Mustang Evolution Forum banner

Spy Photos

6K views 24 replies 8 participants last post by  claudermilk 
#1 ·
Just found the spy photos of the console of the 15' It's an automatic. They have the same shiftier, no paddle shifters :( , but the console and steering wheel are completely different.
IMHO, I like the interior and controls of my 13' better.

Spy Photos: 2015 Ford Mustang

#4 ·
mrkrabz said:
What is the big deal with the IRS, what does it really improve. I know it helps with performance, but in what way?
In short, it's better for handling and is a much smother ride. Both rear wheels are connected to each other on a SRA so hit a bump on one wheel and it affects the other wheel as it affects the entire rear axle. With IRS what affects one wheel won't affect the other. They're independent from each other. SRA's are supposed to be better for drag but I'm not a drag guy so I can live w/o. But an SRA could be a bit more "exciting" to drive since it's a harsher ride :/

#10 ·
That story is old, what car manufactures do is they build a car, and then they make them modular, so they can add a shell of an older model. to test it. Or they put big black panels on it, but if the body shape is the same as the previous version, then they use the previous body parts. That way they can test them in traffic. If you live near a production facility, you will see them every once an a while on the roads.

#11 ·
mrkrabz said:
That story is old, what car manufactures do is they build a car, and then they make them modular, so they can add a shell of an older model. to test it. Or they put big black panels on it, but if the body shape is the same as the previous version, then they use the previous body parts. That way they can test them in traffic. If you live near a production facility, you will see them every once an a while on the roads.
Often times they do! There was an excellent article in Automobile or Car and Driver about that.

#22 ·
Jackal43x said:
They don't, they have a little + and - button on the shifter itself. I'd say its a thumb shifter lol.
mrkrabz said:
I have a 13', and I don't have paddle shifters. They have little buttons on the shifter themselves. Paddle shifters are little paddles that go behind the steering wheel that you can pull back. Kinda like the turn signal.
Hmm thumb shifters.

A while back I got to play with a 300 SRT 8 as much as I'm a Ford guy, I love me some American V8, so I never say no :D it happend to have paddle shifters, and oh my goodness that was a good time. Agh if only we could bring that to the Mustang.

---------- Post added at 12:04 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:02 AM ----------

@Jake:
I do like Porsche but I just couldn't bring myself to buying an automatic in one. Something about those raspy mid-engine cars, and a manual go along way. Just my .02

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.