My 2013 gt order...getting pissed - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 08-09-2012, 03:24 AM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New York
My 2013 gt order...getting pissed

Getting really frustrated here, school starts in 3 weeks and my order was placed June 2nd and still no vin. I HATE dealing with Dana ford here in NY how can a dealership so big have such ****ty customer service . 6 messages left not 1 phone call back regarding my order, nasty people putting me on hold then dropping my calls, then all I get as an answer is to call back next week. What can I do to get them to give me some info ?? How long did some of you guys wait after placing your 2013 order??
Apod91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-09-2012, 03:49 AM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: North Carolina
Re: My 2013 gt order...getting pissed

Look,Straight up! They don't give a **** b/c they can sell it at will.It comes, and bam somebody will buy it.There are some dealerships like that and just do not care.Ever notice when you go on car lots they almost run you over trying to sell ya a car.You will not see that as much with mustangs.They sell themselves and don't have to worry about selling them or move alot on pricing.Yeah, you should have a Vin by now!
Now, for what I would do and no BS. I would go elsewhere and buy it.You can walk on some lots here in NC and they got several in stock.If you are looking a specific package you can find it but you may be driving long distance.You got the fever bad enough and a little extra money,Catch a flight!
2012 Prem. w/ GB insert stripe/stitch , M6,Brembo, 3.73,Stock Air-Box,93-R Tune,Borla Catback w/ X-Pipe,FRPP-"K" Springs,BMR PH Bar,BMR Upper support brace,BMR Reloc. Brackets,CHE Lca's, Koni Struts/Shocks, Jlt cc,Saleen grill, Hydrocarbon Center console/stereo surround,Formula One Tint, MGW w/ speedawg ball match seat inserts,SOS Dual Aeroforce Guages,MT82 Amsoil MTF.METCO Uca/Ucm, Shaftmasters DS
back n a stang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2012, 07:25 AM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Pennsylvania
I agree with everything back n a stang said. I would definetly go there and demand to speak to the sales manager. Phone calls are useless. If that dont work, find a way to contact the owner of the dealership. Either way, good luck.
DWC_SmOziLLa is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-09-2012, 07:34 AM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Region: North Carolina
Had a friend with a 2013 boss 302 on order.. Dealership screwed him around so he searched other dealerships in a 200 mile radius.. Found the same car and went and bought it.. Still havnt heard from the previous dealership on his order
Shelby09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2012, 07:50 AM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Vermont
Send a message via AIM to GBlueGT

The same thing happened to me when I ordered my 2013 Boss in March, in July the said September,,,,,,,,,,I said cancel it, I know have a 2013 GT and love it! Ford stock is down almost 50% and they are selling to beat the band, wonder why the stock is down? they need a good kick in the A$$ on customer service,,,,,,,,

Rob
GBlueGT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2012, 09:05 AM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apod91 View Post
Getting really frustrated here, school starts in 3 weeks and my order was placed June 2nd and still no vin. I HATE dealing with Dana ford here in NY how can a dealership so big have such ****ty customer service . 6 messages left not 1 phone call back regarding my order, nasty people putting me on hold then dropping my calls, then all I get as an answer is to call back next week. What can I do to get them to give me some info ?? How long did some of you guys wait after placing your 2013 order??
I'd give it up and start searching for the car you want. You'll get a much better deal on a car that the dealer has on the lot. Even if you can't find one locally. You could buy a plane ticket, stay over night in motel, and drive it home if you have to, and still be way ahead on the deal. I got $5000 off mine going to the dealer that had the car I wanted.
2013 DIB Premium GT/CS, 6MT, Cervinis Ram-Air Hood, RTR Charcoal 19X9.5s, BBK Cat Deletes & X-Pipe, DMH E-Cutouts, GT500 Rear Diffuser w/GT500 Quad-tip Axle-Backs, AED E85 Lope Tune, Boss 302 Intake, BBK 85mm TB, JLT CAI, Dynatech Alum DS, FRPP 3.73's, Eibach Pro-Springs and Pro-Struts/shocks, J&M Adj Panhard Bar, UPR Billet Alum LCA's, BMR UCA & Bracket & Relo Brackets, Eibach Adj Sway Bars, MGW Shifter, Brembo brake kit w/14" slotted 2 piece Boogie Full Tilt Racing Rotors, Llumar 30/5 Tint
Jetag93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2012, 09:29 AM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Canada

Nothing beats buying off the lot, especially late in the model year. If you got a wad of cash and they got a car that's been holding the floor down for 6 months, any dealer will bend over backwards for you.

I ended up paying ~$9000 off the MSRP on my '12, because it was the last one in the region, it was late December '11 and it was loaded with everything which tended to take it out of the Mustang consumer's price point.
5LHO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2012, 02:51 AM   #8
Road Trip!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GBlueGT
The same thing happened to me when I ordered my 2013 Boss in March, in July the said September,,,,,,,,,,I said cancel it, I know have a 2013 GT and love it! Ford stock is down almost 50% and they are selling to beat the band, wonder why the stock is down? they need a good kick in the A$$ on customer service,,,,,,,,

Rob
The stock is down because every stock on the planet is down. Coming back slowly but still way down from 08.
2011gt85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2012, 12:18 AM   #9

It has now been 12 weeks and 4 days since I ordered my 2013. I waited 8+ weeks to get a VIN due to dealer allocation issues. The whole process is beyond frustrating! It still has an ETA of aug 5 and no one can tell me when it will ship or what the new ETA will be.
Stangfreak0718 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2012, 01:03 AM   #10
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stangfreak0718
It has now been 12 weeks and 4 days since I ordered my 2013. I waited 8+ weeks to get a VIN due to dealer allocation issues. The whole process is beyond frustrating! It still has an ETA of aug 5 and no one can tell me when it will ship or what the new ETA will be.
Sorry bro, that really sucks. I took a photo of a white one with Brembos on a lot about 5 months back, but didn't buy it cuz it wasn't track pack. Everything else was perfect. Took until a couple weeks ago to find a white, track pack, premium and it was the only one in Texas. Had to wait 2 days after handing over the down pmt for them to drive it up here (Texas is big, plus a Sunday). I suggest Google... Find one relatively close and lock it down. Sorry again, that is bs
SolidRRaxle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2012, 01:18 AM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidRRaxle

Sorry bro, that really sucks. I took a photo of a white one with Brembos on a lot about 5 months back, but didn't buy it cuz it wasn't track pack. Everything else was perfect. Took until a couple weeks ago to find a white, track pack, premium and it was the only one in Texas. Had to wait 2 days after handing over the down pmt for them to drive it up here (Texas is big, plus a Sunday). I suggest Google... Find one relatively close and lock it down. Sorry again, that is bs
Def not a bro but it's ok . The situation sucks for sure but I keep telling myself it will be worth it when the car finally gets here. I figure I've waited this long so what's a few more days/weeks. My dealer did take some initiative and check around for a similar car at the 7 week mark when we still had no VIN. Apparently I am entirely to picky about my vehicle as there was nothing even close to what I have ordered within the 300 nearest dealers. Hopefully I get some good news Monday morning!
Stangfreak0718 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2012, 05:11 AM   #12
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Ohio

I'm in the same boat. I can't even find a Grabber blue with track and comfort packages. Is that really such a unique request; fastest GT with warm seats??? (The comfort package is entirely for the woman that will be riding with me.) I wouldn't think it would be so hard to find...

I'm stuck with waiting. I was told that my build date was 8/20, but I still can't see the window sticker with the VIN I was given.
Old 08-12-2012, 07:12 AM   #13
Registered Member
Regular

Who did you order it from in dana? I got mine from dana in 2 months.
Old 08-12-2012, 07:19 AM   #14
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Arkansas
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue2013
I'm in the same boat. I can't even find a Grabber blue with track and comfort packages. Is that really such a unique request; fastest GT with warm seats??? (The comfort package is entirely for the woman that will be riding with me.) I wouldn't think it would be so hard to find...

I'm stuck with waiting. I was told that my build date was 8/20, but I still can't see the window sticker with the VIN I was given.
I was told that the Track Package + Comfort Package is a very rare combo. Just weeks back I went to the dealership to find one in Grabber Blue and they did a 1900 dealership search with 0 results. So I am putting my want on hold for the moment till probably the end of the year.
nitrous2v is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2012, 09:45 AM   #15
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nygreenmachine
Who did you order it from in dana? I got mine from dana in 2 months.
Tony and dave the sales managers is who i dealt with dave is a complete dick, tony isnt as bad
Old 08-12-2012, 10:10 AM   #16
Registered Member
Regular

Having Comfort + BBP + tech/nav is the cat's meow on my '12. Highly recommended you try to get what you want in a car at this price point.
Old 08-12-2012, 11:42 AM   #17
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Illinois
Guy's relax. They take time depending on your specific build and the dealers ability to get new Mustangs. My car took four months and it was painful, but when I got it all was forgotten. Patience is a virtue.
"The true test of a leader is whether his followers will adhere to his cause from their own volition, enduring the most arduous hardships without being forced to do so, and remaining steadfast in the moments of greatest peril."

Xenophon
maltesefalcon19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2012, 12:54 PM   #18
Registered Member
Regular

Yeah, mine was Premium, Comfort and Track, so same issue. They have a black one in Houston if you're interested

Not sure why people are saying this is a bad sign for Ford. Top end models are usually harder to move. Especially considering the Boss is only $3k away, this shows Ford is doing an incredible job distinguishing an retaining demand at all levels of the mustang. Also, only about 10k of these cars are sold a year, another reason this is not hurting (or for that matter helping in any material way) their stock price. Ford Europe is in the red right now, the economy there is imploding an Ford's N. America division is actually covering their losses. This is why the stock is down.
Old 08-12-2012, 02:51 PM   #19
Registered Member
Regular

The Mustang's a marquee car for Ford. The co. would have to be at death's door (like GM was...and is, again) to consider cancelling this car. It still sells pretty well for a low volume, small market segment vehicle.

A Boss is an even smaller, narrower market segment. I don't think GT buyers, as a whole are thinking, "I coulda had a Boss"; they are thinking, "I want a GT and I'm going to load it up with what I want."
Old 08-12-2012, 03:25 PM   #20
Registered Member
Regular

Huh?

Yeah, in no way did I say the mustang would be discontinued. I mean it's a positive sign that they are so hard to get and especially at the top-end of the spectrum. Yes, I agree I want it (got it) loaded, but we are a minority, just like sixxers augment GT sales... GT sales augment Premiums.
Old 08-13-2012, 11:31 AM   #21
Registered Member
Regular

Got my vin! Eta 8/28
Old 08-13-2012, 12:18 PM   #22
Registered Member
Regular

Oorah! Just a couple weeks more!

There is surprising breadth in the Mustang market. There's a market for base 6 bangers and a market for Track Pack GT500s. It's amazing one car can cover this broad a market swath so successfully. Camaro's success in this area isn't as well supported over the whole length of its production. Stopping production on that car just pent the demand up artificially and that, combined with Ford seeming to hold on to the older 4.6 technology too long resulted in momentary better sales for the Camaro, first time ever in its history outselling Mustang. Mustang's track record over time in sales versus its competition is still pretty unapproachable though.
Old 08-13-2012, 06:16 PM   #23

Region: Ohio

I purchased a 2012 in Jan. I found Auto Trader to be. PITA. Dealers would not list options and ignore email questions.

I ended up searching via dealer locator on ford web site. You can display the window sticker for cars on dealers lot.

I ended up finding a car with options I wanted approx 40 miles away.

I have a Ford dealer less than 3 miles from my house which gave me terrible sales service.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT