Dealership Service Nightmare - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 08-09-2012, 11:33 AM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: North Carolina
Dealership Service Nightmare

So I am sitting at the dealership service center AGAIN, every time they work on something on my car they break something else. True story in the last 3 months I have had my car here every week minus 2.
I brought my car in for sat radio going in and out. I told them it had to be the antenna because when I would set it next to other vehicles with sat radio theirs worked mine didn't. They rebooted the module and called it fixed. So the next week I brought it back same issue. (it would work for maybe 10 min and then not work for a couple days. They said they had to order a new radio module and to bring it back the next week. The following week I brought it back and they replaced the module. In the process they scratched the stuff out of my center console. When I saw this and brought it to their attention, the lady told me I probably scratched it with my rings and/or bracelets. The only jewelry I've worn in the last 25 years has been dog tags. Needless to say I was livid. To add insult to injury the radio still did not work. So the next week I brought it back for them to replace the entire center console. When they did they pinched the leather shift boot cover between the shift knob and shifter. So when I took it back today instead of unscrewing the shift knob they just yanked it out, ripping the leather. So now I have to come back next week when they order another one to replace it with.
Back to the radio. After two more weeks of rebooting and trouble shooting, I went to the owner of the dealership, and kindly informed him about NC Lemon laws which states that if a person has to return a car for repair 4 times for the same issue, regardless of the part I.e. radio, engine, window, etc., it falls under lemon law which remedies 3 times the new value of the vehicle plus attorney and legal fees. He immediately pulled a new Lincoln MKS from the lot and gave to me to drive for a week until they fixed the issue. The fix you ask? They replaced the antenna like I told them to begin with.
During this fiasco the seat motor started failing. So they had to order another seat motor. During the process of replacing the motor, they broke the retainer clips that hold the plastic trim for switches in place. They tried to rig it to stay but as soon as I sat in the seat, and no I only way 190 Lbs (I knew what you were thinking), it pops loose. So I take it back and then the pitiful excuse of a Ford Technician stated, right there in front of me, that he thought it would hold. So now they have to replace the whole plastic trim.
tbonz2869 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-09-2012, 11:41 AM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Illinois
I might be in jail right now if I were you that's ridiculous!
Black5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2012, 12:18 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Where in NC are u? I need to stay away from there
Shelby09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-09-2012, 12:36 PM   #4

Region: Maryland
Re: Dealership Service Nightmare

RUN and find a new dealer. It's obvious those guys have no idea how to fix your car and have zero respect for it (if they respected it they wouldnt keep tearing it up)
Warranty work can be done at any dealer,not just where you bought your car.
Old 08-09-2012, 12:40 PM   #5
The Blue Dragon
Regular
Supporter

Region: Kentucky
Quote:
Originally Posted by Camaro
RUN and find a new dealer. It's obvious those guys have no idea how to fix your car and have zero respect for it (if they respected it they wouldnt keep tearing it up)
Now this is sound, constructive, good advice. Dont come in here trying to start off on the wrong foot though, you'll get flamed everytime.

AUGUST 2012 MOTM!!!!
GrabberBlue5.0 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2012, 12:55 PM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

+1 on that.. I don't think it will last

---------- Post added at 01:55 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:54 PM ----------

+1 on that.. Don't think it will last tho
Old 08-09-2012, 12:57 PM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Virginia
Dealerships actually make money by charging Ford or any other company for repairs. Remember they get paid for labor. So, it doesn't effect them ... Only you and your time.
NAVYGUY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2012, 12:58 PM   #8
The Blue Dragon
Regular
Supporter

I applaud him for going outside of his Chevy box and learning about mustangs, I'm on camaro5 to learn as well, just don't be a d!ck and expect that no one will agree or side with you when you go on enemy territory and try to bash

AUGUST 2012 MOTM!!!!
Old 08-09-2012, 12:59 PM   #9
Registered Member
Regular

Read his profile.. I don't think he's here to learn about ur gt bro
Old 08-09-2012, 01:04 PM   #10
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Pennsylvania
Quote:
Yea what the guy with the boat said.

---------- Post added at 02:04 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:02 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shelby09
Lets not start this on this thread. Lets wait till he posts something stupid on the CAI question or axlebacks? Thread that will be started in. Few days
Edens5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2012, 01:06 PM   #11
Registered Member
Regular

Oh I'm just in neutral at the moment
Old 08-09-2012, 01:11 PM   #12
The Blue Dragon
Regular
Supporter

I think he came to this site and immediately got upset by some Camaro bashing so maybe he just made it in his bad mood.

Trying to give him the benefit of the doubt and hope he has something constructive to offer

AUGUST 2012 MOTM!!!!
Old 08-09-2012, 01:11 PM   #13
Registered Member
Regular

I'm with u
Old 08-09-2012, 01:12 PM   #14
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Virginia
Quote:
Originally Posted by NAVYGUY
Dealerships actually make money by charging Ford or any other company for repairs. Remember they get paid for labor. So, it doesn't effect them ... Only you and your time.
Dealerships actually don't like doing warranty work because the parent company pays them less per hour than if someone came in and paid out of pocket. It is all car companies that do that not just ford.
Oh and Grabber I'm digging the avitar.
9tee7pony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2012, 01:12 PM   #15
Road Trip!

Region: Indiana
Wow. That is one of the worst I've heard. The dealship by my house is Terrible also. I had told them many 4 letter words I can't say on here and will never go back. Sorry to hear about that though. It sucks having your property disrespected by some incompitent mechanics.

Maybe you should post in the regional section with the dealers name and address to warn others.
dreamstang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2012, 01:14 PM   #16
Staff
Blogger
Staff

Region: Georgia
Send a message via Skype™ to 99ford

I have to say I think this is the techs being lazy nothing to do with money. I could be wrong. It sounds like they just want to take short cuts. If you have another dealer close by try them out.
Old 08-09-2012, 01:18 PM   #17
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Nevada

That fuc---g crazy......... The quality of workmanship in the US now is sucking!
Old 08-09-2012, 02:54 PM   #18
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Florida

were I worked warr. work & customer work paid the same $$ but mechanic's get paid by the job so faster means more $$$$$ so some take short cuts if they can
Lugnut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2012, 04:03 PM   #19
Road Trip!

Region: Florida
Quote:
Is that a v6 in your profile pic?
Mikeyt03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2012, 04:31 PM   #20
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California
That sh** would have made me pull my hair out. I would never go back to that dealer. I would have really got pissed if they try to blame me for scratching up my own car.
Tha twin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2012, 06:53 PM   #21
Registered Member
Regular

Ive never taken anything to the dealership..I rather tear it up myself learning how something works than letting someone touch my girl..I work in fleet,,so i can take my time and get it right..Dealerships work on commision so they have to do it fast as they can to make money..And anyone knows that done it ,,if your working on interior stuff you have to be gentle,,or it will break or scratch..If the dealership management would allow more time on jobs,,they would do a batter job..I thought i seen a camaro around somewhere..on this site..wasnt sure,,only used to seeing them in my rear veiw mirror..lol
Old 08-09-2012, 08:12 PM   #22
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Ohio

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shelby09 View Post
lol

It's entertaining. I guess he doesn't realize that it's the person, not the car, that makes you who you are.
Old 08-09-2012, 08:17 PM   #23
Road Trip!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue2013

lol

It's entertaining. I guess he doesn't realize that it's the person, not the car, that makes you who you are.
lol what a d bag
Old 08-09-2012, 11:46 PM   #24

nah its not a 6'er,dont you see my pimpin fake mail slot?
Old 08-10-2012, 05:33 AM   #25
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Where in NC are u? I need to stay away from there
Fayetteville 2 dealerships and I get the "special needs" one lol though I must say sales dept are best. They always give me the best price.
tbonz2869 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2012, 05:40 PM   #26
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by tbonz2869

Fayetteville 2 dealerships and I get the "special needs" one lol though I must say sales dept are best. They always give me the best price.
Sounds like Crown Ford
bigsmitty24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2012, 11:52 AM   #27
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Does it turn into an 18 foot robot and protect u Sam witwicki?
Old 08-11-2012, 02:20 PM   #28
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Pennsylvania
Quote:

Hilarious...
DWC_SmOziLLa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2012, 05:05 PM   #29
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
I like how in his profile it says using outdated technology hmm last I checked your the one with a pushrod motor in your car not us doesn't get much more outdated than cam in block pushrod motors
SSC182 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2012, 11:24 PM   #30

Quote:
Originally Posted by SSC182 View Post
I like how in his profile it says using outdated technology hmm last I checked your the one with a pushrod motor in your car not us doesn't get much more outdated than cam in block pushrod motors
haha obviously everything in that was just to get a rise outta those who decided to snoop a bit.

i came here out of curiosity and after seeing the camaro flaming (as was to be expected from a mustang site) decided to have a bit of fun and troll you guys a bit.

some of you guys i have talked to in pm's and are some really great guys who "get it" and we have fun ribbing each other now

But some of you guys are a bit too ummm fanatical, and get too carried away (seriously,wanting to come to my house? check my post history,there isnt anything even remotely close to justifying that kind of behavior) these are cars afterall,you love yours,i love mine. Trash talking is part of competition (plus its fun) but no need to go overboard and do anything stupid over it.

---------- Post added at 12:24 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:21 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shelby09 View Post
to bad it doesn't. I'd make that sombiach go to work in my place and he could make the payments on himself.
Old 08-11-2012, 11:26 PM   #31
Road Trip!

Quote:

haha obviously everything in that was just to get a rise outta those who decided to snoop a bit.

i came here out of curiosity and after seeing the camaro flaming (as was to be expected from a mustang site) decided to have a bit of fun and troll you guys a bit.

some of you guys i have talked to in pm's and are some really great guys who "get it" and we have fun ribbing each other now

But some of you guys are a bit too ummm fanatical, and get too carried away (seriously,wanting to come to my house? check my post history,there isnt anything even remotely close to justifying that kind of behavior) these are cars afterall,you love yours,i love mine. Trash talking is part of competition (plus its fun) but no need to go overboard and do anything stupid over it.
i think the profile was definitly the ice breaker.

me personally only buy ford. i have my reasons. but i do respect most american muscle cars. especially older one. and i have no problem with a camaro guy trying to learn something.

but i know you already know, as you have stated. you will get inflamed by others. good luck man
Old 08-11-2012, 11:42 PM   #32
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Id like to see you put that camaro up against a boss ....then lets see whos in whos mirrors ...lol.
03 gtmustang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2012, 03:11 AM   #33
Road Trip!

Region: Canada
Quote:
Originally Posted by 03 gtmustang

Id like to see you put that camaro up against a boss ....then lets see whos in whos mirrors ...lol.
Why a boss? It's gets dominated in every category by a regular gt.
2011gt85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2012, 04:57 AM   #34
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Ohio

Quote:
Originally Posted by Camaro View Post

---------- Post added at 12:24 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:21 AM ----------

to bad it doesn't. I'd make that sombiach go to work in my place and he could make the payments on himself.
Wow! People were threatened coming to your house over your profile? Haha. That's just stupid.

To be honest, I'm getting my second Mustang for a few reasons. 1. I loved my first Mustang. 2. It will literally be doubling the horsepower. 3. I received excellent customer service from the Ford dealer I purchased it from during the 3.5 years I've owned it.

After I had already ordered it, a friend of mine asked me why I wasn't getting a Camaro SS. That is when I did the research to compare them. I was fortunate with my findings. (Just fyi: The thread I created was more to mock the lying GM sales rep than the car itself.) Had the SS been the better car, I would have canceled my order.

If I was going to be fanatical about a car, it would be a Lamborghini... Unfortunately, that's out of my price range. =)
Old 08-12-2012, 02:37 PM   #35
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Canada
Quote:
Originally Posted by GrabberBlue5.0
I think he came to this site and immediately got upset by some Camaro bashing so maybe he just made it in his bad mood.

Trying to give him the benefit of the doubt and hope he has something constructive to offer
I'd be Pist to if I owned a slowmaro.
Bladezx is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT