Bad newS - Page 3 - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 08-18-2012, 06:17 AM   #71
Registered Member
Regular

Re: Bad newS

If tunes are a risky solution and CAI not a big hp difference.
What other hp or torque solutions are available for the 5.0 that are not considered risky for the engine or other drivetrain component?
2011 GT Premium, Brembo, 3.73, KONI STRT, Steeda Sport springs, GT500 strut mounts, Strano's adjustable swaybars, 275/40R19 Michelin Pilot Super Sport, HAWK HPS, ATE DOT 4, CS style rear pedestal spoiler, AM Eleanor side scoops, "C style" side decals, Black BOSS style roof vinyl, black custom hood vinyl & Black pony.
M3hunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-18-2012, 06:33 AM   #72
The Blue Dragon
Regular
Supporter

Region: Kentucky
None, it all comes with risk, and to get anything out of any mod a tune is required

AUGUST 2012 MOTM!!!!
GrabberBlue5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2012, 06:41 AM   #73
Registered Member
Regular

GrabberBlue5.0
Thanks for the info. I will just focus toward suspension improvements. For me is not worth the risk of lossing my engine warranty or a damaged engine. Is just my DD.
2011 GT Premium, Brembo, 3.73, KONI STRT, Steeda Sport springs, GT500 strut mounts, Strano's adjustable swaybars, 275/40R19 Michelin Pilot Super Sport, HAWK HPS, ATE DOT 4, CS style rear pedestal spoiler, AM Eleanor side scoops, "C style" side decals, Black BOSS style roof vinyl, black custom hood vinyl & Black pony.
M3hunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-18-2012, 09:59 AM   #74
Registered Member
Regular

Region: North Carolina

Man tuning is being blowed out of proportion.Nothing wrong with tuning.In general any canned tune is not gonna lean you all the way to the edge. Close if you know somebody and want it there. Of course a dyno is better. He can stand there and watch STFT,LTFT,Spark advance,knock,AFR and etc. and make tweaks.I know of many failures due to many problems. The number 8 is not getting enough coolant.They got a 189.00 fix for that.If say 3 is not getting enough it can ****** timing and help.Eight is not quite so easy. To be honest alot of failures is on LOW OIL! Low oil and High RPM's don't mix. These cars will use oil!!! GO CHECK IT!! Break-in is the worst I seen but this motor is still maybe the best I seen. It's ring flutter and a known thing. Check that dip stick. It don't matter that you just looked 1000 miles ago. Be on very level ground. Sensitive with only the last couple quarts even showing on stick. As for LUND tunes. He knows how to tune a car but he does not have a operation and resources like Bama. Or some other. I personally do not care to run his tune. Right now I got a tune that mod for mod I would love to run against his.Not saying he can't tune,but he is not Jesus in a bottle!!
2012 Prem. w/ GB insert stripe/stitch , M6,Brembo, 3.73,Stock Air-Box,93-R Tune,Borla Catback w/ X-Pipe,FRPP-"K" Springs,BMR PH Bar,BMR Upper support brace,BMR Reloc. Brackets,CHE Lca's, Koni Struts/Shocks, Jlt cc,Saleen grill, Hydrocarbon Center console/stereo surround,Formula One Tint, MGW w/ speedawg ball match seat inserts,SOS Dual Aeroforce Guages,MT82 Amsoil MTF.METCO Uca/Ucm, Shaftmasters DS
back n a stang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2012, 11:33 AM   #75
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New Jersey
I agree that break in is when these motors lose most oil. My first 5000 miles I was 2qts low. I'm at 7500 and my last oil change was around 4500. And I never added anything and I'm just about level, so the burning oil phase seems to be a thing in the past and I check the oil fairly often. Plus my JLT oil separator has a small buildup here and there nothing bad
gtstyles2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2012, 12:25 PM   #76
Registered Member
Regular

Just got back from getting some 93 and checked oil while it was real level there. I was about 1/3 of a quart. Been probably 800-1000 this time without checking.Car only has 9000+ miles on it. Still uses some but not nearly as much as when it was between 0 and 5000 miles.To Make me feel better I sent a test sample of my oil change at 7800 (2nd change) to BLACKSTONE LABS and all was VERY good.Made me feel better. High RPM pulls will make it happen at a little more rapid rate. My catch can had maybe little over 1/4'' in it. Normal and better than back in my motor robbing me of HP and looking detonation.LS motors I've had truthfully did not need catch can.IMO these 5.0's are a must if you drive it! If the factory could get by with putting one on there and telling people they need to check and empty they would consider probably,but they know that would not be a good selling feature to explain.LOL! On average it's not gonna hurt nothing but I do not let it back in. I like to stretch her legs and why take chances for something so simple.I see some days are coming in low 80's here.I want to try out this more aggressive tune and shift at 7200 but on 100 degree days I usually hold up around 65 to 6600
2012 Prem. w/ GB insert stripe/stitch , M6,Brembo, 3.73,Stock Air-Box,93-R Tune,Borla Catback w/ X-Pipe,FRPP-"K" Springs,BMR PH Bar,BMR Upper support brace,BMR Reloc. Brackets,CHE Lca's, Koni Struts/Shocks, Jlt cc,Saleen grill, Hydrocarbon Center console/stereo surround,Formula One Tint, MGW w/ speedawg ball match seat inserts,SOS Dual Aeroforce Guages,MT82 Amsoil MTF.METCO Uca/Ucm, Shaftmasters DS
Old 08-18-2012, 01:10 PM   #77
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New Jersey
Quote:
Originally Posted by back n a stang
Just got back from getting some 93 and checked oil while it was real level there. I was about 1/3 of a quart. Been probably 800-1000 this time without checking.Car only has 9000+ miles on it. Still uses some but not nearly as much as when it was between 0 and 5000 miles.To Make me feel better I sent a test sample of my oil change at 7800 (2nd change) to BLACKSTONE LABS and all was VERY good.Made me feel better. High RPM pulls will make it happen at a little more rapid rate. My catch can had maybe little over 1/4'' in it. Normal and better than back in my motor robbing me of HP and looking detonation.LS motors I've had truthfully did not need catch can.IMO these 5.0's are a must if you drive it! If the factory could get by with putting one on there and telling people they need to check and empty they would consider probably,but they know that would not be a good selling feature to explain.LOL! On average it's not gonna hurt nothing but I do not let it back in. I like to stretch her legs and why take chances for something so simple.I see some days are coming in low 80's here.I want to try out this more aggressive tune and shift at 7200 but on 100 degree days I usually hold up around 65 to 6600
Good to know... it seems with these motors u would know whether u got a bad egg or not early on. Over time, engine and even the MT wears in and adjusts to get better. I'm happy and having no issues yet and I'm on a BAMA 93 tune for the past 2k miles. About to get my Barton short throw which is on order now and really enjoy my drives more
gtstyles2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2012, 01:24 PM   #78
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Delaware

I hate threads like this... Who tuned it... UM not saying because they are not offering me **** to do a rebuild!!!!!

Another bogus #8 bull**** thread!!!!!! If you blew it up than say who tuned it!!! your mods are so minimal that I believe you blew the motor and not the tuner! Did you check oil? did you run 93 annd not cheap out and put 91 or under in it? Were you beating the piss out of your car in the heat wave we recently had? there is so many variables that you aren't saying... And since you were so quick to say possibly a tune did it then man up and say who the fuk tuned it! Why are you being so protective of the Tuner?
Stang8psi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2012, 02:04 PM   #79
The Blue Dragon
Regular
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stang8psi View Post
I hate threads like this... Who tuned it... UM not saying because they are not offering me **** to do a rebuild!!!!!

Another bogus #8 bull**** thread!!!!!! If you blew it up than say who tuned it!!! your mods are so minimal that I believe you blew the motor and not the tuner! Did you check oil? did you run 93 annd not cheap out and put 91 or under in it? Were you beating the piss out of your car in the heat wave we recently had? there is so many variables that you aren't saying... And since you were so quick to say possibly a tune did it then man up and say who the fuk tuned it! Why are you being so protective of the Tuner?
umm, reread, pretty sure he said #4 and 6. not sure what the rant is about though, if he doesn't wanna tell then why tell?

---------- Post added at 03:04 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:01 PM ----------

and even if you did have the answers to all these questions what would you do with the info?

AUGUST 2012 MOTM!!!!
Old 08-18-2012, 03:26 PM   #80
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stang8psi

it was 4 and 6. So next time you try and put me down somehow read the whole thread. I could care less what negative stuff you have to say. Just take it somewhere else next time.

---------- Post added at 03:22 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:21 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rapinator126

it was 4 and 6. So next time you try and put me down somehow read the whole thread. I could care less what negative stuff you have to say. Just take it somewhere else next time.
i not looking for the tunner to offer me anything. It happens its just a chance you take

---------- Post added at 03:26 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:22 PM ----------

and to answer your questions I always had 93 in it and yes i check my oil very regularly. No i don't beat the crap out of it.
Rapinator126 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2012, 02:23 PM   #81
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Delaware

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rapinator126 View Post

---------- Post added at 03:22 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:21 PM ----------

i not looking for the tunner to offer me anything. It happens its just a chance you take

---------- Post added at 03:26 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:22 PM ----------

and to answer your questions I always had 93 in it and yes i check my oil very regularly. No i don't beat the crap out of it.
than you my friend had either a crappy tuner or you must have not data logged it to see if there were any issues! Still thread is crap...
Stang8psi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2012, 02:40 PM   #82
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
than you my friend had either a crappy tuner or you must have not data logged it to see if there were any issues! Still thread is crap...
Give the man a break!
Old 08-20-2012, 02:58 PM   #83
The Blue Dragon
Regular
Supporter

Quote:
dude, I realize that you are accustomed to the way S197 works, but this ain't S197. What if I was to tell you that he had a very well renowned tuner and he had datalogged (I know the answer to both btw) what would your response be then?

AUGUST 2012 MOTM!!!!

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT