So, after careful research I was going to spend a few dollars on my 2012 GT
Premium. Not a whole lot, but a few bucks.
This is what I have now:
1) Roush CAI (dealer installed, came with car)
2) Roush Axelback (dealer installed, came with car)
3) Roush lowering springs (dealer installed, came with car)
4) Barton shifter and bracket (love it)
5) Other non-performance mods, grills, hood struts, deck lid, bling crap
This is what I am thinking of buying:
1) SCT XCalibrator 3 w/ Custom Tune for Ford Mustang 388-3015ST
After some reading, mainly here, although some have had some issues with the SCT tuner, this still seems to be the one to get. I will get three tunes from Steeda. Based on my reading, Steeda seems to have well-performing, but safe tunes that have not caused many folks any issues.
2) Steeda Mustang Billet Oil Separator - Made in the USA 555-3712
Oil separators seem all the rage ... I admittedly do not fully understand why these are such a big deal - are they needed on all cars, or just Mustangs? Do I need two or just one for the passenger side? If so, why only the passenger side? Lots of seemingly smart people say they are a good thing to have, so I'll snag the Steeda along with my tuner. And an extra filter.
3) BBK Mustang After Cat X-Pipe (2011-2013 GT) 1460 - Free Shipping!
I love the sound of the Roush - and watched some videos with X-pipes and love that even more. This one is supposedly a direct bolt-on and is inexpensive. Anything to be concerned with? I assume this is not a "tune required" part.
Eventually, I was to enter my car in some local shows, just for fun. So I want to dress-up the engine bay a bit.
4) Steeda has all sorts of aluminum billet caps, etc. oil, radiator, fuse box, etc. They are a bit pricey but look really good.
5) Ford Racing BOSS 302 Mustang Coil Covers - Pre-painted (11-13 GT) M-6P067-M50B - Free Shipping!
I want the my covers race red - but this is a little pricey. I tried finding paint locally that matched, but came up short. Any suggestions on a perfect match appreciated ... and I'll paint them myself.
I also want to delete the silly sound tube ... doesn't anyone make something to plug the hole in the intake? The concept of this just seems silly and when people ask me what it is I am embarrassed to tell them.
Any and all comments / warnings / suggestions appreciated. Thanks.