headlight/fog lamp tint - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT



Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 08-08-2012, 02:13 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular
 
HERGTSPOT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Region: Louisiana
Posts: 61
headlight/fog lamp tint

Hello, I'm new here and I have a 2010 gt. I've been considering tinting all the way around (tail, 3rd brake, side markers, headlights, and fog lamps). I've checked out some of the posts on tail light and side marker tinting but haven't come across anything about headlight and fog lamps. My question is if any of you guys have it done and which tint would be the best to use. I don't want to lose much of the light that comes out so I was leaning towards smoke tint. Any suggestions?
HERGTSPOT is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 08-08-2012, 04:16 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular
 
1slosix's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Region: Tennessee
Posts: 7,311
Re: headlight/fog lamp tint

VHT will tint them just fine, but you will loose your light output...time to upgrade to HIDs
1slosix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2012, 04:20 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular
 
Venomouz831's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Seaside
Region: California
Posts: 8,133
Quote:
Originally Posted by HERGTSPOT
Hello, I'm new here and I have a 2010 gt. I've been considering tinting all the way around (tail, 3rd brake, side markers, headlights, and fog lamps). I've checked out some of the posts on tail light and side marker tinting but haven't come across anything about headlight and fog lamps. My question is if any of you guys have it done and which tint would be the best to use. I don't want to lose much of the light that comes out so I was leaning towards smoke tint. Any suggestions?
I just bought some tint from autozone and cut it to fit the fogs and came out nice.

Click image for larger version

Name:	image-2424676928.jpg
Views:	165
Size:	501.2 KB
ID:	62812
__________________
)02 Gt, Founder of WE2G
Venomouz831 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 08-08-2012, 06:28 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular
 
HERGTSPOT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Region: Louisiana
Posts: 61
Quote:
Originally Posted by Venomouz831

I just bought some tint from autozone and cut it to fit the fogs and came out nice.
What percentage did you get?

---------- Post added at 06:28 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:25 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1slosix
VHT will tint them just fine, but you will loose your light output...time to upgrade to HIDs
I plan on upgrading to HIDs in the near future. however I do have a question pertaining to HIDs as well. Can the stock headlights handle the heat from the bulbs? And also is it possible to make the fog lamps HID as well?
HERGTSPOT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2012, 08:34 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular
 
NAVYGUY's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Region: Virginia
Posts: 207
I bought mine off anchor-room.com
Really inexpensive (around $30) and took me about an hour to do the entire car. Tint is prefect during the day and no impact at night on visibility. Youll want to buy a squeegee and a blow dryer or heat gun. They are prwcut and fit perfectly.

---------- Post added at 09:34 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:33 PM ----------

I have HIDs and no impact from the heat output.
__________________
2010 GT Prem 400A Kona Blue
Manual, TrackPack, Electronics, Comfort, 3.73 & Security Packages, HID's
Mods: Flowmasters, GT/CS Rear Spoiler, Steeda Underdrive Pulleys, JLT Oil Separator, MMD Hood struts, ... more parts on their way
NAVYGUY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2012, 12:32 AM   #6
Registered Member
Regular
 
Venomouz831's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Seaside
Region: California
Posts: 8,133
Quote:
Originally Posted by HERGTSPOT

What percentage did you get?

---------- Post added at 06:28 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:25 PM ----------



I plan on upgrading to HIDs in the near future. however I do have a question pertaining to HIDs as well. Can the stock headlights handle the heat from the bulbs? And also is it possible to make the fog lamps HID as well?
I believ it was 2.5%
__________________
)02 Gt, Founder of WE2G
Venomouz831 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2012, 07:08 AM   #7
Registered Member
Regular
 
HERGTSPOT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Region: Louisiana
Posts: 61
Thanks so much for the input you guys.
HERGTSPOT is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


» Like Us On Facebook



01:21 PM


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0

MustangEvolution.com is in no way associated with or endorsed by Ford Motor Company.