live in rural Alabama, and I've noticed the same thing. Most other Mustang drivers, whether they're newer models, junkers, or restored classics... either ignore me or give me a sour look. Very few ever wave back. Most of the positive attention I get comes from people who've never owned a Mustang but always wanted one. Of course, I've done stuff to mine that most others don't appreciate and they get snooty because they THINK they know something about me... But I didn't set up my Stang to impress other people. I made it beautiful by MY standards. I'm the one who has to look at it every day. If I want love from other folks, I'll ride my motorcycle. Bikers always wave at each other!
lilredgt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2012, 09:00 AM   #25
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Florida
I usually give a head nod, like "Whats up?". If its a good looking Stang and we are on the highway or interstate I usually try to get behind them for as long as we are going in the same direction. I think it looks cool, they may think its creepy lol. I did that to a grabber blue 5.0 the other day and we were doing about 85 together on the interstate for about 15 miles before my exit came up. Made my day.
Ucfknight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2012, 09:02 AM   #26
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ucfknight
I usually give a head nod, like "Whats up?". If its a good looking Stang and we are on the highway or interstate I usually try to get behind them for as long as we are going in the same direction. I think it looks cool, they may think its creepy lol. I did that to a grabber blue 5.0 the other day and we were doing about 85 together on the interstate for about 15 miles before my exit came up. Made my day.
I know whenever I cruise with my friends (have 3 buddies with 5.0s and we take them out together a lot) we turn some heads for sure. I'll post a pic in a sec.
Old 08-10-2012, 09:04 AM   #27
Registered Member
Regular

Click image for larger version

Name:	image-1852214488.jpg
Views:	385
Size:	463.8 KB
ID:	62986
Old 08-10-2012, 09:10 AM   #28
Registered Member
Regular

Ahh I wish I had friends lol
GT 500 Spoiler,Front Bumper
Custom Dyno Tune by Wolfpack speed
20" Roush Hyper Black Wheels
2013GTStang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2012, 09:13 AM   #29
Registered Member
Regular

+1, those are some damn sexy Stangs! Now that pic made my day! Lol.

---------- Post added at 08:13 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:12 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2013GTStang
Yeah. I have no friends with a Mustang which sux. Would love to be able to cruise with those guys.
Ucfknight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2012, 09:15 AM   #30
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2013GTStang
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ucfknight

+1, those are some damn sexy Stangs! Now that pic made my day! Lol.

---------- Post added at 08:13 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:12 AM ----------

Yeah. I have no friends with a Mustang which sux. Would love to be able to cruise with those guys.
Hook up with your local mustang club and start going to local cruise ins. There are a lot of friendly car owners out there.
Old 08-10-2012, 09:19 AM   #31
Registered Member
Regular

I live in so cal as well. I get more compliments from other muscle car owners than mustang owners. I was at the coffee shop the other day and there is a guy that has a black 12' shelby gt500 he has been the only other one besides my best friend that has a '13 5.0 that has waved.
3.55 Gears
Borla "s" type catback exhaust
20% tint alll around.
bluemonster13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2012, 11:32 AM   #32
Registered Member
Regular

Any one that lives in Illinois keys all meet up at the next mustang meet
Merben50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2012, 06:27 PM   #33
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Canada
The wave is a jeep thing
GE3G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2012, 06:34 PM   #34
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by GE3G
The wave is a jeep thing
+1
Old 08-11-2012, 12:04 AM   #35
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Massachusetts
I give respect when credit is due I don't rev or beep I'll flash the lights roll the window down say its nice. I don't like drawing attention. The problem isn't that the respect thing died off its that people don't like to voice their opinions we'll say. Like most people that get their. Coffees screwed up and just drink it. One rule of thumb though for every 1 person that tells you it's nice 10 more people are thinking it.

Welcome to the new age as well most kids and adults don't understand cars.
Especially since hot rods have gone off. As for me v8 for life nothing but
Dtibbz22 is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT